Lack of urgency hurt C's

Full story: Lowell Sun 7
Shaking off the sting while wondering what might have been: Did the Celtics redeem themselves to some degree with their run that ended just a few minutes short of another title? Did Rasheed Wallace justify his acquisition with a playoff performance worthy of his big-game reputation? Yes and no. Read more
Wil Jordan

Sacramento, CA

#1 Jun 22, 2010
I think this a great article and really sums up the season. I really believe that Pierce took most of the season off. The chemistry of the team was bad and most of the credit goes to Wallace. Who really hasn't hustled in years. The loss of Eddie House hurt the energy and the loss of Poe hurt their toughness. This team unachieved do their own lack of urgency. I for one don't care if Rivers stays or goes but I do wish Coach Tom T was still with the Celtics.
nofury

Bradenton, FL

#2 Jun 22, 2010
Ludicrous!

Perkins injury is what doomed the Celts. Doc was right to rest his players down the stretch
nofury

Bradenton, FL

#4 Jun 22, 2010
Doc had his team up 3-2 in the NBA Finals! They wouldn't have survived that far if Doc hadn't managed his starters minutes down the stretch. This was an older team that battled injuries all year.

Perkins injury was the reason the Celts weren't able to close out the series. The Celtics were suddenly vulnerable in the paint defensively & everyone had to play more minutes. The Celtics simply ran out of gas at the end of the 4th quarter...
jingo

Lowell, MA

#5 Jun 22, 2010
was this article for a summer class or something? because the series was over 5 days ago. the news about the c's is now concerning thursday's draft and the free agent contracts...

i'll stick with espn and nba.com for my roundball news.
Robert

AOL

#6 Jun 23, 2010
I think Doc did what he had to do during the regular season in order for the Celtics to be healthy come playoff time. Everyone will second guess your decision when you fall short.

Just to add to Jingo's point...moving forward is going to be very difficult for Boston with their limited cap room. I hear the Celtics were crying in the locker room after their game 7 loss to LA. Well, how bad does R Allen, Pierce and KG want to win? I ask that question because they are the players making all the money that affects the Celtic's salary cap. The only way the Celtics will be able to make major improvements to their roster is for those three to agree to less money. R Allen would have to agree to a paycut and Pierce/KG would have to agree to restructure their contracts so the Celtics could go out and make some serious free agent moves. Try and tell those three they have to take a paycut and I'm sure all three will forget about their loss to the Lakers real quick. It's the money first and winning second.
big if

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 23, 2010
Many assumptions are made in here and all seem aimed at poor rasheed. Yes they could have done better in the regular season, but that would have meant playing injured star players longer. If pierce or garnett went down with more serious injuries the C's wouldn't have even made it past the miami heat. I do agree that Rasheed is not a workaholic 24/7, but what's done is done. They made a great run and almost pulled it out. The fact is that they were out of gas and doc stuck with them hoping they'd come up big in the 4th qtr of game 7. In retrospect, maybe he could have rested some guys and used the bench during that foul fiesta which allowed the lakers to come back. However, the bench players may have done the same exact thing. Good season celts. Let it go.
Ron

Lowell, MA

#8 Jun 24, 2010
In the last 8 minutes of game 7 the Lakers shot 22 freethrows to 6 for the Celtics. The Lakers shot 37 freethrows for the game to Boston's 17. More proof that the NBA is rigged.

The Lakers eeked out a four point win! Sure.

Crooked ref Tim Donaghy predicted this series correctly right down to the last quarter. How did he know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rasheed Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
News Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
News Can the New York Knicks Still Be Considered a C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Heavy Mental 2
News Marcus Camby Hurt, Rasheed Wallace Out of Shape... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Anonymous 2
News Josh Smith Shipping Off to the Boston Celtics i... (Jun '11) Jul '11 lolye 2
News For Celtics, the complaint department is closed... (Oct '10) Oct '10 marc 2
News Backtalk: 8/12/2010 (Aug '10) Aug '10 LtCol Miyamoto Hi... 5
More from around the web