Top Madison Square Garden chants

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 19, 2008, titled Top Madison Square Garden chants. In it, Newsday reports that:

How great must have Sean Avery felt Tuesday night? How juiced must he have been to hear the Rangers faithful chanting "Re-sign Avery" after he scored his second goal? As Knicks coach Isiah Thomas can tell you, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LETS GO ISLANDERS

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2008
1994 1994 1994 YOU WONT SEE THE CUP FOR 50 MORE, AGAIN
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#2 Mar 19, 2008
LETS GO ISLANDERS wrote:
OH YEAH?
1983..LAST CUP YOU'LL EVER SEE!!
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#3 Mar 19, 2008
LETS GO ISLANDERS wrote:
No, that's what both Islander fans yell at the Coliseum. Pay attention...
The New Jersey Devils

New York, NY

#4 Mar 19, 2008
Both you guys suck.
Grady

Selden, NY

#5 Mar 19, 2008
How could you not have "We want the cup" in there from 1994?? That has to be one the greatest moments in MSG history and one of the greatest chants.
Brooks Simpson

Mesa, AZ

#6 Mar 19, 2008
Whatever happened to De-Fense! Esepcially when Eddie Layton jacked it up.

Newbies.
feeling_blue

Linden, MI

#7 Mar 19, 2008
Go Blue! is the only sports cheer anyone needs. University of Michigan sports RULES, DUDE!
Fred

New York, NY

#8 Mar 19, 2008
This is what you get when you hire a dopey broad to cover sports.
Gee

New York, NY

#9 Mar 19, 2008
Maybe because "We Want The Cup" has zero originality?
NYJ 44

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Mar 19, 2008
June 14th 1994 "WE WANT CUP"
PT Barnum

New York, NY

#11 Mar 19, 2008
How about "what's that smell?" when the circus comes to town
Eric

Locust Valley, NY

#12 Mar 19, 2008
Last I checked this was a Long Island paper-screw the Garden. What a terrible, pointless, stupid article. Do we have the top Coliseum chants tomorrow? Which are mostly more intelligent and more thought out than the Garden chants. Stick to Long Island. If I wanted the Garden I would read the Post.
Dolly Parton

Plano, TX

#13 Mar 19, 2008
I love my cups.
Scott

Barre, VT

#14 Mar 19, 2008
"Drive a Porsche Hextall, drive a Porsche"

(You didn't say it had to be nice;))
Championship

United States

#15 Mar 19, 2008
LETS GO ISLANDERS wrote:
# 1 chant in Nassau Colliseum - Lets Go Rangers.
Jack

New York, NY

#16 Mar 19, 2008
Potvin **** is the most pathetic chant in sports. 75% of the people who chant it don't even know who he is. Just goes to show you how stupid Rag fans are. How long ago did he retire? How clean was that check? How good was he? How many cups did he win? You Rag fans are green with envy
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#17 Mar 19, 2008
Jack wrote:
Potvin **** is the most pathetic chant in sports. 75% of the people who chant it don't even know who he is. Just goes to show you how stupid Rag fans are. How long ago did he retire? How clean was that check? How good was he? How many cups did he win? You Rag fans are green with envy
Actually, I think it is a great chant. The check wasn't clean, since Ulf Nilsson was lost for the season. Clean checks don't injur people most of the time.And you are 100% wrong, more people know all about that chant and why it is said than any other in NY. I live in Columbus and root for the Rangers! Who do you root for in Ohio,The Ohio Valley Ice Cats?
While we are at it here is another good chant...We want fishsticks!!
Barry Becks Afro

Medford, NY

#18 Mar 19, 2008
-Shoot the puck Barry!!!!!!

-Let's not forget the ever popular Ranger fan chant of........Booooooo!!!!!(aimed at the Ranger team itself)

-Crackhead Theo!!!! Another great one.

-Crackhead Stevens!!! Oooops, sorry that wasn't a chant.

-Crackhead Ozolinsh!!! Oooooops, sorry again....not a chant

-Oooh la la Sassoon!!!!!!!!! One of the best!!!!
tjrover

Seaside, CA

#19 Mar 19, 2008
Jack The Cabbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think it is a great chant. The check wasn't clean, since Ulf Nilsson was lost for the season. Clean checks don't injur people most of the time.And you are 100% wrong, more people know all about that chant and why it is said than any other in NY. I live in Columbus and root for the Rangers! Who do you root for in Ohio,The Ohio Valley Ice Cats?
While we are at it here is another good chant...We want fishsticks!!
It was a clean check. People still get hurt on clean plays, it's an incurred risk. I think it's hilarious how butt hurt rags fans are over one (clean) hit. Keep the chants coming because Potvin probably can't hear them with 2 of his 4 rings plugged in his ears.
4 the record

Neptune, NJ

#20 Mar 19, 2008
POTVIN's CUPS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
News Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
More from around the web