Orlando Magic sign GM Otis Smith to c...

Orlando Magic sign GM Otis Smith to contract extension -- Baske...

There are 31 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Orlando Magic sign GM Otis Smith to contract extension -- Baske.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Before last season began, General Manager Otis Smith mailed a postcard to every player, coach and basketball operations employee with the Orlando Magic .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Conway

Erie, PA

#21 Jun 6, 2008
we need to go for maggette and artest (maybe) we have a the mid level exception for either and a sign and trade for the other, we would be unstoppable
Sixx

Palm Bay, FL

#22 Jun 7, 2008
"I don't look at those picks as failures," he said. Well HELLO! It's good to draft guys that can't/won't play for your team? Must be a new strategy.

I agree that a PF is crucial. Great that Battie will be in uniform next season but sure would be nice if we could get a young physical Big to help Dwight.

Not playing Gortat more all season was a huge mistake and Foyle is just too old.

The problem is where they are picking and their ability to evaluate talent.

The next problem is going to be what to do with RL and HT (assuming they pick up a forward.) My guess is they avoid this problem by drafting a 2 guard as I don't think they have the guts to trade Hedo.

Grand Master

AOL

#23 Jun 8, 2008
Dont matter what they do. They will still be an also ran team in the NBA cause they run by dumba-ss-es
They bad racial.

Period.
Dan

San Antonio, TX

#24 Jun 8, 2008
Tre wrote:
<quoted text>
Granger would not have been able to play PF like Lewis did this past year, and you are dreaming if you think Chauncey would have left Detroit.
Well Granger would be on a rookie contract, instead of eating up $17M per year, so we could have re-signed Darko or picked up a legit PF and signed an above average PG. Point is, if we had drafted better we'd be in alot better situation than we are now.
Dan

San Antonio, TX

#25 Jun 8, 2008
Grand Master wrote:
Dont matter what they do. They will still be an also ran team in the NBA cause they run by dumba-ss-es
They bad racial.
Period.
You bad grammer...
Dan

San Antonio, TX

#26 Jun 8, 2008
Oh and Tre, Billups would have left Detroit if the money was right...dont be naive.
Grand Master

AOL

#27 Jun 9, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You bad grammer...
You be bad speller = "grammar"
Willie DEE

Columbia, SC

#29 Jun 11, 2008
Hey Smith take D.J. White. you broads he got it. Charges he go it. blocks he got it. Most off all he effective on the baselines with his jumper. i've been checking on him and Big Dwight for years. get him don't trade neither. let them build on each other. he's a 18 and 12 guy trust me. you play around the bucks are going to be on the broads next year. you better keep up.
Willie DEE

Columbia, SC

#30 Jun 11, 2008
i agree with conway to. go get maggette. big banger-slasher-point collector. also billups on the map to. Robin lopez second round not so bad. artest lock down defender. something you was lacking last year. evans is a ROAD PLAYER REMEBER THAT PLEASE.
Morris

Satellite Beach, FL

#31 Jun 11, 2008
I would like to see Gilbert Arenas in a Magic uniform. Could the Magic offer him a big contract, then when Washington see that they are getting nothing for him, do a sign and trade.
Marvin

Tampa, FL

#33 Jun 23, 2008
Now I am not taking up for Otis b/c signing Lewis for 120 mil is just stupid. But, what I don't understand is how can some of you people keep putting down Nelson and talk about turnovers as if he is the worse pg in the league. I did some research and do you know he average 2 turnovers a game? Steve Nash 3.6, Chris paul 2.5, Deron williams, 3.4, Chauncey billups 2 and oh btw rajon rondo 1.9. I write this b/c we can win a title with nelson as the pg if the celtics can win with sorry Rondo. The team around him has to improve as well. Everybody on the team can't be above average or all star status and thats why its a TEAM thing. Our glaring weaknesses are PF and a SG. Thats should be our focus. And BTW, whoever they chose just may not be of all star Status. The SG may be above average and the PF just average. With the return of Battie and another average PF would make us much better than we were last year. Oh yea, throw in an above average sg and we are extremely better. Then you won't be talking about Nelson. Its a TEAM and last I check, there has not been many teams that won the championship where all the players were above average. Someone has to be average or should I say role players to compliment the stars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maurice Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawks power past slumping Pacers (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
Maurice Evans girlfriend (Jun '07) Aug '10 Kristin 28
News Dr. Trade: One Trade, Two Fixes for the Suns an... (Aug '09) Aug '09 krishawn 1
News Dwyane Wade feeling better, Heat feeling disres... (Apr '09) May '09 kenny 49
News Magic trade Dooling for salary-cap room (Jul '08) Jul '08 Mike Bianchi 73
News J.J. Redick acknowledges dim future with Orland... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Skeezix 118
News Orlando Magic could sign former Gator Jason Wil... (Jul '08) Jul '08 magic_fan 38
More from around the web