No clear No. 1 option

No clear No. 1 option

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 24, 2007, titled No clear No. 1 option. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

For nearly 18 seasons, the young fans dressed in replica blue and gold jerseys eating popcorn while cheering on the Indiana Pacers knew who would have the ball in the final seconds of a close game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Carey from Carmel IN

Louisville, KY

#1 Feb 25, 2007
Pacers must decide to play with matched intensity and defensive pride.

We have to raise our expectations and get hungry and stay hungry and aggressive.

We must play with the expectation of winning (aggressive)-not to keep from losing (on heels).

When we do this and all players in the rotation are giving 110% EACH becomes a possible option with all hungry for the ball and in the rhythm to hit the game winning shot.

Everyone has to be playing hard and expect to hit the shot and win-whoever's hands the ball ends up in!

Sounds like a career opportunity for the real man to step forward and consistently drop the shot and become the obvious "go to man". It demands 110% every night though.
Jeremy

Peoria, IL

#2 Feb 25, 2007
Too bad Marquis is a felon otherwise I think he would be a fan favorite. Agree?
indianajt

Newark, OH

#3 Feb 25, 2007
If I was in trouble, i think I would want Tinsley doing the shooting...He has had more practice....
Jeremy wrote:
Too bad Marquis is a felon otherwise I think he would be a fan favorite. Agree?
Carolyn

United States

#4 Feb 25, 2007
Pacers, seem to trade 3 point shooters.
Why not find one or make one and KEEP him. I know maybe 1 could train everyday and make it happen...
jct

New Albany, IN

#5 Feb 25, 2007
Seems like we lost our 'go to guy' when we got rid of Austin Croshere. He was the closest player to a Reggie Miller type we've had in years. Larry drafted him for, just that reason. He should have known too. Anyway, our problem is...we let too many games come down to that last shot situation. The start of the fourth quarter, when the second unit is on the floor is where it all starts. Why not use the reserves all thru out the game when there's time for them to play with the starters...instead as a complete unit. It hurts everyone to cool down that much then expect them to return at full speed. J.O. and Danny Granger both need to average forty minute. But a short three, four minute break every now and then would work, and they would still be warm when they return to the action.
Justin O

Chicago, IL

#6 Feb 25, 2007
Why would Daniels think he should want the last shot! He has one of the worst FG% on the team! That guy has a very mediocre jump shot at best. Our best shooter coming off the screen in a buzzer beater situation is Granger or Armstrong. And if the pacers management wants granger to become our next superstar player, then better just draw the play for him everytime, eventually he will start knocking them down.
CAROL COLVIN

Stockton, CA

#7 Feb 25, 2007
I THINK WE HAVE A FEW OTHERS WHO COULD DO THE JOB. MURPHY IS GOOD,AND DUNLEAVY,AS WELL AS GRANGER,DANIELS,& ARMSTRONG. WE HAVE A PRETTY GREAT BUNCH RIGHT NOW AND EVEN THO I SOMETIMES GET UPSET WHEN THERE ARE TROUBLES, I AM STILL A PACER FAN AND I WILL REMAIN SO AND SUPPORT OUR TEAM. ALSO, I WANT TO COMMENT ON THE REMARKS THAT MURPHY MADE THE OTHER DAY. I THINK IT WAS A WONDERFUL THING HE DID, SPEAKING OUT ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF AND THE OTHERS WHO WERE TRADED HERE. I SURE HOPE THEY ALL STAY BECAUSE I FEEL THEY ARE ALL ASSETS TO THE PACERS AND I FEEL THE POWERS THAT BE MADE SOME GOOD CHOICES. WELCOME TO HOOSIERLAND GUYS, AND TO THE PACERS.
Andrew

United States

#8 Feb 25, 2007
your starting to see that marquis is arguably the most undervalued guard in the league - good thing. FYI, put him at the point and this would be a whole different team
TRADE FOR KIDD

Evansville, IN

#9 Feb 25, 2007
Shoot I say just trade tinsley danniesl and one other frebie to the Nets for Jason Kidd.
TRADE FOR KIDD

Evansville, IN

#10 Feb 25, 2007
sorry I meant to say Danniels
DRAFT WRONG

Evansville, IN

#11 Feb 25, 2007
This team draft's WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYy too many forwards!!!!!!

The draft isn't about who's the best athlete, it's about what the team needs the most and yes I will admit Shawnnie Williams is better then Dee Brown and that Point guard from Uconn, but the other 2 fit the Pacers better, there for had they drafted them they'd be a much better team.

So Bird and Walsh I'm begging you right now STOP DRAFTING AND TRADING FOR ALL THOES DAMN FORWARD, we have enough as it is, we CLEARLY need guards point or shooting!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Redd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News Why Michael Redd Should Never Play for the Milw... (May '10) Jun '10 matt 2
News Choose Best Single-Season Performance In Ohio S... (Feb '10) Mar '10 luckyduffer 54 9
News Chris Mannix: Bucks keep sights set on 2011 (Feb '10) Feb '10 Pete Saas 1
News Orlando Magic vs. Milwaukee Bucks live blog (Jan '10) Jan '10 Maroussia 1
News Dallas Mavericks trade former Gopher Kris Humph... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Hmmmmmmmmmm 2
News NBA: Cavs coast over Bucks | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '09) Dec '09 Darin Smith 2
More from around the web