Orlando Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy is...

Orlando Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy is happy that his team is un...

There are 40 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 5, 2009, titled Orlando Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy is happy that his team is un.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy said that the Celtics ' near comeback from a 28-point third quarter deficit in Game 1 might have had an upside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Go Knights!”

Since: Nov 08

Kissimmee, FL

#22 May 6, 2009
The key question for tonight's game...Is Brian Scalbrine whiter then his jersey?? That dude needs to see some sunlight!!
magicfan

Lake Mary, FL

#23 May 6, 2009
nanningbob:

That is a direct quote from a commentary in the Boston radio webpage Mike cited to. If you are going to reprint garbage, at least credit the author. Moreover, it is complete fiction written by a local radio guy, which are usually delusional hometowners. there is no conflict between Dwight and SVG. Every time SVG has said Dwight didn't have a good game (which he rarely does) it was true and Dwight dominated the next one. Also, SVG said that his team could hold up one game without Dwight but would lose a series. In no way did he "insinuate" they were better off without D12.
Domprime

Plano, TX

#24 May 6, 2009
do we want our team unhappy and ready to focus? Reality
means we have to communicate in realistic terms. yes we need to be focused and defend our side of the court. do we need to be unhappy to realize that. What that say's is the team is distracted by something else. find the distraction Stan. Is it drugs, the media, bad judgement. find it Stan. these are your kid's. They need to grow up. Be a dad. Think like one.

s
Mike

Cocoa Beach, FL

#25 May 6, 2009
Domprime wrote:
do we want our team unhappy and ready to focus? Reality
means we have to communicate in realistic terms. yes we need to be focused and defend our side of the court. do we need to be unhappy to realize that. What that say's is the team is distracted by something else. find the distraction Stan. Is it drugs, the media, bad judgement. find it Stan. these are your kid's. They need to grow up. Be a dad. Think like one.
s
Ok, thanks Dr. Phil. What the hell are you talking about? I think you might be over analyzing things a bit dude.
LMAO

AOL

#26 May 6, 2009
If the Magic lose Dwight says he will dunk VanGundy!
:)
AmericanFirst

United States

#27 May 6, 2009
Before game 1, Howard was asked about the "special-ness" of a semi-conferance series coming up. His reply made my heart sink. He said it was just another game and they would just have fun and play. When they came out seemingly focused, I knew they would win. It did my heart good when they left the court very very sober. So I am confident they will win game 2, espcially after reading they had a team meeting yesterday afternoon. I'm thinking our boys did some growing up in the 2nd half of game 1. I totally agree with Stan's take on the unhappy locker room.
GO MAGIC!

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#28 May 6, 2009
Should be a good game and I cannot believe I'm saying it but we could actually SWEEP these guys.
HOWARD is just too much for them!
Focus will be key.
We need to keep that pressure or else Boston can easily pull chicago on us or even easier!.

Even though we completely disappeared against Philly, I think we can actually pull this off.
I know we have the talent to go pretty deep but focus is an issue.
If they cover that....we should be golden.

#29 May 6, 2009
Every body need to relax with this blown lead issue.
Magic plays even better under pressure.
Every time we get a big lead we tend to relax...its just this team's demeanor.
Get over it.
We play even better in close games so its a mute point.

I was watching my DVR'd game and I have to say, JJ was actually giving fits to Ray Allen.
I mean sure he might have had a bad night but JJ was always there with his hands on his face....
Great coverage....!
We'll see if it continues.
This game can be very simply.
Stop RONDO and its OVER!!
Rafer needs to start playing his uptempo running game and be aggressive with Rondo.

#30 May 6, 2009
AmericanFirst wrote:
Before game 1, Howard was asked about the "special-ness" of a semi-conferance series coming up. His reply made my heart sink. He said it was just another game and they would just have fun and play. When they came out seemingly focused, I knew they would win. It did my heart good when they left the court very very sober. So I am confident they will win game 2, espcially after reading they had a team meeting yesterday afternoon. I'm thinking our boys did some growing up in the 2nd half of game 1. I totally agree with Stan's take on the unhappy locker room.
GO MAGIC!
"Unhappy locker Room" is great news!
Aron

Sanford, FL

#31 May 6, 2009
O-MAGIC wrote:
Every body need to relax with this blown lead issue.
Magic plays even better under pressure.
Every time we get a big lead we tend to relax...its just this team's demeanor.
Get over it.
We play even better in close games so its a mute point.
I was watching my DVR'd game and I have to say, JJ was actually giving fits to Ray Allen.
I mean sure he might have had a bad night but JJ was always there with his hands on his face....
Great coverage....!
We'll see if it continues.
This game can be very simply.
Stop RONDO and its OVER!!
Rafer needs to start playing his uptempo running game and be aggressive with Rondo.
I believe JJ gives Ray fits because they are the same type of player. Granted Ray is about 10x better as far as the caliber and greatness, but they both do very similar things. That's why I believe JJ knows how to come in and out of those screens and can guard him better than most. You may be able to chalk it up to the fact that they were tired too, but I guess we will see tonight. JJ will be on Ray again so...

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#32 May 6, 2009
long time Magic Fan wrote:
Informative article Mr. Hightower. Bianchi's poem has me feeling embarresed for central florida. What a dweeb. The sentinal actually pays him for that ??
Oh, cut it out, Linda....

Really?! Bianchi writes a quirky article and now you are "embarresed" for the entire Central Florida area? Next thing you know, you'll be pulling a Stevie Franchise and said you just don't know how you are going to get up and go to work everyday.

Save the drama for your mamma....

Ocoee, FL

#33 May 6, 2009
LMAO wrote:
If the Magic lose Dwight says he will dunk VanGundy!
:)
Quite certain SVG will not fit through the hoop.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Since: Mar 09

Windermere, FL

#34 May 6, 2009
Aron wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe JJ gives Ray fits because they are the same type of player. Granted Ray is about 10x better as far as the caliber and greatness, but they both do very similar things. That's why I believe JJ knows how to come in and out of those screens and can guard him better than most. You may be able to chalk it up to the fact that they were tired too, but I guess we will see tonight. JJ will be on Ray again so...
They both put on their Jammies the same, they both wipe their butts the same ... are you kidding me.

One notable difference is JJ will sit his butt on the bench SUBSTANTIALLY longer than Ray despite having a substantially shorter career.

It's near the end already!

“"Hoop there it is"”

Windermere, FL

#35 May 6, 2009
Michael in Ocoee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, cut it out, Linda....
Really?! Bianchi writes a quirky article and now you are "embarresed" for the entire Central Florida area? Next thing you know, you'll be pulling a Stevie Franchise and said you just don't know how you are going to get up and go to work everyday.
Save the drama for your mamma....
You must think quirky means juvenile, ridulous and just plain sh**y.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Windermere, FL

#36 May 6, 2009
That's ridiculous, not ridulous. Sorry.

Ocoee, FL

#37 May 6, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
<quoted text>
You must think quirky means juvenile, ridulous and just plain ******y.
I just think you all need to chill and not be so negative all the time. It is extremely annoying.

Relax....
Joe

Longwood, FL

#38 May 6, 2009
Put a fork in them, they're done. No energy, No will to win, No D, it's over. You can't win anything shooting 3's, especially if aren't making them. But in the end intense defense wins championships.
Joe

Longwood, FL

#39 May 6, 2009
The celtics have now beaten the Magic to a pulp for 4 straight quarter of basketball. I just hope they can at least keep it close and avoid total embarrassment. There is no hope at all of actually beating Boston, but maybe we can save face. Man this was awful.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Windermere, FL

#40 May 7, 2009
Michael in Ocoee wrote:
<quoted text>
I just think you all need to chill and not be so negative all the time. It is extremely annoying.
Relax....
Thanks for your expert advice.

I'm now taking the same meds that Turkoglu is on. That way I won't know when I'm in a basketball game either. I'm chillin!

And you, and your mother's face are what's annoying.

Ocoee, FL

#41 May 7, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your expert advice.
I'm now taking the same meds that Turkoglu is on. That way I won't know when I'm in a basketball game either. I'm chillin!
And you, and your mother's face are what's annoying.
lol! What are you, 12?:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heat say Chris Bosh will miss remainder of the ... (Feb '15) Mar '15 starrtasha1212 2
News Ray Allen Enjoying Last Laugh over Kevin Garnet... (May '14) Nov '14 foureyes 40
News Michael Beasley Quickly Becoming Impossible to ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 dfsg 2
News Miami Heat Unhappy That NBA Isn't Doing More to... (Apr '14) May '14 Heat Fan 6
News Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
News LeBron James Gets Married in San Diego (Sep '13) Oct '13 Fan 2
News Philadelphia 76ers Can Hire Allen Iverson To Re... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jewel Williams 1
More from around the web