Top Madison Square Garden chants

Top Madison Square Garden chants

There are 33 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 19, 2008, titled Top Madison Square Garden chants. In it, Newsday reports that:

How great must have Sean Avery felt Tuesday night? How juiced must he have been to hear the Rangers faithful chanting "Re-sign Avery" after he scored his second goal? As Knicks coach Isiah Thomas can tell you, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#21 Mar 19, 2008
tjrover wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a clean check. People still get hurt on clean plays, it's an incurred risk. I think it's hilarious how butt hurt rags fans are over one (clean) hit. Keep the chants coming because Potvin probably can't hear them with 2 of his 4 rings plugged in his ears.
Those rings are tarnished by now. That is what happens when you have a pathetic team who hasn't won anything in 25 years. As I wrote earlier, 1983... Last Cup You'll Ever See!!
MSG

Jersey City, NJ

#22 Mar 19, 2008
How bout these chants:

1) 1940

2) Crack-head Theo

3) Oooo La La so SOON?

4) "Lets go Islanders" from the 8,000 isles fans in attendance after many wins in that cesspool ontop of a crappy bum infested train station.

5) Potvin Sucks!(Thanks for recognizing our best defensive player in our history after 25 years of retirement.
RRL

Asbury Park, NJ

#23 Mar 19, 2008
Jack wrote:
Potvin **** is the most pathetic chant in sports. 75% of the people who chant it don't even know who he is. Just goes to show you how stupid Rag fans are. How long ago did he retire? How clean was that check? How good was he? How many cups did he win? You Rag fans are green with envy
I agree with you, except for the green with envy part. Potvin retired 20 years ago. Move on.
RRL

Asbury Park, NJ

#24 Mar 19, 2008
Jack The Cabbie wrote:
Actually, I think it is a great chant. The check wasn't clean, since Ulf Nilsson was lost for the season. Clean checks don't injur people most of the time.
Players get hurt all the time from clean plays. Just because he was gone for the season, doesn't mean it was dirty. Didn't Nilsson even say it was clean?

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#25 Mar 19, 2008
Boston Sucks! Boston Sucks! Go Yankees!
4 the record

Belmar, NJ

#26 Mar 19, 2008
How are the championchips tarnished? Are the 3 straight a's championchips tarnished or the 11/13 celtics championchips? What about the 94 ranger$ that was 14 years ago is that tarnished?

There is no such thing is a tarnished championchip and certainly not a dynasty.
Michigan Sucks

Matthews, NC

#27 Mar 19, 2008
feeling_blue wrote:
Go Blue! is the only sports cheer anyone needs. University of Michigan sports RULES, DUDE!
Hey jack@$$ who's playing quarterback this year for your sorry program? You thought the loss to AA App State was bad? You may be fighting for your lives against Central Michigan this year...
Michigan Blows

Matthews, NC

#28 Mar 19, 2008
feeling_blue wrote:
Go Blue! is the only sports cheer anyone needs. University of Michigan sports RULES, DUDE!
Hey Jack@$$, how's the QB position looking this year in spring ball? I hear LLLLLLLoyd Carr is getting some reps...
feeling_blue

Durand, MI

#29 Mar 19, 2008
Michigan Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey jack@$$ who's playing quarterback this year for your sorry program? You thought the loss to AA App State was bad? You may be fighting for your lives against Central Michigan this year...
Cindy Crawford has a mole, Heidi Klum has a foreign accent, Elle Macpherson turned down a post as an unofficial ambassador for the Australian government. Nobody is perfect. One thing Cindy, Heidi and Elle all would look outstanding in UM blue.
Giuseppe

Hyde Park, NY

#30 Mar 19, 2008
your son's ugly

about jason kidds son in the 2004 playoffs vs the nets
al arbour

Newburgh, NY

#31 Mar 19, 2008
17 straight playoff series wins in a row. can you say dynasty. not a phoney haley's comet cup. 1940 forever
West Coast fan

La Quinta, CA

#32 Mar 19, 2008
Uh, I'm sorry. Those chants are lame compared to some of what I've heard at the Coliseum. The best was "Buy A Porsche", chanted at (I believe) Ron Hextall shortly follwing Pelle Lindbergh's death...
West Coast fan

La Quinta, CA

#33 Mar 19, 2008
And actaully, it's 19 straight playoff series victories...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
News Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
More from around the web