The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better Than Kobe If He Stayed Healthy?

Oct 7, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

As we all know, Kobe and Tracy are two of the most prolific offensive forces in NBA history.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
EGAS

Luanda, Angola

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

NO doubt

“DJ Kratos in da house!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Judged:

It is safe to file this "debate" under : "Coulda, woulda, shoulda"...

Unfortunately, even if Tmac weren't injury prone, he would still lack the means to become a leader & champion, talented or not.

There is no stat for Heart & Will, 2 intangibles Mcgrady never came close to posessing.
Nevermind

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Judged:

Kobe has been with the best coach ever and has been paired up with a great big man... Without Shaq, he can't win in the playoffs, without Pau, he can't win championships... Yao is just nothing if compared with the two.
But every year, there's always 1 champion but in the past 2 decades, only 1 team have won 22 consecutive wins and its the Rockets led by T-mac.
mikey

Pinckney, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

t-mac is overrated. kobie fo sho.

“DJ Kratos in da house!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

Nevermind wrote:
Kobe has been with the best coach ever and has been paired up with a great big man... Without Shaq, he can't win in the playoffs, without Pau, he can't win championships... Yao is just nothing if compared with the two.
But every year, there's always 1 champion but in the past 2 decades, only 1 team have won 22 consecutive wins and its the Rockets led by T-mac.
That's interesting....

How many times has the great Tmac been out of the 1st round?

Just curious.
ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Judged:

Kobe is way better than She-Mac, hands down. some even say Kobe is better than MJ.
Edwin

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

i agree w/you man!!!
Edwin

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

hahaha....kobe is better than MJ!!!r u kidding! without his teamates like shaq & gasol,kobe is worthless.he can't make on the playoffs too.tmac is better than kobe the way he play,good ballhandling and passing...unlike kobe selfish player!!!
Anonymous

Lake Village, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Kobe overrated.Kobe chokes lots of times but he teams bails him out.Thats my problem with Laker fans.Lebron had to carry a team load and thats why he had so many blemishes but Lebron is much better than Kobe.Lebron and Wade are the best players.
Anonymous

Lake Village, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Yes,indeed T-Mac would be better.He was a taller Kobe.Kobe was nothing more but the same selfish player T-Mac was a times.Ball hogs baby.T-Mac was indeed better.LA key to success has always been their bigs.Kobe shoots only 45% for a career that us indentical to a prime T-Mac.Lebron and Wade are way better than Kobe.As,for Kobe being a better leader crap.Thats BS.Leadership is making your teammates play better.My friend is coming out with a book that shows Kobe has been nothing more than a detriment these championship runs even with Shaq who I feel didnt need Kobe to win those championships when Kobe sucked ever year in the post season jacking up more shots than the dominate Shaq.Kobe is like the player who haas the ability than actually playing effienct and consistent with hisability.Theirs alot of players who has the ability to do something but Kobe doesnt perform consistent and shoot effient enough to be the best or be better than Lebron,Wade,Paul,Howard and etc.
Anonymous

Lake Village, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Kratos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting....
How many times has the great Tmac been out of the 1st round?
Just curious.
How many times Kobe won a ring without Gasol or Shq.I'm curious???
Mike Vick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Whoooahahaha!The legend 10 again?? dude! Your all over the place holy cow!! Your like a disease get a life dude seriously!! Turn the computer off, open a window and breathe some air man! This is funny Its like literally everywhere I look, your there!!you're fffd in the head amigo!!! Gets some trim friend sheesh!
Dirk41

Buting, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

T-mac is indeed better than kobe. there is no doubt about it. kobe is simply a mess without the help of his teammates.
Dirk41

Buting, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

I hope donnie nelson is considering T-mac to be a maverick. The mavericks need a G/PG/SF like T-mac to stay on top.
Ramen Noodles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Look here Jackie Chan, the fact that you chose T-Wack over Kobe tells me you need to stick to Kung Fu, majong, gambling and pokemon. Stupid g00ks jump from one wagon to the next whoever wins.'oooohh Kobe is best, me sucky sucky' mavs win and here you are with Dirk41 as your handle. Now stop talking about American sports mr miagi, you don't know what you're talking about. Do you understand the words that are coming out my mouf?

“Everyone needs a hero.I'm mine”

Since: Dec 07

Gibson City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

The-Legend-10 wrote:
<quoted text>How many times Kobe won a ring without Gasol or Shq.I'm curious???
3 more than Lebrom did with Shaq.
The-Legend-10 wrote:
Kobe overrated.Kobe chokes lots of times but he teams bails him out.Thats my problem with Laker fans.Lebron had to carry a team load and thats why he had so many blemishes but Lebron is much better than Kobe.Lebron and Wade are the best players.
Yeah, but did Kobe choke like Lebrom has in the Finals, TWICE? NOPE. How many 50+ point games Lebrom have? 80+ point game? Lame arguement from a lame person, huh Just10?
T-Mac4ever

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

I would say it was T-mac ... Kobe was never been a great player in his career.. He was not an all around player when he first came into the NBA ... i was never satisfied of how he play... So selfish ( ^^ ) so F*cking Idiot... ahahaha
T-Mac4ever

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Kobe did not win his rings because he's great... but because of his Teammates that was way better than him.. T-mac = All Basketball Kobe= All Huggyball 1!!!
Kobe is 1

Wantirna, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

T-Mac4ever wrote:
Kobe did not win his rings because he's great... but because of his Teammates that was way better than him.. T-mac = All Basketball Kobe= All Huggyball 1!!!
LOL...yeah ok...that is one of the stupidest things i have ever read..

Kobe was better, still is better and will always be better...that doesnt mean i dont have respect for T-mac though, cos he was an awesome player, infact these 2 were almost dead even, but the difference is that Kobe is a two way player, t-mac was not a good defensive player, kobe is a 10 time all nba defensive player, and the youngest player ever to earn first team all defensive honours.

I honestly hope the lakers get him to join the team!
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

Kobe is 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...yeah ok...that is one of the stupidest things i have ever read..
Kobe was better, still is better and will always be better...that doesnt mean i dont have respect for T-mac though, cos he was an awesome player, infact these 2 were almost dead even, but the difference is that Kobe is a two way player, t-mac was not a good defensive player, kobe is a 10 time all nba defensive player, and the youngest player ever to earn first team all defensive honours.
I honestly hope the lakers get him to join the team!
You sure you really want lazy eye T mac. What could he bring? baggage from Detoilet? How ya been man?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reggie Miller Discussions

Search the Reggie Miller Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
Philadelphia 76ers' Ed Stefanski: We Want Iverson (Aug '09) Aug '09 David Bowers 1
Michael Jordan's 55 points at Garden more impre... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jeebs 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••