Magic hit franchise-record 18 3-point...

Magic hit franchise-record 18 3-pointers in 112-85 victory over...

There are 141 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Magic hit franchise-record 18 3-pointers in 112-85 victory over.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Hedo Turkoglu scored 26 points, and the Orlando Magic made a team-record 18 3-pointers in a 112-85 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Otis Smith

Titusville, FL

#1 Jan 23, 2008
Do not get too happy : Jameer will be back soon to throw away more games !!!! period....
Sereno

Titusville, FL

#2 Jan 23, 2008
Another good road win for the magic, Reddick is a 2 points per minute player that should be used more often.
Jim

Palm Bay, FL

#3 Jan 23, 2008
Well ok I admit it, I was wrong about this one. The Magic came out and got it done tonight. The defense has picked up tremendously in the past 4 or 5 games.
I have said it all along that if this team plays defense the sky is the limit for them.
So because I said that if they play better defense then they will win this does not count as a blown prediction, therefore my winning percentage remains in tact.
Funny

Puerto Rico

#4 Jan 23, 2008
Good team effort, specifically the rotation at the defensive end.
Jim

Palm Bay, FL

#5 Jan 23, 2008
Jameer needs to take his time coming back. Right now the team is in a good rhythmn without him in the lineup. When he does return it should be in a reserve role at first.
And it would definitely be better if he sits out the Detroit game. If he plays then Billups will play him like an old record.
Bud says

AOL

#6 Jan 23, 2008
3 minutes and 4 seconds = 3 of 4 shooting and the 18th 3 pointer to set the team record!
I'm talkin' JJ Redick!
Jim

Palm Bay, FL

#7 Jan 23, 2008
The team looked great offensively for sure with all the three pointers, but the most impressive thing about this win was the defensive effort.
This will continue to be the key to the future success of the team.
Numbers are great, but stopping numbers is best.
Steve

Richardson, TX

#8 Jan 23, 2008
The best all around game played by the Magic this year. Hopefully they play more like this against Detroit!
Luke

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 23, 2008
The only reason the Magic will lose to the Pistons would be Jameer Nelson. PERIOD.
STH

Lake Mary, FL

#10 Jan 23, 2008
JJ is a bad MF. He doesn't play for weeks... then comes in for three minutes and shoots the lights out. SVG needs to work him into the game more. There are plenty of times when our opponent has a weak 2 guard in the game which would allow JJ to come in. Please SVG.

Defense was good tonight, all the way down the line. Even CA was playing D.

I too am worried about the effect JN will have on the newfound defensive prowess the Magic have been playing with.
Steve

Orlando, FL

#11 Jan 23, 2008
Bud says wrote:
3 minutes and 4 seconds = 3 of 4 shooting and the 18th 3 pointer to set the team record!
I'm talkin' JJ Redick!
The 17th 3 broke the record, not JJ's. Get your facts straight!
Jim

Palm Bay, FL

#12 Jan 23, 2008
Luke wrote:
The only reason the Magic will lose to the Pistons would be Jameer Nelson. PERIOD.
Chauncey will light him up like a Christmas tree if he plays. It was no coincidence I think that Billups struggled somewhat in Orlando when the Magic beat the Pistons on Monday night.
Laurent

Orlando, FL

#13 Jan 23, 2008
Looks like beating Detroit in such dramatic fashion has given the boys some confidence. Hopefully it's still there when we get to detroit...wish we didn't have to play them so soon again.

JJ Reddick's a great shooter but he's horrible on defensive and rebounding which are our problem areas right now. We already have great scoring ability just not good enough defense. That's why he's on the bench. He's a great option off the bench when we want to put away teams but that's about it.
Jim

Palm Bay, FL

#14 Jan 23, 2008
STH wrote:
JJ is a bad MF. He doesn't play for weeks... then comes in for three minutes and shoots the lights out. SVG needs to work him into the game more. There are plenty of times when our opponent has a weak 2 guard in the game which would allow JJ to come in. Please SVG.
Defense was good tonight, all the way down the line. Even CA was playing D.
I too am worried about the effect JN will have on the newfound defensive prowess the Magic have been playing with.
It will be interesting to see how the team plays on the defensive end with Jameer in the lineup. Also let's see if the turnovers come back again with him. Like I said, he should come back as a reserve.
Laurent

Orlando, FL

#15 Jan 23, 2008
Also...I love Carlos' focus and heart. He's really fighting hard for that starting job. Good luck to him...I think he deserves it!

WE HAVE 2 ALL-STARS DWIGHT AND HEDO!!!
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#16 Jan 23, 2008
Nice win by the Magic. Hedu was lights out again! We are on a roll, but the next game is going to be tough. Detroit is going to want revenge. Not only does Chauncey Billups school Jameer, but Rasheed is a tough matchup for Dwight.

Everyone played well tonight. The defense was much improved and they took care of the ball. No let down tonight.

Man, they are going to Detroit in January, what a crappy place to be in the winter, well actually anytime. The city of Detroit is probably the worst city I've been to and I've done a TON of traveling in my life with my jobs....
Lmao

Satellite Beach, FL

#17 Jan 23, 2008
What does tact have to do with anything? You show about as much tact as a brick upside the head. Is this some special spelling you've invented?
Jim wrote:
Well ok I admit it, I was wrong about this one. The Magic came out and got it done tonight. The defense has picked up tremendously in the past 4 or 5 games.
I have said it all along that if this team plays defense the sky is the limit for them.
So because I said that if they play better defense then they will win this does not count as a blown prediction, therefore my winning percentage remains in tact.
Jim

Palm Bay, FL

#18 Jan 23, 2008
Lmao wrote:
What does tact have to do with anything? You show about as much tact as a brick upside the head. Is this some special spelling you've invented?
<quoted text>
Sorry about the typo. The correct spelling is intact, as is my near perfect record when it comes to making predictions.
Henry

El Paso, TX

#19 Jan 23, 2008
SVG, your team is starting on a defensive roll right now, don't let it screech to a halt by playing Nelson against Chauncey. Jameer will just ruin everything your team has build on the past 4 games.
Sixx

West Monroe, LA

#20 Jan 23, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about the typo. The correct spelling is intact, as is my near perfect record when it comes to making predictions.
I think it's hysterical that every time you are wrong you make an excuse and say you are still right! Hahahahaa!!!

Go Magic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Conley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memphis Grizzlies keep to game plan in playoffs (May '13) May '13 bandwagoners. 1
News How Much Is Tony Allen Worth to the Memphis Gri... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ladale 1
News Anthony, Durant claim NBA Player of the Week ho... (Dec '12) Dec '12 trekk 2
News Grizzlies brass like how team is coming together (Jul '12) Jul '12 AndybigDwiddie 2
News Gilbert Arenas: How Arenas Would Fit in Memphis... (Mar '12) Mar '12 barry38372 1
News Grizzlies visit Thunder for decisive Game 7 (May '11) May '11 memphis fan 1
News Grizzlies 104, Timberwolves 95: Minnesota loses... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Timberwoes 4
More from around the web