Celtics' Garnett wooing Reggie

Celtics' Garnett wooing Reggie

There are 21 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 15, 2007, titled Celtics' Garnett wooing Reggie. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A neighbor stopped by Reggie Miller's Malibu, Calif., home while he was conducting a national radio interview today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ignorant Bandwagon fan

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 15, 2007
Reggie always said how he looked down on Gary Payton and Karl Malone chasing a ring with the Lakers. They didn't win and neither will the Celts, and it will only tarnish Reggie's legacy here. The Pacers just can't catch a break these last 3 years, and Bird is mostly to blame.
BAILO

Columbus, IN

#2 Aug 15, 2007
I agree with you for the most part ignorant bandwagon fan. Don't know if I can get used to the idea of Reggie in a jersey other than blue and gold. I have to say though, can you really blame him for wanting a ring? He played so many seasons with the Pacers and came soooo close a few times. I do agree the Pacers should consider getting rid of Bird. Time to rebuild...at least we have the Colts!
Pacers

Mundelein, IL

#3 Aug 15, 2007
The Celtics are still no match for the strong West Conference teams.

I would love to see Reggie play again, he'll always be my favorite player of all time, but he won't win in Boston. He may as well come back home again to Indiana!
eminem

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Aug 15, 2007
if he wants a ring, why doesn't he go play for a western conf. team (phoenix, dallas, san antonio, etc.). his logic makes no sense.

“here's the BEEF”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis , In.

#5 Aug 15, 2007
Pacers wrote:
The Celtics are still no match for the strong West Conference teams.
I would love to see Reggie play again, he'll always be my favorite player of all time, but he won't win in Boston. He may as well come back home again to Indiana!
While I agree with the assessment that the West has the strongest teams , and that adding Reggie to Garnett & Allen in B-town is not even a guarantee to the East title (see Det., Cle., maybe Mia.)BUT DISAGREE about the same as coming back to Indiana...even he wouldn't put this team back to conf. finals
stephen blesofsky

Clearwater, FL

#6 Aug 15, 2007
The Celtics do not need another shot taker, particularly if Reggie is not in shape to contribute in other ways. They need help elsewhere: DEFENSE, rebounding and point guade ball distribution-play making. With Paul Piece, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, they have enough shot taking option. And there is also Mr. House.
On another matter. I am intrigued by the two rookies, "Big Baby" and the man with long arms who had been miscast as a center in college and looks like he could become a solid three
Steve Blesofsky
Florida, Formerly of MA
BillyBaroo

United States

#7 Aug 15, 2007
I have change my mind on this.
DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO REGGIE.
I have all the memories I need with him as a Pacer.
I will never root for the Celtics though!
JOE

Granger, IN

#8 Aug 15, 2007
REGGIE GO GET YOUR RING.
reg fan

United States

#9 Aug 15, 2007
If he comes back just to win a championship that is for the wrong reason. I have been a reggie fan forever and I never thought he was that kind of guy to turn his back on the team that he led through all the ups and downs. In my eyes he's no more loyal than all these other players that feel they have to come back just to get the ring. He doesn't need a championship to make him great!!!!!!!
F Candy

Tulsa, OK

#10 Aug 15, 2007
I think it is quite a compliment for someone to want someone so much that they come looking for them. That I can understand. That I can respect. As far as "do whatever you want to do Reggie". Does that sound like a true fan?
F Candy

Tulsa, OK

#11 Aug 15, 2007
Perhaps it's not completely all about the ring. He just might be bored and a ring is just a bonus. For so many years of his life he has known only basketball and it took up almost all of his time. Now there is just to much time to think etc. He can't get a ring with the Pacers and he knows that so what would be the point?
IMAHOOSIERWHATAR EYOU

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2007
BAILO wrote:
I agree with you for the most part ignorant bandwagon fan. Don't know if I can get used to the idea of Reggie in a jersey other than blue and gold. I have to say though, can you really blame him for wanting a ring? He played so many seasons with the Pacers and came soooo close a few times. I do agree the Pacers should consider getting rid of Bird. Time to rebuild...at least we have the Colts!
I agree, but I with a variation: can you really blame him for wanting to play with those dudes?? Everyone hated Malone, Kobe, Payton to a lesser extent, and Shaq in the early years, until he won the political battle with Kobe (basically by being a nicer, funnier person). Pierce, Allen and Garnett are badasses, and they're also great teammates. And you have Garnett coming to your house to tell you you can take any jersey in the house? If I were a Celtics fan, I'd be laughing my ass off about how sweet this season is going to be (especially after the draft day debacle). In fact, there should be a reality show of the entire Celtics season; everyone cracking on eachother and cracking on the other teams.
Meanwhile, in some Omaha summer camp rec league, Tinsley's ripping a behind the back pass off the wrong backboard three seconds after play has stopped...
dogman

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Aug 15, 2007
I hope he comes back with Boston. I'd respect him more for trying to be a contributing part of a team with potential, instead of riding the current success of the Spurs, the Suns or Mavs.
F Candy

Tulsa, OK

#14 Aug 15, 2007
OMG that is so funny, "Tinsley's ripping a behind the back pass off the wrong backboard three seconds after play has stopped"... OFLMAO

“here's the BEEF”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis , In.

#15 Aug 16, 2007
IMAHOOSIERWHATAREYOU wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but I with a variation: can you really blame him for wanting to play with those dudes?? Everyone hated Malone, Kobe, Payton to a lesser extent, and Shaq in the early years, until he won the political battle with Kobe (basically by being a nicer, funnier person). Pierce, Allen and Garnett are badasses, and they're also great teammates. And you have Garnett coming to your house to tell you you can take any jersey in the house? If I were a Celtics fan, I'd be laughing my ass off about how sweet this season is going to be (especially after the draft day debacle). In fact, there should be a reality show of the entire Celtics season; everyone cracking on eachother and cracking on the other teams.
Meanwhile, in some Omaha summer camp rec league, Tinsley's ripping a behind the back pass off the wrong backboard three seconds after play has stopped...
YES>>..The Tinsley comment is PRICELESS..LMAO
billy

Monson, MA

#16 Aug 16, 2007
old man should stay home. his time has passed. its paul ray and kevin's time now. theyre all superstars and IN THEIR PRIME. THEY PUT UP 22, 25, AND 26 PPG RESPECTIVELY LAST SEASON (EACH WITH PER'S OVER 21)...... WANNA KNOW THE LAST TIME REGGIE PUT UP THOSE TYPES OF NUMBERS? I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT, KG AND PAUL WERE IN MIDDLESCHOOL AND RAY WAS A FRESHMAN IN HIGHSCHOOL.......... YOU GOT IT! 1990!!!

seriously though, ray paul and kevin are all elite at their positions, been top 10 for mvp (kg won it), each have took teams to 50+ wins and division titles, all 3 have took teams to the conference finals, theyre all unselfish superstar A+ all-nba franchise players that are fiercely loyal team players, play the right way, love the game, and leave it all out on the floor. they are all elite at their positions, great leaders, and veterans in their prime that have came close but never won a ring..... and are all hungrier than ever for a ring and can play out the rest of their careers together. they will be special for the next 4 or 5 years......... stay home reggie, we are begging you!!! its kevin, ray, and paul's time now. your time is long gone. CELTIC PRIDE! GREEN 17!!! 3 SUPERSTARS GO CELTICS!
robbie

Monson, MA

#17 Aug 16, 2007
the celtics are definitely gonna win a ring this year or come VERY CLOSE..... if they dont win it all this year than they will DEFINITELY get it next year when their roster is filled out and chemistry is perfect.

and yeah reggie is pathetic trying to piggyback. old man should stay home, i hate when old guys come back to piggyback like that. its terrible. his time is up, it is ray paul and kevins tiime now!
robbie

Monson, MA

#18 Aug 16, 2007
the celtics could DEFINITELY beat the west in the finals. look at who's on their roster!!!!
robbie

Monson, MA

#19 Aug 16, 2007
either way if reggie does come back i aint mad. this season is gonna be awesome, and these next 4 or 5 years are gonna be SPECIAL with these 3 amazing players (they really dont have much of ego either, all team players that dominate in the flow of the game... i think the chemistry will be there... and their styles look like they will fit very well on the court too. its AMAZING!)......

seriously...... ray freakin' allen, paul freakin' pierce and kevin freakin' garnett!!!!! wow! go celtics!(who woulda thought the 5th envelope and kg turning us down all needed to happen for everything to turn out so perfectly great??? it enabled us to get ray allen AND kevin garnett with pierce!!!! next 4 or 5 years are gonna be AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! do what you want reggie, i wont sweat it either way! go celtics!)

green 17.
BostonAmit

Lunenburg, MA

#20 Aug 18, 2007
Robbie you need to relax. The celtics haven't won jack yet and even Kevin Garnett said at his introductory press conference he does not know if they are the team to beat in the east but, they will be a force to be reckoned with. I like the celtics chances and the next 3-4 years are going to be entertaining compared to the last dozen years. However, to annoint them champions in the next two years is ridiculous. There are too many variables such as injuries, complimentary players, can rondo play the point. I am excited though I have four seats of season tickets but, lets have a reality check. The power is still in the Western Conference. The celtics can contend though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reggie Miller puts Geist home on market (Dec '07) Jun '17 There phartse 92
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
More from around the web