'Sheed will heed team's new coach

Jun 11, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit Free Press

There was only one player standing around as the Pistons introduced Michael Curry as their coach Tuesday.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2008
robddetroit

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

well sheed if you are around and afew others,its
going to be about anew attitude about this team
you are akey player to this team,and do need u
i watched your game from portland to the d, and i
know on any given night u can be the man,you got to stay focused,stop letting the bad calls by the refs get to you play on, ucould be the best center inthe game if u controlled your anger,i love u bro,the only thing wrong with your groop is u guysgot to play like that pit bull,in the ring,when they think they got u,bring the second
game to the court,u guys got to devote yourseves
into working harder,to keep the energy ,when u have ateam down u dontstart taking long jump shots
u post up ,and drive the ball,untill u break the spirit of a team,u guys let this team get away using your own style of play,no defense ,rebounding beat yourselves
joe

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Sheed epitomizes what a piston should be tough high basketball iq and loyal
Punkass Wallace

West Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Rasheed wallace is one of the main reasons y the pistons haven't won another championship. he lets his mouth run, not his game half the time and thats been a big distraction for the rest of the team that came to play. if we could get ride of him and trade for a big man we have the superstars and the role players. I don't think they told rasheed but i will no bitchassnes. your not that good anymore way over rated and have been. you were ok when ben wallace was there but now you think that you are better then everyone and that you don't have to work for it on the court.
sportsmin

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

sheed is the man yeah he needs to stay focused but his knowledge of the game isn't matched. he has and will continue to teach the younger pistons what and where on the court.. with a true center his threes dont hurt as much [thats when he not on] plus he can and is willing to "post up more] if the offense was catered to him more
csturd54

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Hey You Guys,We all know Shed has a big ass mouth
but if the boy is focused he's unstopable. I hope Joe Dumars doesn't trade Sheed cause whose he going to get to replace him? A young rookie that doesn't know whats going on.
Ricky Williams

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

Sheed needs his walking papers enough is enough, people get fired every day for less, here is a super star that cries like a baby at the wrong times, NBA finals, year after year, Dumars will send him packing, with something in return that will bring Detroit a real chance in June! Always remember Sheed got paid millions to run his mouth as the State of Michigan needs encouragement and support, not a cry baby!
XWA

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

I think one reason he was their was to send a message to Joe D, saying he really does want to stay on the pistons, despite his enthusiasm during the Celtics series.
dwill77

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

Wallace is the reason that we won the one championship.

Without Sheed coming here, we don't have a championship, we don't re-sign Bill-ups, Prince doesn't develop as much as he did... About the only thing we might have is a team with chances to make the playoffs with a Darko that had pt to develop, and a lot of angry fans in Michigan...

But we did get a championship, an olympian (almost 2) And 6 straight Conf finals and still a lot of angry fans in Michigan. Michigan has been spoiled with with a few good teams. Can you imagine IZZO going to 6 straight final fours and getting Fired.

I enjoy being able to watch one of my teams into May and June every year. Do you think any Garnette-missing-Timberwolves fan is even thinking about planning a playoff party anytime soon?

Trading Sheed and Billups is like replacing Carr with Rod. Folks in Toronto and Orlando will love it like Buckeye fans do right now.(Look at recruiting) Maybe 5 years from now I will Say I was Wrong. But in the Immediate Future, Detroit is not ready for a re-building Pisons just like Wolverine Fans Are not ready to start fresh. Rebuilding is what the Lions are for; They been doing it my entire life.

Bring them all back with Curry for the 7th straight.
sheed

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2008

dats true... sheed they paying you million and u need to be focus on the game... go on the block and post up.... u can shoot 3 sometimes but not all the time... bring back the real wallace... the real deal... it's ok to complain about the call but u and billups need to score... where's the mr. big shot now? what's up with that.... i thought it would be a back to back championship for detroit... i guess it's just a one hit wonder... go out and play like a pro....
autofill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

If rasheed play the way that he can, then the piston's is going to be champions again. Going to the Eastern finals six stright times is no fluke. Breaking up the 'core' is not the answer. Play the right way in june is.
dirtywhiteboy

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Rasheed seems to set the tempo for the team but his complaining disrupts everything. He is very talented and i'd like to see him finish his career in Detroit but his attitude can be detrimental to the team.

If he stays i hope they do what needs to be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rasheed Wallace Discussions

Search the Rasheed Wallace Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
Can the New York Knicks Still Be Considered a C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Heavy Mental 2
Marcus Camby Hurt, Rasheed Wallace Out of Shape... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Anonymous 2
Josh Smith Shipping Off to the Boston Celtics i... (Jun '11) Jul '11 lolye 2
For Celtics, the complaint department is closed... (Oct '10) Oct '10 marc 2
Backtalk: 8/12/2010 (Aug '10) Aug '10 LtCol Miyamoto Hi... 5
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••