Thomas error ends, Walsh era begins f...

Thomas error ends, Walsh era begins for Knicks

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Thomas error ends, Walsh era begins for Knicks. In it, Newsday reports that:

The end has arrived. Coincidentally it comes at the same location -- Wednesday night in Indiana, in the final game of the regular season against the Pacers at Conseco Fieldhouse -- where it began for Isiah ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Finally

Lake Orion, MI

#1 Apr 16, 2008
For all his false bravado, and claims of being the tough fighter from Chicago, Isiah was nothing more than a QUITTER AND NY SHOWED HIM FOR THE PHONY POS THAT HE IS!

His incompetence as an executive is now as legendary as his ability as a player. But in the end, NY chewed him up and spit him out, and he couldn't handle it. He stopped coaching 10 games into the season; most nights, he never got his butt out of his seat; NBA scouts could not do their job because the Knicks never ran plays.

In the end Isiah, you were incompetent, egotistical and a fraud for all of NY to see. We all (well, except for Little Jimmy) saw through your delusional statements and, far from fighting to the death as you so liked to say, you leave NY a quitter with your tail between your legs, leaving someone else to clean up the mess you made. Congratulations.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Thanks for nothing Isiah & don't let the door hit you on the way out. You were a conniving lying piece of garbage. after the sexual harassment situation, I don't know why Jimmy Boy douchebag Dolan didn;t fire you. Guess misery loves company. Now the cancer will be expunged & we can move on with Donnie Boy Walsh. Hopefully this is the sign of better days for this once proud franchise who have fallen on hard times L.A. Clippers East.
john tarpey

West Hempstead, NY

#3 Apr 16, 2008
thank god the Isiah Thomas era will finally come to a close!!!

now with the help of god & david stern we will win the nba
lottery & draft derrick rose,and begin the rebuilding process.

let the stephon marbury & malik rose contracts expire
along with the rest of the underachieving knicks.
LIAM

Hialeah, FL

#4 Apr 16, 2008
Please let it really be true. I so wanna be able to root for the Knicks again next season and Isiah out is the only way this can happen.
terraceinc

Haddam, CT

#5 Apr 16, 2008
The more I've seen of the utter disgrace that has been the Isiah Thomas and Steve Mills reign here; the more I can't believe that Isiah lasted 3 seasons as coach in Indiana under Walsh................THAT is the only, yet most important question I would ask Donnie Walsh......Because if he said ANYTHING other than Isiah had GREAT assistant coaches that did all the technical coaching; AND that Thomas was really just a popular and black figure head and icon for the young players.................I would say we have a problem.
KJ from Queens

Decatur, GA

#6 Apr 16, 2008
If the Knicks can draft Derrick Rose, then we should have a competitive team next year with a capable coach. The starting lineup:

PG Rose
SG Crawford
SF Chandler
PF Lee
C ???(no Curry, please!)

Since: Mar 07

United States

#7 Apr 16, 2008
Todd Schuster wrote:
Thanks for nothing Isiah & don't let the door hit you on the way out. You were a conniving lying piece of garbage. after the sexual harassment situation, I don't know why Jimmy Boy douchebag Dolan didn;t fire you. Guess misery loves company. Now the cancer will be expunged & we can move on with Donnie Boy Walsh. Hopefully this is the sign of better days for this once proud franchise who have fallen on hard times L.A. Clippers East.
Walsh should call the NYC Dept of Sanitation to pick up Thomas and empty his office at the same time. They will probably have to wear masks to hide the stench.
Jack The Cabbie

New York, NY

#8 Apr 16, 2008
Message To Isiah:
SYONARA!!
Jim from Middle Georgia

Orange, CA

#9 Apr 16, 2008
Face it Knick fans, its 3 years of biting the bullet and not making any free agent signings to clear the room on the cap.
THere is no quick fix. Get a coach that will buy into long term, play the kids to find out who is long term and please try not to draft a stiff.
Slugger

New York, NY

#10 Apr 16, 2008
What did Dave Chjecketts do as Gardern President?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
News Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
More from around the web