A Reggie Miller comeback ,,, with the...

A Reggie Miller comeback ,,, with the Celtics?

There are 312 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 8, 2007, titled A Reggie Miller comeback ,,, with the Celtics?. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Is Reggie Miller contemplating a comeback? ESPN.com reported today that the Boston Celtics contacted Miller about joining their team in a reserve role.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
LWw

United States

#1 Aug 8, 2007
Reggie must need more money to pay his property taxes.
dbb

United States

#2 Aug 8, 2007
Reggie I admire you as both an athlete and a person. I hope you don't, but will cheer for you just the same if you do.
Mike D

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 8, 2007
I wonder how much he still has in those legs and running through 72 screens...
itsalldownhill

Lima, OH

#4 Aug 8, 2007
not going to happen.
Colby

West Lafayette, IN

#5 Aug 8, 2007
I can not blame him. Look at our organization.
Brick Tamland

Bloomingdale, IL

#6 Aug 8, 2007
"I'm surprised he didn't call us first," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said today.

WHY? Why would he call to rejoin this classless, terrible group of players and management?

The ONLY reason he would come back is to try to win a title. He is debating whether the chance with the new Boston team is worth it. There is NO CHANCE with the Pacers this year...to make .500 let alone win a championship.

I'll root for ya Reggie
victory park

Hartford, CT

#7 Aug 8, 2007
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
FIRE BIRD
Reggie fan

Loveland, OH

#8 Aug 8, 2007
If does this, I'll be a Celtics fan for a season.
Mee

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Aug 8, 2007
R.E.G.G.I.E, Reggie, Reggie!!!
Jeremy

Columbus, IN

#10 Aug 8, 2007
Maybe Reggie and Scottie Pippen can join up together on a team. Throw in Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan and we could almost have a full team of old guys who still want to play, but can't anymore.
Fox

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Aug 8, 2007
Go for it Reggie! You deserve a ring!! Sorry the Pacers stuck a class guy like you with Jackson, Artest, and Tinsley for your final season. That 2005 season was the pacers best chance at ring.

Go for it Reggie!!!
GetSmart

Crown Point, IN

#12 Aug 8, 2007
Reg, Say it ain't so! I know you may want to get that elusive championship, but please reconsider if you truly are considering this. Do not be like a Michael Jordan who when he retired was on top of the world... then he came back and he never was looked at the same. Keep the image alive of you shooting the three and hearing Slick say "Boom Baby!" in all of us Pacer fans (who's left anyway!) Its truly all we got!
Nate

Newark, OH

#13 Aug 8, 2007
Who needs Reg, we have J.O.
BIg Deal

Pocono Pines, PA

#14 Aug 8, 2007
Maybe the Celtics should get MJ out of retirement also. Heck maybe Larry bird, and Magic Johnson could round up the line-up as well.
I can see the starting five now. Larry (I am a terrible coach) Bird, Magic (I loves me some women) Johnson, Michael (I think I broke my hip) Jordan, Reggie (It's Musilex, not Miller Time anymore) Miller, and Paul (I still am on a terrible team) Pierce.
Bring out the wheelchairs and lets play ball!!
Pacers

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Aug 8, 2007
This does not surprise me. I would not want to come back to the Pacers in their current state.
Double T

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Aug 8, 2007
I wish Reggie was coming back to the Pacers.
Brett

Berwyn, IL

#17 Aug 8, 2007
What the crap??? The world is spinning ... I'm in the twilight zone.*faint
Matt

Milwaukee, WI

#18 Aug 8, 2007
Hmm...if this actually happened, I might buy Pacers tix this year. Of course, only when Reggie's in town.
New palasteen farmboy

Schiller Park, IL

#19 Aug 8, 2007
Please don't make a fool out of yourself. Stay retired.
Spc Linton

United States

#20 Aug 8, 2007
I want to say that Lets Go Colts you made my year in Iraq Great and then to take it all Super Bowl!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggie Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... (Dec '14) Dec '14 faith short 1
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News HICKS: Rodman doesn't belong in Hall of Fame (Apr '11) Apr '11 worm91 7
News Pacers fire Mel Daniels (Nov '09) Nov '09 Jus 1
News Aerial advertiser doesn't know who paid for Mil... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Southbay Heart 2
News Aerial banner over beaches admonishes former NB... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 47
News Reggie Miller Pursuing Married Women? Husbby of... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nick College Student 1
More from around the web