Heat makes pitch to Mo Williams

Heat makes pitch to Mo Williams

There are 26 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 8, 2007, titled Heat makes pitch to Mo Williams. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

An NBA source confirmed Sunday that Heat coach Pat Riley and members of the team's front office met Saturday with Bucks free-agent point guard Mo Williams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BOBO

Sevierville, TN

#1 Jul 8, 2007
FIRST!
Mike-Man

Lake Worth, FL

#2 Jul 8, 2007
Second!
Seriously WTF

Jupiter, FL

#4 Jul 8, 2007
Are you kidding me, might as well keep J Williams, this guy is a looser too. The heat need to get their butt out of their butt!!!!
stinky

Hialeah, FL

#5 Jul 8, 2007
who?
BFD

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Jul 8, 2007
Hey Bobo, is it that boring there is Tennessee? I guess at least you finished on top in something in life. Congratulations, Bobo!
Beighs

AOL

#7 Jul 8, 2007
"NBA Sources?" I think you read that on Miamiherald.com
Ismael

Miami, FL

#8 Jul 8, 2007
I think that Mo Williams would bring great energy and more young talent to this heat team. I also think if they do trade J Will they should be able to resign James Posey to the Mid Level. James Posey did play his heart out the last 2 seasons. So I think he deserves that. If not then bring in Stee Blake also or Ron Artest.
Kevin

Hialeah, FL

#9 Jul 8, 2007
This is perfect if we can get him. Imagine our rotation
Shaq-Zo-Doleac
Wade-Cook-Jones
Haslem-Barron/Simien-Wright
Maggette/Posey-Walker-Wright
M.Williams-Quinn

I think if we sign him all we need to do then is resign Posey or sign him then trade him and JWill for Maggatte. Keep Walker because no one wants him and keep Doleac unless you have to package him.
crossover

Coral Gables, FL

#10 Jul 8, 2007
The Heat need a poised fast breaking point guard, not a ball hog. The Heat proved last season that they needed someone that could create plays especially when Wade was on the pine. There is only one point guard like that available and it isn't Mo Williams. Bad choice Mr. Riley! Fortunately for the Nuggets, you've missed this opportunity!!
Rob Z

Hialeah, FL

#12 Jul 8, 2007
BFD wrote:
Hey Bobo, is it that boring there is Tennessee? I guess at least you finished on top in something in life. Congratulations, Bobo!
Actually Tennessee may not be that fun but it sure kicks the shit out of South Florida when you are talking about "fun". heheheh
Vato Loco

Hialeah, FL

#13 Jul 8, 2007
Mo would be a good pick up...but...nobody has said anything about Wallace. Any insight?
Rob Z

Hialeah, FL

#15 Jul 8, 2007
Filmore Slim wrote:
A shoot first point guard is the last thing the heat needs. With all the open shots that Shaq and Wade create. They need shooters, shooters, and more shooters. Letting Kapono go will prove to be a bone head move. Now who is going to be the starting forward Antione Walker? Lord have mercy on us all.
J-Will has a lot to prove this year. If he can't stay healthy for one season. Who will sign him when his contract is up?
I agree.. signing Kapono to Toronto will probably prove to be the Heat's biggest mistake as of yet. Then I heard they are letting go of Posey what the hell?? No starter forward.. Miami needs to pick up either Mo Williams or I even heard Chauncey Billups was a free agent. J Will will have to stay healthy then.
Its All About the U

United States

#16 Jul 8, 2007
Is it possible to make J-Will and Toine a sweet offer to RETIRE. Think of the cap savings. These guys won't play in the league after their contracts expire.

Say a front office position guaranteed for three years and some stock in Carnival.
CanesHeatFins

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Jul 8, 2007
This is a no brainer if MO comes over for the mid-level. Bottom line we need another proven scorer who can create his own shot. Steve Blake is not that guy because 6 ppg on 41percent shooting and only a 32% for 3pt shots will not get it done for a championship caliber team. Would care about this guy if he wasn't from south Florida? I'd take Janero Pargo for the minimum before I touch Blake and his price tag.
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#18 Jul 8, 2007
Rob Z wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.. signing Kapono to Toronto will probably prove to be the Heat's biggest mistake as of yet. Then I heard they are letting go of Posey what the hell?? No starter forward.. Miami needs to pick up either Mo Williams or I even heard Chauncey Billups was a free agent. J Will will have to stay healthy then.
signing you to life was god's biggest mistake and your mama.Take it with a grain of salt dude.Your team got lucky last year cause they played Dallas. We all know about Dallas. Your team is old and decrepid. Not to mention a fat overgrown rapper named well do we have to. they are done idiot. Tahnk for Kopano though.Seems he was not that important to a down falling team.SO sad.
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#19 Jul 8, 2007
Rob Z wrote:
<quoted text>
And you thought you were getting Billups....ahahahahaahahahahaa hahahahh.stick with what you got...Nothing.. don't Payton,shaq,and Mourning collect pension this year? suckers
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#20 Jul 8, 2007
What the Heat needs is an overhaul. Maybe a good dosage of geritol could help Pat. Stop guessing what you need...its pretty obvious what you have now.Basically a retired washed up rapper, kidney less bafoon, an addicted stripper going ex sonic,brycream slick back 80's coach. They wern't champs these were chumps!
sucka

Lilydale, Australia

#21 Jul 8, 2007
all bs you know the heat will sign steve blake to the mid level exception
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#22 Jul 8, 2007
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>signing you to life was god's biggest mistake and your mama.Take it with a grain of salt dude.Your team got lucky last year cause they played Dallas. We all know about Dallas. Your team is old and decrepid. Not to mention a fat overgrown rapper named well do we have to. they are done idiot. Tahnk for Kopano though.Seems he was not that important to a down falling team.SO sad.
Learn from a buch of real old guys the Spurs
Rob Z

Hialeah, FL

#23 Jul 8, 2007
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>signing you to life was god's biggest mistake and your mama.Take it with a grain of salt dude.Your team got lucky last year cause they played Dallas. We all know about Dallas. Your team is old and decrepid. Not to mention a fat overgrown rapper named well do we have to. they are done idiot. Tahnk for Kopano though.Seems he was not that important to a down falling team.SO sad.
OH here we go again.. sammy the DICK comes out of his comes out of his ass again. You Canadians make me sick. We own your Raps and you know it u fool. We got lucky against Dallas? What are u crazy yea u are b/c ur Canadian.. hahaha f*ck off dick head. We outplayed Dallas every bit but I guess ur just jealous that ur Raps still suck. hahahah Canada sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Redd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News Why Michael Redd Should Never Play for the Milw... (May '10) Jun '10 matt 2
News Choose Best Single-Season Performance In Ohio S... (Feb '10) Mar '10 luckyduffer 54 9
News Chris Mannix: Bucks keep sights set on 2011 (Feb '10) Feb '10 Pete Saas 1
News Orlando Magic vs. Milwaukee Bucks live blog (Jan '10) Jan '10 Maroussia 1
News Dallas Mavericks trade former Gopher Kris Humph... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Hmmmmmmmmmm 2
News NBA: Cavs coast over Bucks | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '09) Dec '09 Darin Smith 2
More from around the web