For the 6th time, O'Neal is selected ...

For the 6th time, O'Neal is selected for All-Star Game

There are 13 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 1, 2007, titled For the 6th time, O'Neal is selected for All-Star Game. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Move over, Reggie. Jermaine has taken over the top spot. Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal passed Reggie Miller for the most NBA All-Star selections in franchise history when he was picked for the sixth ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Hmmm

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Feb 2, 2007
interesting
Don in Indy

South Bend, IN

#2 Feb 2, 2007
You have to admit that Reg had a tough road set before him with Jordan and Pippens in Chicago. Plus there were numerous players on his teams that could all score at any time. Thankfully that was not the situation for the power forward spots in the Eastern conference, not to take anything away from J.O. I do hope Carlisle lets the guys play more team ball and not be SSSOOOO predictable(it's boring for me personally!). I am proud of J.O. and hope he is able to continue to play up to the expectations of a percieved All-Star.
Eric

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 2, 2007
Nice work Jermaine. I think he's more deserving of a starting spot over Bosh who missed about 10 games but Toronto is having a surprisingly good season so no big deal. I agree Don that Reggie always had much tougher competition for a spot on the All Star team but this is still a nice accomplishment for J.O.
HAHAHAHA

United States

#4 Feb 2, 2007
JO an all-star. HAHAHAHAHAHA
He is a wannabe superstar. They still need to ship him off. He got what he wanted, he forced the trading of Harrington so he could ensure that he would be the best player on the team. He's a joke, hopefully in the offseason the Pacers will wake up.
TDRocks

Granger, IN

#5 Feb 2, 2007
Congrats JO. Despite some of the uneducated fans, you are deserving. Keep up the good work.
mef

Cupertino, CA

#6 Feb 2, 2007
HAHAHAHA wrote:
JO an all-star. HAHAHAHAHAHA
He is a wannabe superstar. They still need to ship him off. He got what he wanted, he forced the trading of Harrington so he could ensure that he would be the best player on the team. He's a joke, hopefully in the offseason the Pacers will wake up.
YOU need to wake up.
Another Brick

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 2, 2007
Surprising (not) news from todays SF Chronicle -

"Warriors update: Defense was the order of the afternoon during Thursday's practice after the Warriors allowed back-to-back season-highs to the LeBron-less Cavs and Hawks. Golden State was also outrebounded by 13 and 17 in those blowout losses. "We talked a lot about our zone," guard Stephen Jackson said. "We were really focusing on our rotations and how we need to be able to rebound more to start running again." ... Meanwhile, the Warriors are in a 3-for-35 slump from three-point range..."

Gee - poor defense, rebounding & 3-point shooting - who'd ever have guessed?
TDRocks

Granger, IN

#8 Feb 2, 2007
Another Brick wrote:
Surprising (not) news from todays SF Chronicle -
"Warriors update: Defense was the order of the afternoon during Thursday's practice after the Warriors allowed back-to-back season-highs to the LeBron-less Cavs and Hawks. Golden State was also outrebounded by 13 and 17 in those blowout losses. "We talked a lot about our zone," guard Stephen Jackson said. "We were really focusing on our rotations and how we need to be able to rebound more to start running again." ... Meanwhile, the Warriors are in a 3-for-35 slump from three-point range..."
Gee - poor defense, rebounding & 3-point shooting - who'd ever have guessed?
Not sure this is the right forum for your respones, but this is funny none-the-less. I may not be 100% thrilled with our new guys (I'm about 90%), I'm 100000% thrilled for those guys to be gone. I'll admit, I wanted Al back this summer. Now that we had him, I see why I wasn't upset for him to leave the first time.
Another Brick

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Feb 2, 2007
TDRocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure this is the right forum for your respones, but this is funny none-the-less. I may not be 100% thrilled with our new guys (I'm about 90%), I'm 100000% thrilled for those guys to be gone. I'll admit, I wanted Al back this summer. Now that we had him, I see why I wasn't upset for him to leave the first time.
understood & agreed (on all points)- there just weren't any other current Pacer threads & this was just too funny not to share. I caught part of the GS game the other night and much to my surprise there was Jax staring open mouthed at the official while Cleveland was breaking towards the other end of the court. GOOD RIDDANCE!
ColtsFan

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 2, 2007
Really? An all star?? That's a joke.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#12 Feb 2, 2007
Congratulations JO!!!

Great job kicking it up a notch or two this year, you've played really well, and it's been fun watching you; keep up the great work!!!!

Since: Jan 07

Benton, KY

#13 Feb 2, 2007
What is the deal with the Nets getting two players Kidd and Carter, as All-Stars. That team has sucked all year, but they have two All-Stars. Is this the All Star game or the Hazebeen Game. Those two have sucked for years. Give some of the up and coming players a chance. I'm tired of Vincsanity. . .
Midwestspicoli

Utica, KY

#15 Feb 7, 2007
WELL AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T GO TO STRRIP CLUBS, CARRY GUNS AND GET IN FIGHTS HE DESERVES IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reggie Miller puts Geist home on market (Dec '07) Jun '17 There phartse 92
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
More from around the web