NBA has a new king

NBA has a new king

There are 93 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jun 4, 2007, titled NBA has a new king. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

But this morning, nearly every NBA fan is talking about one player -- LeBron James.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Temple-Man

Warren, NJ

#1 Jun 4, 2007
Seeing this organization exceed its goals ahead of schedule says a lot about LeBron James maturity, Danny Ferry's ability to evaluate talent and avoid reactionary trades, and Mike Brown's tenacious genius in building defensive schemes that win titles instead of suicide offenses that just make highlight reels.

And everybody is still very young! This is only the beginning of some great basketball for years to come. Thank you, Cavaliers!
Steve D

Hobbs, NM

#2 Jun 4, 2007
Well, Josh old boy, looks like you were right about the CAVS. I was right on the SPURS. So, most guys wouldn't have the BALLS to admit they were wrong, most guys who post here especially wouldn't step up to the plate. Those people took things WAY too seriously around here and that is probably because they have no life. To those who acted out of line like that, all I have to say to you is, "STICK IT!!!!!!!!!!"
CMW

Akron, OH

#3 Jun 4, 2007
Enough with the butt kissing!
Scott from Atlanta

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jun 4, 2007
Hey, how about just enjoying this? Don't forget, this city has not won SQUAT since 1964.
Clem B

Canton, OH

#5 Jun 4, 2007
Remember,
It all started on East Ave. ball courts in the ghetto of southwest Akron. LeBron played in neighborhood driveway courts like on Biruta St. and Sherbondy Hill and other courts. He won't forget and neither will we forget, thats what makes him a class act. The world wants to claim James, we knew him when..........From the streets of southwest Akron.....I am
Clem B.
G Brown

Woodridge, IL

#6 Jun 4, 2007
you could not have seen a better show in Las Vagas the Cavs are by far the best in the east ride the wave thank you for this rememerable time thank you
Akron Resident

Barberton, OH

#7 Jun 4, 2007
YES CLEM B. You are right, LeBron is our hometown hero and we should support him, be proud and enjoy the victory! As fans we have earned this, finally!
Jason

Elmhurst, IL

#8 Jun 4, 2007
Its another front page story about Lebron James...I want to know where are all the "haters" from the city of Akron who were saying all the disperaging things about him, his family, and his new home? Lebron is the face of the NBA at 22 years old and he is from Akron. He deserves the attention that we have given him, and that huge new home he is building. He represents the city on a national level and we should all be proud of his accomplishments and GO CAVS.
Charlie

Gales Ferry, CT

#9 Jun 4, 2007
Being born and raised in Akron, it is good to see a hometown kid do some good. People are right he is the face of the NBA and at only age 22. I believe in this team and I think that we can take the Spurs to the brink in the finals. To me win or lose the series it will be a fun ride. We are the beast in the east for years to come, we are young and talented. CLEVELAND is now the face of the NBA, watch out world here we come.
SWEET LIL DICKY

Riverside, NJ

#10 Jun 4, 2007
Where is Lebron's new home gonna be built that way I can ask him to build a bball court so he could show me sum moves. I plan to shadow his footsteps. They're gonna call me Faaaast Eddy.
Kate

Akron, OH

#11 Jun 4, 2007
LeBron James = JLB = Little Baby Jesus.

LeBron has brought faith, hope, enthusiasm, excitement and energy to our often-despondent city. Even if it's just a game; even if he's a bit arrogant' even if Cleveland still has plenty of other things to worry about... it's such a thrill to see a Cleveland team go somewhere, do something, make good. It's nice to see Cleveland in the spotlight, where it belongs, for something GOOD.

All hail King James & his court!
brandon

Mansfield, OH

#12 Jun 4, 2007
great job cavs now lets beat the spurs.
TomD

Westlake, OH

#13 Jun 4, 2007
Simply wonderful, and still a tad unbelievable.
Gotta be happy for Joe Tait, too. You could hear the kid in him again on the radio Saturday night. Great stuff.
QUEEN JAMES

Riverside, NJ

#14 Jun 4, 2007
Kate wrote:
LeBron James = JLB = Little Baby Jesus.
LeBron has brought faith, hope, enthusiasm, excitement and energy to our often-despondent city. Even if it's just a game; even if he's a bit arrogant' even if Cleveland still has plenty of other things to worry about... it's such a thrill to see a Cleveland team go somewhere, do something, make good. It's nice to see Cleveland in the spotlight, where it belongs, for something GOOD.
All hail King James & his court!
IT'S COOL THAT LEBRON IS BRINGING SUMTHING POSITIVE TO CLEVELAND. HE'S A GREAT PLAYER, ONE OF THE GREATESTS ALREADY. BUT CALLING HIM BABY JESUS...GOTTTA BE KIDDING ME. WHATS HIS FIRST MIRACLE GONNA BE WHEN HE GROWS UP...WIN THE NBA FINALS??? LEBRON IS SO TALENTED. I'D BE THANKING GOD FOR WAKING ME UP EVERY MORNING TO BE PLAYING A SPORT I LOVE.
J from Cali

United States

#15 Jun 4, 2007
Not a Cavaliers fan but I love Lebron James! What a fun player to watch! Amazing ability...so to all the haters who said he was overrated, in your face!!! I hate the SPURS so go CAVS!!!
Leslie- Buffalo NY

United States

#16 Jun 4, 2007
I love LeBron. He's truly a class act. I'm sure somewhere down the line they will try to find some dirt on him, but who cares 'cause He's human and entitled to mistakes. But this man represents himself very well on and off the court. HAIL TO THE KING!
Rick Shoemaker

Deerfield, IL

#17 Jun 4, 2007
Isn't this FUN!!!!! These Cavs have the potential to win the NBA Championship and the core players are still young enough to do this for a long time to come!(Provided greed doesn't break up the team!) The Indians are in 1st in the AL Central and look like they could win it all. The Browns have an A+ draft and make solid free agent acquisitions. They will be MUCH IMPROVED this. Cleveland sports is really looking up!
Go Cavs

United States

#18 Jun 4, 2007
Hi Kate,

You better check yourself into drug rehab. It seems something is clouding your ability to analyze. It's basketball, nothing more.

Go get'em Cavs
WhereAreTheLebro nHaters

Hilliard, OH

#19 Jun 4, 2007
I have yet to hear someone in the media say the best team won. Whats up with that?!? I guess we would have to outplay the 6 more consecutive games. As soon as Brown gets a grasp of the offense, we have a dynasty.
QUEEN JAMES

Riverside, NJ

#20 Jun 4, 2007
WOW CAVS HAVE A CHANCE AT LEAST...SERIES ARE TIED 0-0.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
News Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
More from around the web