Money to $pend ::

Jan 6, 2008 | Posted by: No_More_Rexcuses | Full story: www.suntimes.com

Moving into an offseason that is as critical as it is uncertain, one of the Bears' strengths is their health in terms of the salary cap.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 07

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

dimz wrote:
<quoted text>
yep its confirmed you're a dumbass....i keep providing links and tell you to do math and you still dont see it....his total contract deal averages 5 million a year....add up the money. contracts in the NFL are structered in a manner different then that of other pro sports because of the salary cap. i wish you had the ability to provide something to this board other then "anti-rex" crap. its tired and old and we GET IT.
OK the LINK YOU PROVIDED proved my point ...Now you want to argue that? You wait over a week to come back and prove your ignorance again? Tell you what why don't you come back to me and talk about SALARY CAP issues when you can figure out the difference between 5 million and 2.5 million ...OK genius..

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

No_More_Rexcuses wrote:
<quoted text>OK the LINK YOU PROVIDED proved my point ...Now you want to argue that? You wait over a week to come back and prove your ignorance again? Tell you what why don't you come back to me and talk about SALARY CAP issues when you can figure out the difference between 5 million and 2.5 million ...OK genius..
Where are you getting 2.5 million from? Even if you take his base contract at 14.5 for 5 years and disregard the incentives and bonus, you still get over 3 million a year? Where are you getting 2.5 mil from?

And I'm not doing this just because I don't like you, NMR - but his total contract averages out to OVER 5 mil, so dimz is right. Not sure where you got 2.5 from...

Can you show us in a post how you calculated this?

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Rex Is Our Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Where are you getting 2.5 million from? Even if you take his base contract at 14.5 for 5 years and disregard the incentives and bonus, you still get over 3 million a year? Where are you getting 2.5 mil from?
And I'm not doing this just because I don't like you, NMR - but his total contract averages out to OVER 5 mil, so dimz is right. Not sure where you got 2.5 from...
Really ...Go look at dimz link he provided its right there...

You two must share the same brain because you both just follow around my posts and back each other up......Hmmmm.

We are talking about SALARY CAP...The average per year is not what its based on....He got A LOT of his money in the first year..So now his CAP NUMBER is small...ABOUT 2.5 MILLION...Come on guys ..I know your smarter than this.

Aren't you?

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Rex Is Our Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
HERES THE LINK....http://www.rotoworld.c om/content/playerpages/player_ contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id =263

Read it....It says he signed a 5 year 14.5 million contact....and contains another 8.5 million in PLAYING TIME INCENTIVES...

So first of all how about basic math for RIOG....

+14.5
----------
23.0 with me so far?

now divide that by the number of years...which is 5

23/5 = 4.6 per year AVERAGE.....

However since 8.5 million of that is based on "play-time incentives" so you can't even figure that into his salary..Unless dimz happens to know what the escalators are we can't even speculate on that...

So Grieses salary for '07 was 1.55...Yes..1.55 ...go look at the link...How much more he gets based on play time incentive I don't know...but Im sure dimz has an answer..

Next season will be 1.7...'09 will be 2.1 and '10 will be 2.65...And every year has play time incentives.

The whole thing is about the salary cap and not what his contract averages...So heres my question to you...how the hell are you getting 5 million/year...You break it down for me.

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

I can't believe your still arguing this....Even after I broke it down for you...I guess I gave you a little too much credit to figure this one out...

Lets just say that he AVERAGES 5 million a year ..WHICH HE DOESN'T...His salary for the '07 season counted as 1.6 million against the salary cap..1.25 million(+300,000 roster bonus + 50,000 workout bonus)

+ 50,000
----------
1,600,000.........THATS HARDLY 5 MILLION........

Lets see.....

----------

So are you telling me Griese earned 3.4 million in play time incentives? If so what were they...AND I DID FIGURE THE INCENTIVES INTO THE EQUATION....I FIGURED THE MAXIMUM..HOLY SHIT YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT...WHO TURNED ON THE COMPUTER FOR YOU...

Who cares what the salary averages you fool its the CAP FIGURE....I swear you must be related to RIOG.

Go back to school you tard.

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

HOW.....SHOW ME.....

You can't prove your point so you have to resort to name calling? Are you for real kid? The link YOU POSTED even proved my point.....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

No_More_Rexcuses wrote:
HOW.....SHOW ME.....
You can't prove your point so you have to resort to name calling? Are you for real kid? The link YOU POSTED even proved my point.....
14.5 / 5 - WITHOUT INCENVTIVES still averages out to nearly THREE million a year? WHERE ARE YOU GETTING 2.5?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Brown Discussions

Search the Mike Brown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
Phil Jackson to advise Pistons on coaching hire (May '13) Aug '13 Raj Human at Nature 2
Lakers Notebook: Bernie Bickerstaff, Chuck Pers... (May '13) May '13 Bill R 2
No Re-Phil: Los Angeles Lakers Hire Mike D'Anto... (Nov '12) Nov '12 j perez 1
Lakers' Championship Hopes Depend On How Well T... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Heatpeat 2
Have we found Planet X? (Mar '11) Mar '11 Nibiru 1
O'Neal's numbers take a dip | The Columbus Disp... (Dec '09) Dec '09 shaqfanfromLA 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••