Pacers' hopes gone; is O'Neal?

Pacers' hopes gone; is O'Neal?

There are 28 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 16, 2007, titled Pacers' hopes gone; is O'Neal?. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Now that the Indiana Pacers' hopes of making the playoffs have expired, the same might be true for Jermaine O'Neal 's season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Loser

Bronx, NY

#21 Apr 17, 2007
I think I see a trade coming involving the Nets, in which they will send V. Carter and J.Collins for O'neal which also depends on his injuries.

Since: Jan 07

Noblesville

#22 Apr 17, 2007
The team fell apart with the departure of Reggie. he not only was a class act, but he was a true team leader on and off the court. The team lacks direction and leadership. The players today have too much maney and not enough direction in their personal lives. This not oly applies to the Pacers, but good number of the "professional" athletes today.
echoes

AOL

#23 Apr 17, 2007
Troubled Pacer Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pacers would be lucky to win a game without him. If you're such a fan why are you bashing them the way you are?
Take the Rose colored glasses off so you can see all those empty seats. Real Pacer fans have had enough of this crap.
Pacer fans expect a team that plays with heart. Finds ways to win. Not a bunch of finger pointing drama queens. Lucky to "a" game? So 10 games under .500 and missing the play offs out of the sorry East is okay? Way to go JO! It is your team. yeah rah!
See Ya

Lebanon, IN

#24 Apr 17, 2007
The Pacers have'nt really been in championship contention for quite some time.Even befor the brawl there was no guarantee they would've even made the finals.The Pacers real problem is their inability to take chances in the free agent market.Look at Detriot,they've gone out on a limb and took some chances on players that would've been vilified by the local media and fans.Thats where the problem begins,we want winners without character issues,is that really possible in todays N.B.A?I'm not implying that you have to be a thug to be a winner in this league but you do have to have some attitude and some swagger.Even when the Pacers were loaded with talent they still lacked the edge it took to win it all.This team has become what unfortunatly most of the N.B.A resembles,boring politicly correct also rans.
GSW Fan

Fremont, CA

#25 Apr 17, 2007
Loser wrote:
I think I see a trade coming involving the Nets, in which they will send V. Carter and J.Collins for O'neal which also depends on his injuries.
I think I prefer Vince Carter over JO any day. This will be a bad trade for the Nets (as a former NJ resident only 5 miles from the Nets)
ray_mundrugs

Cagayan De Oro City, Philippines

#26 Apr 17, 2007
bring J-o'neal to cleavland!!!
with lebron with !!!!
ray_mundrugs

Cagayan De Oro City, Philippines

#27 Apr 17, 2007
bring him to cleavland to play with lebron !!!!!!!!
Troubled Pacer Fan

Louisville, KY

#28 Apr 18, 2007
echoes wrote:
<quoted text>Take the Rose colored glasses off so you can see all those empty seats. Real Pacer fans have had enough of this crap.
Pacer fans expect a team that plays with heart. Finds ways to win. Not a bunch of finger pointing drama queens. Lucky to "a" game? So 10 games under .500 and missing the play offs out of the sorry East is okay? Way to go JO! It is your team. yeah rah!
As a true Pacer fan I've always stuck behind my team. Every team has their bad seasons. Take a look at Toronto. They weren't anything then all of a sudden this year they are. Although I'm not a season ticket holder, I attend atleast 20-30 games a season. People didn't give up on the Colts from last years season that we were "suppose" to win a Super Bowl, and now they have, don't give up on the Pacers either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
News Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
More from around the web