Allen Iverson expected to make Grizzl...

Allen Iverson expected to make Grizzlies debut Monday night at Sacramento

There are 5 comments on the WREG story from Nov 1, 2009, titled Allen Iverson expected to make Grizzlies debut Monday night at Sacramento. In it, WREG reports that:

Allen Iverson is expected to make his season debut for the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night at Sacramento.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

rock

Memphis, TN

#1 Nov 9, 2009
If I was AI I would retire instead of accepting a 6 man role on any team especially mismanaged teams like the Grizzleys. Legends like AI have earned the right to dictate their careers. Didn't Larry, Magic, Barkley, Isiah and the rest of the greats do the same? If he decides to retire, trade him to philly to annouce his retirement with the dignity he deserves. AI has earned that right
yeah yeah

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2009
he didnt wanna be here anyway yall dnt know that
GingerGirl33

Madison, AL

#3 Nov 10, 2009
Iverson is a talented player but it has to be in him to still have that love to play basketball and as a team player. He may have some issues that he needs to resolve before he will be able to play at his best. Whatever those issues are, I hope he will be able to move forward and start playing for the Grizzles again.
GingerGirl33

Madison, AL

#4 Nov 10, 2009
Grizzles always had talented players to come through and get traded to better teams (winning teams)Iverson is not an exception. He always had talent and was always a great player, but he never had the opportunity to play with a great team nor is he the best team player. Hate to see him go, but again he has to do what's best for him and what's left in his heart to do.

Since: Oct 09

Arlington, VA

#5 Nov 11, 2009
I heard he's going to call it a day and retire. He was quite the baller when he was in his prime but I guess he can't be a 6th man. Always enjoyed watching him play though - even when he was in college at Georgetown he had a lot of heart and always attacked the rim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Conley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memphis Grizzlies keep to game plan in playoffs (May '13) May '13 bandwagoners. 1
News How Much Is Tony Allen Worth to the Memphis Gri... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ladale 1
News Anthony, Durant claim NBA Player of the Week ho... (Dec '12) Dec '12 trekk 2
News Grizzlies brass like how team is coming together (Jul '12) Jul '12 AndybigDwiddie 2
News Gilbert Arenas: How Arenas Would Fit in Memphis... (Mar '12) Mar '12 barry38372 1
News Grizzlies visit Thunder for decisive Game 7 (May '11) May '11 memphis fan 1
News Grizzlies 104, Timberwolves 95: Minnesota loses... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Timberwoes 4
More from around the web