Letter of the day: Timberwolves not just unlucky

May 25, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star Tribune

Are the Timberwolves unlucky, or just bad? The Timberwolves have failed 10 times in 10 tries in the franchise's sad 18-year history to improve their draft position in the NBA Draft lottery. via Star Tribune

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
somuchyummy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

okay, granted, i don't sleep well so i've got extra time to think about crap like this - but doesn't the lottery system as it stands just suck? doesn't it inspire poor play and losing? here's an idea - feel free to shoot holes in it - for a new system that would inspire good play and winning.
first of all, ditch the lottery. draft order would be determined by the win/loss records. so the worst team in the league would get the number one pick and so on. here's where it differs. at some point late in the season - at a point where "tanking games" might start to happen - for example, 15 games to go - you'd take the 8 worst teams in the league and tell them that those remaining 15 games are in essence a new season for them. and among those 8 teams, the team with the best record in those last games will have their second round pick leapfrogged up to the number 10 pick in the first round. they still might finish with the 4th overall worst record, so they'll get the 4th pick - but they'll also get the 10th. think of how that might change the complexion of those remaining 15 games. okay, shoot holes.

Since: Mar 07

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

I hate the lottery. It's the dumbest possible way to do the draft. I like your idea about making changes so teams have nothing to gain by tanking the last few games tho. I was shocked at this year's lottery picks. But it was also good to see it isn't just the Timberwolves who get screwed.
I say get rid of the lottery all together. Just draft in order. But that's probably too easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ndudi Ebi Discussions

Search the Ndudi Ebi Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kevin McHale leaves legacy of flops (Jun '09) Jun '09 TheMaster 8
Kevin McHale out as Minnesota Timberwolves coac... (Jun '09) Jun '09 sorb 43
Minnesota Timberwolves coach Kevin McHale still... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 14
Steve Aschburner: Roy, Foye linked by draft-nig... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Steve 1
'Loser' never applied better (Jan '08) Jan '08 taijes 1
•••
•••
•••
•••