NBA players sign on for 'Obama Classic' fundraiser

Full story: CNN 12
The chances of seeing professional basketball in 2011 are getting smaller, but fans of the sport will have at least one opportunity to watch pro players at work in December - if they're willing to include a donation for President Barack Obama's re-election bid. Full Story

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1 Nov 19, 2011
F-ing NBA.
I hate them.

I support the President
but people in this country
are hurting and these
greedy a-holes
complain that they
aren't making enough
millions putting a
ball through a hoop.
Now they focus on
re-electing their bro.
Disgusting.

Freaks. All of them.

“The Commander-in-Chi ef”

Since: Jun 07

Always bet on Black

#3 Nov 19, 2011
x0x0x wrote:
F-ing NBA.
I hate them.
I support the President
but people in this country
are hurting and these
greedy a-holes
complain that they
aren't making enough
millions putting a
ball through a hoop.
Now they focus on
re-electing their bro.
Disgusting.
Freaks. All of them.
Youíre looking at it the wrong way; itís not about them making enough money, itís about them receiving fair compensation from the money that comes in due to their skills and fame. During negotiations the players went down from receiving 57% to 50% of BRI (basketball related income), thatís over 100 million dollars out of the players pocket and the owners wanted to squeeze more.
If you were a movie star after years of perfecting your craft and millions come out to see your movies I donít think you would have that same attitude about giving the studio more than half the profitsÖ in this economy you should be happy with a million dollars from a movie that you starred in the grossed 3 billion dollars, right?

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#5 Nov 19, 2011
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn`t that say" commander and Chimp"
So that was the best you have? Perhaps you shouldn't have said anything. We all now know that 'yer dumb'.

“The Commander-in-Chi ef”

Since: Jun 07

Always bet on Black

#6 Nov 19, 2011
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
So that was the best you have? Perhaps you shouldn't have said anything. We all now know that 'yer dumb'.
All you have to do is bask in the misery of these racist right-wing idiots that are suffering through the historic Presidency of our African American Commander-in-Chief.

Their juvenile insults canít ease the pain; all it does is lets me know once more how agonizing it is for them, and I love it, LOL.

Maumee, OH

#9 Nov 19, 2011
Liberal BLUMPKIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the Tiajuana Donkey should have pulled out of your Mom so people like you and cpl PAT wouldnt exist
(((crickets)))
Domino

Great Neck, NY

#11 Nov 19, 2011
x0x0x wrote:
F-ing NBA.
I hate them. I support the President but people in this country
are hurting and these greedy a-holes complain that they
aren't making enough millions putting a ball through a hoop.
Now they focus on re-electing their bro. Disgusting.
Freaks. All of them.
You support the President. So what's wrong with holding a healthy fund-raiser for him whereby the pro basketball players use their talent to help him get reelected. Fans will get to see their favorite players for one game with a non-season looming ahead.
Do you really understand the negotiating issues here? They may make millions to 'put a ball in the hoop' but the owners are being greedy to use the players' celebrity and talent for their own good.'Reelecting their bro' has a slight tone of bigotry to it.
Disgusting, if I am right.

Maumee, OH

#12 Nov 19, 2011
Liberal BLUMPKIN wrote:
<quoted text>
You`ve been Doucheing the WRONG HOLE
When trying to make a 'diss' learn how to spell.

Again 'yer dumb'!x2

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 19, 2011
Domino wrote:
<quoted text>
You support the President. So what's wrong with holding a healthy fund-raiser for him whereby the pro basketball players use their talent to help him get reelected. Fans will get to see their favorite players for one game with a non-season looming ahead.
Do you really understand the negotiating issues here? They may make millions to 'put a ball in the hoop' but the owners are being greedy to use the players' celebrity and talent for their own good.'Reelecting their bro' has a slight tone of bigotry to it.
Without the owners, there would be no NBA.
Do not the owners create the venue for the players to showcase in?
It's a partnership. 50/50 sounds fair in that equation to me.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#14 Nov 19, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre looking at it the wrong way; itís not about them making enough money, itís about them receiving fair compensation from the money that comes in due to their skills and fame. During negotiations the players went down from receiving 57% to 50% of BRI (basketball related income), thatís over 100 million dollars out of the players pocket and the owners wanted to squeeze more.
If you were a movie star after years of perfecting your craft and millions come out to see your movies I donít think you would have that same attitude about giving the studio more than half the profitsÖ in this economy you should be happy with a million dollars from a movie that you starred in the grossed 3 billion dollars, right?
What exact percentage do you deem "fair" for the players?

What exact percentage do you deem "fair", out of their "fair" share of the NBA revenue, for those millionaire players to pay in the form of income taxes?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#16 Nov 21, 2011
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn`t that say" commander and Chimp"
Only if you're uneducated, but please, feel free to show your intellectual inferiority. It's a free country after all.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#17 Nov 21, 2011
Domino wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were "bigot", I wouldn't have voted for President Obama. I would have voted for the racists, McCain/Palin. My point was that b-ball players should look around. It's out of work Americans they need to raise money for, especially returning veterans, not President Obama. He raises millions all by himself and doesn't need their help.

Basketball sucks and that includes the players and owners. Fans already pay hundreds of dollars for tickets to watch these clowns put a ball in a hoop. I'm not sure which one is more stupid but I do know, they'll never see a dime of my money. I prefer real entertainment that requires real skill. Broadway, local theatre, art exhibits, book signings, beaching it and watching the surfers....for free!!!!! Now that's entertainment.
umm

United States

#18 Nov 23, 2011
NBA players now have enough time to support Obuma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Allen Enjoying Last Laugh over Kevin Garnet... (May '14) Nov 25 foureyes 40
Michael Beasley Quickly Becoming Impossible to ... (Nov '13) Jul '14 dfsg 2
Miami Heat Unhappy That NBA Isn't Doing More to... (Apr '14) May '14 Heat Fan 6
Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
LeBron James Gets Married in San Diego (Sep '13) Oct '13 Fan 2
Philadelphia 76ers Can Hire Allen Iverson To Re... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jewel Williams 1
Jeff Jacobs: Only Pillar left standing from glo... (Jul '13) Jul '13 normanmack 1
More from around the web