Pacers hope the only way to go is up

Pacers hope the only way to go is up

There are 74 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 4, 2007, titled Pacers hope the only way to go is up. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

There's nothing wrong with the Indiana Pacers that getting easy baskets wouldn't fix.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Are you nuts

Windsor, CA

#63 Mar 5, 2007
MrEtheColtsFan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with comments about J.O...No big man is going to get it done if the players around him can't get it done. To have a successful post game you have to have decent shooters. The Pacers are dead last in field goal percentage, which tells me two things. 1) If you can't shoot, you aren't going to win many games unless your defense is spectacular. 2) without a good shooter to draw the double teams away from the post, J.O. has no chance. Not even Shaq would be productive being double and triple teamed all the time. And that's because teams aren't afraid to leave our shooters open, since they miss most of the time anyway. One last observation about Jermaine, while everyone is quick to wanna get rid of him...without him the Pacers have ZERO defense. Why do you think he's tops in the league in blocked shots? That's because the rest of the team allows penetration on darn near every single play. But he can't do it all by himself. It's starts at the point guard position b/c the point guards allow the pick and roll to kill us every single time. Everyone is quick to wanna hold on to Foster and yes he is a good rebounder and energy guy. And he also does a decent job of playing defense on some big men. But he's not a cure all and although a fan favorite, fans need to understand that this isn't about who's the more popular player and who they don't like...this is about winning championships. We could have a team that included Tinsley, Spreewell, Artest, Zack Randolph and Dennis Rodman and I wouldn't care as long as we could win a championship.
How about that... Artest arrested for abusing a woman. You're a man let me tell you saying that you will accept anything as long as they win a title.
Enough

Louisville, KY

#64 Mar 5, 2007
I don't understand why people are so quick to slate Isaiah Thomas. The guy had one of the youngest teams in the entire NBA while he was here and he consistently got us the playoffs. Some might say he underachieved, but other than the 62-20 season, what else has control-freak Carlisle done? Larry Bird might have been a great player and a decent coach but I seriously doubt his managerial ability.
Tyrone

Boulder Creek, CA

#65 Mar 5, 2007
That's what you get for crowing about how you got over on Golden State after you got suckered into taking their stiffs. Diagu is the Danny Fortson of the new millenia.
luis

Australia

#66 Mar 5, 2007
I just hope Jermaine shuts up and play the game. 3/13 FG and most of them jump shots! Why doesn't he bully himself towards the basket? He's quick, strong, and big. He should always contribute an inspirational effort because he's the leader of the team. Otherwise, just shut up and stop giving profound comments after humiliating defeats.
Jr-Lexington

Ashburn, VA

#67 Mar 5, 2007
My Oh My was it my mad depression with this losing streak that started this Pacer hate fest? Most of you Pacer fans know how hard it is to let go. I dont even pretend to know the answers but somebody needs to ask the question what can we who have paid the bills all these years do to help this team? Guess breaking up is hard to do we love our Pacers!
Carey from Carmel IN

Louisville, KY

#68 Mar 5, 2007
"We've got to find ways to get easy baskets," Darrell Armstrong said. "(Saturday) was more like a grinding half-court game. We've got to get some easy buckets some way, somehow."

Hey Armstrong-I feel you have to create the shots with more movement on offense and setting more picks. Keep moving and work the ball around. Watch Butler!
J Shepherd

Newington, CT

#69 Mar 5, 2007
I thought the Pasers were having a good year. After all they have won every bar fight they have been in this year.
Kevin

United States

#70 Mar 6, 2007
Remember, JO said if this team can't win with him then it will be time for him to go. IT'S TIME!
David Stern

Ft Mitchell, KY

#71 Mar 6, 2007
Kevin wrote:
Remember, JO said if this team can't win with him then it will be time for him to go. IT'S TIME!
Yeah, the moment I heard J.O. say that in my mind it translated to "get me the hell out of Indianapolis." I think he's known for a year of two that he didn't want to be here anymore. He's just got too much class to pull a Ron-Ron and force a trade through the media.
Jeff

New Kensington, PA

#72 Mar 6, 2007
I hate to say it but the coach seems to be the issue here. He has very little, if any control over his players. That also goes for the head office.... look at Sacramento, Artest in trouble again but instead of letting him play and be disrutive to the team he is sitting at home just like Tinsley and Daniels should be. This team use to be about character and heart but now we have a leader who is spoiled and a select group of guys who think they can do what ever they want. We have some guys who you can battle with every night, like Foster and Armstrong but they can't do it on their owm! It's time to hold players accountable instead of making excusses for them!
Jackie

Indianapolis, IN

#73 Mar 6, 2007
What ever happen to Pacer Fans. Typical Indiana fans they are with you as long as you are winning. Don't you think the team knows they have a problem. I am sick of all these locker room coaches. The only thing they know is to get rid of somebody. Don't you know the players are only human young men with the gift to play basketball, none of them are perfect and they are going to make mistakes on and off the court. What ever happen to giving some encouragement. I wonder what some of you would do if you were in their position. Yes, they make a lot of money, but so do the owners and front office. You seldom say anything negative about them. My only comment is if you keep doing the same thing over and over with the same thing and expect a different result that's crazy. So you keep trying something different until you find out what works. Or if its not broke don't fix it. The only common denominator in all the changes of this team is the front office. Maybe they should take some responsibility for what is wrong more so than the players. And for those who say they are role models, wrong answer. That is not a basketball players job. Parents that is your job to be role models.
Long winded

Newport, KY

#74 Mar 6, 2007
Jackie wrote:
What ever happen to Pacer Fans. Typical Indiana fans they are with you as long as you are winning. Don't you think the team knows they have a problem. I am sick of all these locker room coaches. The only thing they know is to get rid of somebody. Don't you know the players are only human young men with the gift to play basketball, none of them are perfect and they are going to make mistakes on and off the court. What ever happen to giving some encouragement. I wonder what some of you would do if you were in their position. Yes, they make a lot of money, but so do the owners and front office. You seldom say anything negative about them. My only comment is if you keep doing the same thing over and over with the same thing and expect a different result that's crazy. So you keep trying something different until you find out what works. Or if its not broke don't fix it. The only common denominator in all the changes of this team is the front office. Maybe they should take some responsibility for what is wrong more so than the players. And for those who say they are role models, wrong answer. That is not a basketball players job. Parents that is your job to be role models.
Thats alot of comments for stating somewhere in there "my only comment".
Mike Bell

Southfield, MI

#75 Mar 7, 2007
They just plain suck. I've never seen such a meltdown by one organization over the last couple years. When will Carlisle be fired? When will Donnie and Larry realize how much they've screwed things up. It's just pathetic.
BART PETERSON

Indianapolis, IN

#76 Mar 7, 2007
WHO CARES. PACERS ARE OVER RATED

GO COLTS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
News Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
More from around the web