Minnesota Timberwolves can't overcome...

Minnesota Timberwolves can't overcome their slow start in loss ...

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 26, 2008, titled Minnesota Timberwolves can't overcome their slow start in loss .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Respect your elders. If there was a lesson in the Timberwolves' latest loss Wednesday night, that was it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

TWolvesFanInLA

Palmdale, CA

#1 Nov 27, 2008
Jefferson may be one of the top 20 players in the NBA right now and McHale's incompetence may waste his prime years just like they did KG's. It's clear Jefferson should play the 4 so the Jefferson/Love frontcourt is never going to work. So T-Wolves will have used three of their last four lottery picks on players that are role players at best and that is giving Foye the benefit of the doubt. Brewer can't score, McCant's can't play defense, and Love can't seem to do either. T-Wolves already have enough role players in Gomes, Smith and Telfair. They needed a superstar at SG and they had one before trading Mayo for Love.

Can McHale just man up and admit he's made a huge mistake.
AUGGH

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 27, 2008
Mayo for Love eh? This is painful to watch EVERY year. It's no wonder there are so much fewer fans in the stands. If the Sonics moved to Oklahoma City, where will the wolves move to? Little Rock?
fracas

Sioux Falls, SD

#3 Nov 27, 2008
Doesn't this feel a lot like Kevin Garnett's early years? One really good player, only now it is Big Al, not Garnett, and then a pack of players who span the range from shouldn't be in the NBA (Madsen, Booth) to mediocore (most of the rest). I had higher hopes that this. I can see where the team might flounder for a few more seasons, and then trade Big Al, just like they traded KG, and start some rebuilding process all over again.

The Mayo-Love trade looks bad right now. Mayo is looking more and more like a future All-Star, while Love is undersized even for the 4 and can't get his shot off over guys that are a few inches taller and more athletic than he. Brewer has almost zero ball skills and is playing his way deeper and deeper down the bench. Chalmers was pandered off for a meaningless 2nd rounder, and a chunk of cash (come on Taylor, you are a freakin' billionaire.....you don't need another million dollars). Chalmers would be starting, yes starting, if he were on this roster.

I love basketball and I have been a wolves supporter from Day One. I have been seen this "rebuilding process" play out year after year, both here and elsewhere. When the time comes that they start to lose me as a fan, then I have to wonder about the masses that they have already lost.

When is Taylor going to get it? Start putting a product on the floor while you still have a bit of a fan base. Fire McHale and Wittman on Friday (you can't do that on Thanksgiving, it just wouldn't be right). Give Hoiberg the reins on a "trial basis". Get a coach in with NBA experience, who has won. The players don't seem to be listening to "Slim Wittman" any longer. McHale has had a few good moments interspersed with a career of gross mismanagement.

Glen, do it! You know that it is what really needs to be done. Just get it over with so that the new guys have a chance to work with these players and see which ones can be rehabilitated and have a chance of becoming NBA players. Do it while you still have a few fans and while someone is still willing to pay you to broadcast the games on TV.

I'm done ranting. Sorry to be so long winded. I am about to just give up on them, as you can tell.
Action Jackson

Big Lake, MN

#4 Nov 27, 2008
I think what we're missing here is Glen Taylor is the root cause of the problem and he's the one making the financial decisions. Glen is the one approving and pushing to save money and salaries through trades.
If you look at it from that frame of reference, the beast is dieing at the head, not at the neck (McHale).
Glen appears to be a quieter, sneaky version of Red McCombs right now gang.
He's not running the franchise to win, he's running it to make money by slashing salary costs.
What up

Rosemount, MN

#5 Nov 27, 2008
TWolvesFanInLA wrote:
Jefferson may be one of the top 20 players in the NBA right now and McHale's incompetence may waste his prime years just like they did KG's. It's clear Jefferson should play the 4 so the Jefferson/Love frontcourt is never going to work. So T-Wolves will have used three of their last four lottery picks on players that are role players at best and that is giving Foye the benefit of the doubt. Brewer can't score, McCant's can't play defense, and Love can't seem to do either. T-Wolves already have enough role players in Gomes, Smith and Telfair. They needed a superstar at SG and they had one before trading Mayo for Love.
Can McHale just man up and admit he's made a huge mistake.
I agree 100% with what you say. McHale did man up. He said after last year that he did a terrible job of making up our roster with trades & signings, but he just couldn't leave basketball without putting the roster in better shape. I'm 44 now.....he's had 14 years with this team to try & get it right.....how long do we have to wait? I'm tired of Wittlesses excuses after a bad performance!!!!!!!!!!
mr thomas bater

United States

#6 Nov 27, 2008
i just love watching big al in his uni go up and down the court as he dominates the opponent it makes my liver quiver go big al

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raja Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lakers Rumors: L.A. Needs to Stay Away from Raj... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sam 2
News NBA's first 4OT game since 1997 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
News Utah Jazz fall apart quickly in season-opening ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 jeff 1
News Jazz steamroll Timberwolves, but Kevin Love res... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 8
News New Year - New Optimism (Jan '11) Jan '11 Raheeda 1
News Walsh calls Suns, but Stoudemire won't be Knick (Feb '09) Feb '09 phill 11
News Suns consider trading Stoudemire (Jan '09) Jan '09 judi 1
More from around the web