the brink

the brink

There are 2 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 24, 2009, titled the brink. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Lawyers. Arbitrators. League officials. Media. Fans. Jermaine O'Neal had a lot of explaining to do, to all sorts of people, and none of it was pleasant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

jackstraw401

Farmington, MO

#1 Feb 24, 2009
"If someone hits me over the head with a chair and kills me, who is going to tell my wife and my daughter and my son that Daddy's not going to come home?"

What? At no point during that brawl did it get to the point where murder was an option for anyone (fans or players). A fan throwing a beer and another coming onto the court is as extreme as the fans got. Jermaine still has some accountability issues based on his quote. It was the players that escalated the situation into an all out brawl that was then fueled by some idiot fans' behaviors.

As a fan of the Portland Trailblazers, I always felt that you should have stayed in school and given yourself some more time to learn the game rather than jumping to the NBA from high school. Apparently, learning some analytical thinking in the classroom would have helped too.
Sports Fan

Miami, FL

#2 Feb 24, 2009
why does E. Skolnick always write controversial stuff ... this was in the past ... 5 years ago .... its done ... let it be.

You don't think JO has rebuilt his image in 5 years?

You think that when people see JO they’re immediately reminded of that instance?

No, of course not .... only you Ethan ... because apparently you have nothing better to write about.

What? was there no other pot you could stir?

Why don't you for once try to be a real sports writer (like Ira or Hyde)and not a made for TV drama writer like these ESPN types who constantly talk about Bonds and ARod.

Look at your past article ... you always have something negative to say ... you always have to stir some kind of pot and you always have to write about some sort of controversy.

I guess thats how you get clicks right? I believe its called sensationalism.

And for the people that think I'm being to hard on this guy and that this article is mostly positive.

Just remember he is writing about one of the ugliest/worst circumstances to happen in the history of the NBA and one the happened 5 YEARS AGO.

And he WOULD NOT be writing this at all if it wasn’t for the fact that JO is now a Heat and he knows that Heat fans will click on this link ... in other words sensationalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rasheed Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
News Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
News Can the New York Knicks Still Be Considered a C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Heavy Mental 2
News Marcus Camby Hurt, Rasheed Wallace Out of Shape... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Anonymous 2
News Josh Smith Shipping Off to the Boston Celtics i... (Jun '11) Jul '11 lolye 2
News For Celtics, the complaint department is closed... (Oct '10) Oct '10 marc 2
News Backtalk: 8/12/2010 (Aug '10) Aug '10 LtCol Miyamoto Hi... 5
More from around the web