Pistons end Magic's season in Game 5

Pistons end Magic's season in Game 5

There are 287 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 13, 2008, titled Pistons end Magic's season in Game 5. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

And once again, the Orlando Magic were ushered into another summer with the sounds of Motown playing in their heads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Chad

Philippines

#313 May 14, 2008
I really do think we'll get better next year.. For PF spot, Battie will come back.. also, a Corey Maggette signing would be great. I read in a column that Corey would welcome a second stint with the Magic. So you'll probably see a Howard, Battie, Lewis, Turk/Maggette and Nelson.. Battie, Howard and Maggette alone will provide toughness that can match that of Detroit in the play-offs.. additionally, when you slide Lewis to the 3-spot it would take him back to his original position and be more competitive.

As for Hedo-- I love the guy but if we can get a solid big man for him while his value is way up and we get Maggette then I'd pull the trigger on a trade.. but only if we get Maggette or a similar caliber wing man and in return we get a good big.. perhaps a trade with the Clippers of Turk/Reddick/Foyle for Maggette and Kaman.. that would be awesome... should be enough to get us to the finals next year!!
Good Play

Puerto Rico

#314 May 14, 2008
magic in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Turk took over at PG twice in the clutch in this series. And lost twice. Arroyo got how many minutes in this series?
Arroyo got released by two contenders, Utah and Detroit. Let it go, that's a dead argument.
Arroooooooooooooooooooooyo is the best!!!Ask to the USA Dream Team!
Jameer or Dooling never going to be in the USA Olimpyc Team.Period!
Almax

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#315 May 14, 2008
Grant Hill wrote:
Who the heck are the Devoes? The "crack that whip" dudes???? The magic are owned by a fine gentleman name D-e-V-O-S
HA HA D-e-V-O-S:
The guy who made his fortune on a pyramidal business scheme were the main goal is not the quality of the product but the recruitment of ignorant people to sell them. The same Man that is joined at the hip to George W. and his cronies, The same group of people who believe that Lying Cheating and Stealing is OK as long that is done in the name of their ideology. The same man who is directly related to the largest Mercenary company in the world BLACK WATER!!!!
Is that is your definition of a fine gentleman?????
No wander the USA reputation has gone down the toilet!!!!
Almax

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#316 May 14, 2008
Real Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Se nota que eres de la isla de mierda esa. Tu comprension al leer es de bajo nivel pero eso es de esperar de tu gente. No se de donde coño sacaste eso de que quiero ser gringo. Tal vez porque me estoy burlando de tu "ingle sin barreras"? si es por eso entonces dejame decirte que yo me esmere en el colegio en vez de vender drogas como hacen todos los de tu "pais." Que pais ni que nada chico, ustedes le han vendido el culo a todo el mundo, primero a España y ahora a los gringos que tu tantos odias. A los unicos que los gringos so lo estan metiendo e a ustedes. Al menos yo tengo un pais en el cual ser orgulloso, no como tu. Callate y va a hacerte una pajita a Carlitos, lo unico mas o menos que a salido de el hueco apostoso borinquen.
Wow!!!! Ignorante Arrogante y Orgulloso la definicion de lo que mundialmente se conoce como un Ugly American.
De donde saliste corriendo???????? Venezuela????
Si vives en florida es porque salistes corriendo de tu pais porque tu propia gente te reconoces por lo que eres. Basura a la venta al mejor postor.
adrian

United States

#317 May 14, 2008
the orlando magic played pretty good against the pistons but experience in the postseason paid off for the boys in blue , and they did it for 2 games without chauncey quite impressive i would say . aniways im not really looking forward to the next round since boston cant win for shit on the road and forsure the pistons can sneak one in boston.. and if the cav's were to win that would be much easier since last year they had larry hughes to help lebron out and yea hes not there this season so eightr way you look at it pistons will take it and advance to finals .... wherre they will face the kobe and the lakers... beautiful series could not get any better .
I WATCH FOX NEWS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#318 May 15, 2008
adrian wrote:
the orlando magic played pretty good against the pistons but experience in the postseason paid off for the boys in blue , and they did it for 2 games without chauncey quite impressive i would say . aniways im not really looking forward to the next round since boston cant win for shit on the road and forsure the pistons can sneak one in boston.. and if the cav's were to win that would be much easier since last year they had larry hughes to help lebron out and yea hes not there this season so eightr way you look at it pistons will take it and advance to finals .... wherre they will face the kobe and the lakers... beautiful series could not get any better .
i was watching my favorite new program

AND WEST VIRGINA IS THE LEAST EDUCATED STATE IN THE UNION.

YOU ARE ONE INBRED HILLYBILLY IF YOU DO NOT THINK THE SUITS IN THE NBA ARE NOT GOING TO SETUP CELTS LAKERS.

STUPID FARMER

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#319 May 15, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! JJ bought a golf course home LAST year and his Duke shirt is hanging in Cameron, dorko...lol.
Besides look at all the BIG Stars that have homes in the area. Even Shaq (but then again who cares about him?)
These 2 new posts about JJ by Schmitz are worrying me.
But in the end I'm pretty sure that Otis will give in to his impulses and trade JJ for another useless journeyman player like 3/4's of this team.
Snort, snort.
I'm telling you man...I'm a fan of JJ just as you are but i'm very optimistic about his future here. Magic will not bet on a draft pick to make a difference here, hence will not let JJ go for draft reasons. This guy's verdict is still out. You cannot call him a bust just because he cannot crack into rotation with Evan/Bogans there.
I'll be very suprised if he leaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rasheed Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
News Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
News Can the New York Knicks Still Be Considered a C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Heavy Mental 2
News Marcus Camby Hurt, Rasheed Wallace Out of Shape... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Anonymous 2
News Josh Smith Shipping Off to the Boston Celtics i... (Jun '11) Jul '11 lolye 2
News For Celtics, the complaint department is closed... (Oct '10) Oct '10 marc 2
News Backtalk: 8/12/2010 (Aug '10) Aug '10 LtCol Miyamoto Hi... 5
More from around the web