For Bird, it's all about winning

For Bird, it's all about winning

There are 8 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 31, 2007, titled For Bird, it's all about winning. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

For a while, Larry Bird's role as president of the Indiana Pacers seemed to be a breeze.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Bleeding Blue

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 31, 2007
I love what you are saying, Larry. Now, let us see the action as opposed to just hearing the words. We do not want to see Jamaal lazily jogging down the court while pouting. We want to see defense. We want to see a good work ethic and players giving 100% from whistle to whistle! We want our OLD Pacers back! The team we knew were going to play their hearts out!
Blueblood

Bloomington, IN

#2 Oct 31, 2007
How can you have confidence in a man that uses phrases like "Them guys"?

Please learn the English language Larry.
Skeptical

Atlanta, IN

#3 Oct 31, 2007
You really think we have a deep bench, Larry? I fear your player choices are becoming as bad as your grammatical choices.
tiny

Duncan, OK

#4 Oct 31, 2007
2 words: does anyone really care about this team or it's players at this point. Oops, that's more than 2 words. In other words, "Who cares?!"
Tip Off

Houston, TX

#5 Oct 31, 2007
Blueblood wrote:
Gee yeah. Just think how much better he would have been as a basketball player if he just didn't say things like "them guys". What a moron.

Giver 'em hell this year Larry!
No More Mr Nice Guy

Noblesville, IN

#6 Oct 31, 2007
Blueblood wrote:
The Hick from French Lick may not be an English Major, but he sure can play ball...and he will have the Pacers back.
Larry Legend

United States

#7 Nov 1, 2007
Bird is the greatest!
Andrea Hahn

United States

#8 Nov 7, 2007
Larry,
Your a pig. Do something meaningful with your life, and stop making excuses for your spoiled rotten players. There is more to life than this, and I expect better from you. Please do get off your you know what.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reggie Miller puts Geist home on market (Dec '07) Jun '17 There phartse 92
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
More from around the web