Orlando Magic guard Rafer Alston is suspended for one and will ...

There are 20 comments on the May 7, 2009, Orlando Sentinel story titled Orlando Magic guard Rafer Alston is suspended for one and will .... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Magic point guard Rafer Alston will be suspended for Game 3 on Friday night against the Boston Celtics, according to an NBA source.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
mightymouthcrv

United States

#1 May 7, 2009
It doesn't matter. The Magic are toast anyway. All Alston did was miss open layups and those one-handed floaters. They are too soft. We REALLY miss Nelson. Please don't resign Turkeyboo in the offseason. Celtics by 13 in game 3.

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#2 May 7, 2009
Well, ain't that just a slap in the head!
1WhoCares

Orlando, FL

#3 May 7, 2009
I am confused, I guess the NBA wants the Celtics back in the finals. I mean please explain to me why Rondo punches Brad Miller in the face, that's above the neck, and throws Hinrich into the scorers table and doesn't even get a technical, never mind suspension. And because Alston, bops House on the back of the head, it wasn't even with force, after House pushes him around, gets suspension. He should have been given a hefty fine and go on. Like I said, I am confused, what is it going to take to get Rondo suspended? I guess when he injures someone or isn't playing for the storied Celtics....
christ

Okoboji, IA

#4 May 7, 2009
this is a f*cking joke. the fact that rafer and dwight get suspended while kobe and rondo commit acts twice as bad blows my mind. i am really starting to hate this league.
John Jolinski

Orlando, FL

#5 May 7, 2009
This is outrageous. The Magic have a reputation of being "soft" yet our players are the only ones getting suspended. Yeah, Rondo is alllowed to run roughshod and Derek Fisher admitted he retaliated against Scola, drawing blood, yet no suspensions. Common, Stern let's be consistent. Yeah, Boston and Cleveland are bigger market draws but this is ridiculous. Your big-market bias is obvious. You're a joke!

Ocoee, FL

#6 May 7, 2009
Fisher was suspended.

It's a bummer, but Alston deserved to be suspended.
Ping Pong

United States

#7 May 7, 2009
Question.
Do you have access to the Video when Rondo of Boston pulled the Bulls player into the sidelines, Then it APPEARS RONDO TOOK A SWING and was between the official.
PLEASE check out that video and if correct
WHY O WHY David Stern is Rondo not facing any action?
vote 3rd party

Atlanta, GA

#8 May 7, 2009
the nba is set up. what a joke. lewis gives rondo five after he fouls him hard at the end of the game. man up lewis why dont you start crying like when you were drafted are you a man.

Ocoee, FL

#9 May 7, 2009
Ping Pong wrote:
Question.
Do you have access to the Video when Rondo of Boston pulled the Bulls player into the sidelines, Then it APPEARS RONDO TOOK A SWING and was between the official.
PLEASE check out that video and if correct
WHY O WHY David Stern is Rondo not facing any action?
I am not saying I agree, but the league has a valid point.

Dwight was not making a play on the ball, nor was Alston or Fisher.

Rondo, it can at least be argued, was making a play on the ball.

Not saying I agree, but the case can be made.
otown

Beirut, Lebanon

#10 May 7, 2009
First we get demolished by the C's, and now this absolutely bul.l.shit call. If the Magic don't get fired up and destroy the Celtics in Game 3 I am really going to cry.
BostonFan

Andover, MA

#12 May 7, 2009
As a Celtics fan, I was hoping that Allston would be allowed to suit up for Game 3. Do I think House did anything to warrant a slap in the back of the head after incidental contact? No. Allston made a stupid move, but I didn't think it was bad as say a Fisher tackle or Kobe elbow. Allston's err came in that he didn't make a basketball play-it was after Eddie hit his shot.
firek

El Paso, TX

#13 May 7, 2009
Ah, there's ol' David Stern and his henchmen being pussies again.Rondo doesn't get suspended for his hit on Miller or his throwdown of Hinrich in the Celtics/Bulls series but if anyone even touches Stern's baby boys, the Celtics, SUSPENSION CITY ! Miller had blood all over him and needed stitches. I think the only damage done on House was to his ego and that his headband spinned ! LOL
No matter, Magic in 5 ! GO MAGIC !!!
kenny

Auburn, WA

#14 May 7, 2009
1WhoCares wrote:
I am confused, I guess the NBA wants the Celtics back in the finals. I mean please explain to me why Rondo punches Brad Miller in the face, that's above the neck, and throws Hinrich into the scorers table and doesn't even get a technical, never mind suspension. And because Alston, bops House on the back of the head, it wasn't even with force, after House pushes him around, gets suspension. He should have been given a hefty fine and go on. Like I said, I am confused, what is it going to take to get Rondo suspended? I guess when he injures someone or isn't playing for the storied Celtics....
rondo should have vbeen suspended...but alston through a cheap shot, it doesnt matter how hard he hit him, he did it out of frustration and embarrassment.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#15 May 7, 2009
I think the league is trying to get Boston to the east finals because they know that they cant beat cleveland. They dont want us there because we own the cavs and that would mess up their kobe vs lebron finals matchup. Its a scam.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#16 May 7, 2009
John Jolinski wrote:
This is outrageous. The Magic have a reputation of being "soft" yet our players are the only ones getting suspended. Yeah, Rondo is alllowed to run roughshod and Derek Fisher admitted he retaliated against Scola, drawing blood, yet no suspensions. Common, Stern let's be consistent. Yeah, Boston and Cleveland are bigger market draws but this is ridiculous. Your big-market bias is obvious. You're a joke!
fisher was ejected and suspended...and if the league was really into forcing boston into the second round, they wouldnt have called that awful 6th foul on ray allen with 6 minutes left in the chicago series. dwight howard gets away with a lot down in the paint, so i wouldnt be complaining too much.
Dissapointed in NBA

Orlando, FL

#17 May 7, 2009
I don't know if I'm more dissapointed with the way the Magic played or the NBA's decision. The NBA is punishing the Magic for their own refs mistake. Rafer should have been thrown out of game 2 and that should have been the end of it. Instead the refs missed the call again and the Magic lose a player for game 3. The same thing havent with Dwight in the Sixers series. The NBA needs a new face. David Stern and his cronies are making too big an impact on the league outcome. Fans spend a lot of money to support the NBA and they deserve a true champion at the end of the year. Ask the Phoenix Suns is they feel the same. The NBA officials stole a probable NBA Finals appereance from them a couple years ago when they suspended half their team for less than what Rafer did. The NBA sucks!! Can't wait until the NFL starts.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#18 May 7, 2009
House needed a good slap in the head. Every time the guy makes a shot he acts like it was the game winner. Hes a tool and I wish Alston would have got a better shot on him if hes gonna be suspended.
STUNNED VAN GANDHI

Kissimmee, FL

#19 May 7, 2009
firek wrote:
Ah, there's ol' David Stern and his henchmen being pussies again.Rondo doesn't get suspended for his hit on Miller or his throwdown of Hinrich in the Celtics/Bulls series but if anyone even touches Stern's baby boys, the Celtics, SUSPENSION CITY ! Miller had blood all over him and needed stitches. I think the only damage done on House was to his ego and that his headband spinned ! LOL
No matter, Magic in 5 ! GO MAGIC !!!
Keep dreaming, Butch. It's what you're good at....

Did you even SEE the Celtics-Bulls series ?

THE NBA DID.

Rondo -- barely six feet -- races up to Miller -- seven feet, who's jumping slowly for the shot. The result is predictable. The short guy ain't gonna get the ball. Unfortunately for both men, Rondo relaxed his hand and it caught Miller in the mouth.

The NBA looks for a WINDUP, and a FOLLOW-THROUGH AT THE END, for evidence of a Flagrant-1. BOTH WERE MISSING IN THE RONDO FOUL.

LOOK AT STRAFER ALSTON, AND YOU SEE ALL THREE -- WINDUP, FOUL, FOLLOW-THROUGH. JUST LIKE WITH HITMAN HOWARD.

PLAY DIRTY, YOU GET TO SIT DOWN A WHILE.

Oh, and you're right about Magic in 5..... YEARS.
STUNNED VAN GANDHI

Kissimmee, FL

#20 May 7, 2009
otown wrote:
First we get demolished by the C's, and now this absolutely bul.l.**** call. If the Magic don't get fired up and destroy the Celtics in Game 3 I am really going to cry.
You're in luck, today. They've got a special on KLEENEX (tm) at ACHMED'S BOMB AND SUPPLY, just down the street from you !
Magic Phan

Orlando, FL

#21 May 7, 2009
I am so totally looking forward to this game!
This team seems to play best when they are being punished.
Can we get a "bad boys" sticker for this? I doubt it. The "bad boyz of O-town" just doesn't sound right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heat say Chris Bosh will miss remainder of the ... Mar '15 starrtasha1212 2
News Ray Allen Enjoying Last Laugh over Kevin Garnet... (May '14) Nov '14 foureyes 40
News Michael Beasley Quickly Becoming Impossible to ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 dfsg 2
News Miami Heat Unhappy That NBA Isn't Doing More to... (Apr '14) May '14 Heat Fan 6
News Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
News LeBron James Gets Married in San Diego (Sep '13) Oct '13 Fan 2
News Philadelphia 76ers Can Hire Allen Iverson To Re... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jewel Williams 1
More from around the web