NBA has a new king

NBA has a new king

There are 93 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jun 4, 2007, titled NBA has a new king. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

But this morning, nearly every NBA fan is talking about one player -- LeBron James.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
marc from phx

Phoenix, AZ

#86 Jun 5, 2007
the phoenix suns got robbed; the spurs are dirty; and David Stern is Don King. Although im not a Cavaliers fan, I want them to win, and i got respect for this organization.
JBB

Palo Alto, CA

#87 Jun 5, 2007
QUEEN JAMES wrote:
<quoted text>
I THINK YOU THAT UR IN DENIAL. LOL!!! CAVS WILL GIVE EM A GOOD GAME, BUT THE SPURS ARE TO EXPLOSIVE.
I'm not in denial...I'm optimistic. Piston fans are in denial...DOH!
KUJO

Federal Way, WA

#88 Jun 5, 2007
marc from phx wrote:
the phoenix suns got robbed; the spurs are dirty; and David Stern is Don King. Although im not a Cavaliers fan, I want them to win, and i got respect for this organization.
the spurs arent dirty, and steve nash made the biggest overdramatization after horry checked him. and as you have noticed throughout the rest of the playoffs, nobody else has stormed off the bench, so obviously its just those two bozos couldnt control themselves
Melissa Henderson

Lima, OH

#89 Jun 5, 2007
This is a great story. It's about time someone that has so much talent and money, actually is a nice guy who knows how to treat not only his team mates but his fans as well. Finally someone is recognized by not only his talent, bad attitude or trouble he causes but by being a genuinely good person who is very talented and thankful of what he has. LeBron James, finally someone to bring something good back into pro sports.
Melissa Henderson

Lima, OH

#90 Jun 5, 2007
It's about time someone that has so much talent and money, actually is a nice guy who knows how to treat not only his team mates but his fans as well. Finally someone who is recognized by by not only his talent but by being a genuinely good person who is thankful of what he has. LaBron James, Finally someone who's worth going to see in pro sports and is not just worried about his money and his self-image. He goes out and gives his all and is someone who I wouldn't mind my kids looking up too.
omar

Sumter, SC

#91 Jun 5, 2007
QUEEN JAMES wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU CAN SAY THAT TWO TIMES. BUT ALSO, THERE ARE SOME PLAYERS WHO WISE THINGS WITH THEIR MONEY. TITHING HELPS OUT TO.
there so0 many rich people in ohio and nba players that have millions..and the whole cleveland team has enough for a 2.1 million hhome so why are you getting on lebron>?
rawson

Hialeah, FL

#92 Jun 5, 2007
Anyone notice how Lebron is getting all the attention while there is no love going for Duncan over on espn and spotes centa? That just fuels the fire even more for the Spurs. That cant be good better watch out.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#93 Jun 5, 2007
rawson wrote:
Anyone notice how Lebron is getting all the attention while there is no love going for Duncan over on espn and spotes centa? That just fuels the fire even more for the Spurs. That cant be good better watch out.
But at the same time, all the national "experts" are saying the Spurs are gonna wipe out the Cavs this series. That should fuel the Cavs' fire.
omar

Sumter, SC

#94 Jun 5, 2007
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
But at the same time, all the national "experts" are saying the Spurs are gonna wipe out the Cavs this series. That should fuel the Cavs' fire.
dont you remember when they said the same thing about the pistons beating the cavs...lokk what happend...this is why i dont pay attition to them anymore..there experts not future tellers
TRACY

Manteca, CA

#95 Jun 5, 2007
KUJO wrote:
<quoted text>
the spurs arent dirty, and steve nash made the biggest overdramatization after horry checked him. and as you have noticed throughout the rest of the playoffs, nobody else has stormed off the bench, so obviously its just those two bozos couldnt control themselves
KUJO I CANNOT BELIEVE I AGREE WITH YOU, NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN. GOOOO LAKERS. KOBE NUMBER ONE. NBA FOREVER
Rose

Atlanta, GA

#96 Jun 5, 2007
Go Cavs! Believe! And They Rise.
Goodd Luck Cavaliers and Cleveland!
QUEEN JAMES

Detroit, MI

#97 Jun 5, 2007
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
there so0 many rich people in ohio and nba players that have millions..and the whole cleveland team has enough for a 2.1 million hhome so why are you getting on lebron>?
I'D NEVER GET ON LEBRON. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM AND THE MAN DOESN'T EVEN KNOW I EXIST. I'D BE JUDGING HIM AND THATS NOT RITE. FROM WHAT I SEE IS THAT HE'S A GOOD GUY. HE GIVES CREDIT TO HIS TEAMMATES AND DOESN'T STEAL THE SHOW. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE DOES WITH HIS MONEY. BUYING A MANSION IS WHAT MOST BASKETBALL PLAYERS DO. THEY HAVE A RITE TO LIVE GOOD. I'M JUST SAYING IS SOME PPL DON'T USE THEIR MONEY WISELY. WE'RE TO BE GOOD STEWARDS OF IT YA KNOW. I'M ALSO UPSET THAT HE WOULD BE CALLED BABY JESUS. AND I'M FOR SURE SUM ARE CLAIMING HE'S A GOD. YEA HE PLAYS OUT OF THIS WORLD AND ALL, AND HE'S ON TOP OF IT BUT THERE'S JUST SO MUCH ADDED TO IT. I'M VERY HAPPY THAT HE'S ALSO HAVING ANOTHER CHILD. I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO TALK SMACK ABOUT HIM AND THAT AIN'T COOL. I JUST WANT HIM TO STAY HUMBLE AND GIVE GOD THANKS, THIS DEFINITELY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT HIM. WHO YA THINK GIVES LEBRON THE STRENGTH EVERY MORNING TO WAKE UP AND PLAY BALL.
frost

Vinh, Vietnam

#98 Jun 6, 2007
Wow.. the events in this NBA playoffs is exactly how i envisioned it in my 'dynasty' in NBA live 06 & 07 ^_~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reggie Miller puts Geist home on market (Dec '07) Jun '17 There phartse 92
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
More from around the web