The Orlando Magic trade Trevor Ariza ...

The Orlando Magic trade Trevor Ariza to the Lakers for power fo...

There are 73 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 21, 2007, titled The Orlando Magic trade Trevor Ariza to the Lakers for power fo.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Trevor Ariza became the odd-man out of the Orlando Magic's plans after a fateful chain of events.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

United States

#61 Nov 21, 2007
LEno wrote:
Had we kept Darko instead of paying stupid crazy money to Lewis, this wouldn't be happening. Hedo used to play 2 for the Spurs, so we could have played Nelson, TUrk, Lewis, Darko, Howard. Battie coming off the bench for Dwight and Darko, Ariza covering Turk and Lewis, and our 10 point guards coming in for Nelson.
Excuse me... Are you paying attention? The Orlando Magic are ahead in their division. Something that the Darko days did not see. They are undefeated on the road. That means that they are a better DEFENSIVE team with Foyle in the middle spelling Howard, and sometimes playing there with him in tandem.

The Orlando Magic are also a better OFFENSIVE team, getting more production out of the middle because defenses can no longer collapse on Howard because the Magic have a consistant outside scorer in Lewis.

Nobody in Orlando is shedding a tear over losing Darko. In fact your bringing him up is the only reminder that he was in a Magic uniform last year since he got released.

Lewis - Money well spent. Foyle - Ditto.

With this trade, the Magic are a deeper, and by the way, where the heck is Darko now?

Never mind, it don't matter!
LovingAriza

North Hollywood, CA

#62 Jan 9, 2008
Lakers fan here. Never heard of Trevor Ariza but now am really enjoying watching this kid. He's fitting in well with our squad- we needed the D, and his athletic cutting movement pays off with rebounds and some put backs. He doesn't seem to have a great shot, but he can fly through the lane and throw it down, then stifle the opponent's lead scorer. Lakers 10 of last 12... Friggn lovin it. Keep you eye on Bynum as well. We can always fall back on Kobe and Odom if those guys don't get it done... I Loooooovvvee LA
HUEY FREEMAN

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#63 Jan 9, 2008
LovingAriza wrote:
Lakers fan here. Never heard of Trevor Ariza but now am really enjoying watching this kid. He's fitting in well with our squad- we needed the D, and his athletic cutting movement pays off with rebounds and some put backs. He doesn't seem to have a great shot, but he can fly through the lane and throw it down, then stifle the opponent's lead scorer. Lakers 10 of last 12... Friggn lovin it. Keep you eye on Bynum as well. We can always fall back on Kobe and Odom if those guys don't get it done... I Loooooovvvee LA
MAGIC BEAT LAKERS AT STAPLES

HUSH YOURSELF

YOU CAN NOT BEAT SAN ANTONIO IN A 7 GAME SERIES ANYWAY

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#64 Jan 10, 2008
LovingAriza

North Hollywood, CA

#65 Jan 11, 2008
HUEY FREEMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
MAGIC BEAT LAKERS AT STAPLES
HUSH YOURSELF
YOU CAN NOT BEAT SAN ANTONIO IN A 7 GAME SERIES ANYWAY
We'll see, I think we got a good shot at it. I'm more worried about Boston and Deeeeetroit than San Antonihoe bags. Not worried about Orlando at all... ahhhhhhhhhh
RORSCHACH

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#66 Jan 11, 2008
LovingAriza wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll see, I think we got a good shot at it. I'm more worried about Boston and Deeeeetroit than San Antonihoe bags. Not worried about Orlando at all... ahhhhhhhhhh
YES I CAN SEE HOW WISE AN NBA FAN YOU ARE

LOL

KOBE HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER MATCH JORDANS 87-88 SEASON

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

AND YOU SHOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT MAGIC WE ALREADY M
KILLED YOUR TEAM AND THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL MAKE IT TO THE FINALS TO SEE THEM

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#67 Jan 13, 2008
RORSCHACH wrote:
<quoted text>
YES I CAN SEE HOW WISE AN NBA FAN YOU ARE
LOL
KOBE HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER MATCH JORDANS 87-88 SEASON
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
AND YOU SHOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT MAGIC WE ALREADY M
KILLED YOUR TEAM AND THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL MAKE IT TO THE FINALS TO SEE THEM
Relax, the Lakers need to go Orlando and repay the MAGIC the visit.

Check what happened to the Hornets... and they beat the Lakers worst than the MAGIC DID.

Remember this date FEB 8.... pay back is coming.
Dr you make we scrape

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#68 Jan 14, 2008
SURE IT IS
joe

Valencia, CA

#69 Jan 14, 2008
I guess you haven't been actually FOLLOWING this season. We are 1-1 against San Antonio this year. 2-0 against Phoenix. 1-0 against Detroit. The only team we can't seem to beat is Boston.

We played Orlando EARLY in the season. The Lakers weren't playing to the level they're playing at now. Bynum was progressing but not dominating the way he's doing it now. It will be a totally different Laker team than the one you faced a few months ago so I wouldn't claim superiority yet.

Kobe is Kobe, Jordan was Jordan. Jordan was the best player in his time. Kobe is the best player today and the way the Lakers are playing right now, Kobe doesn't need to be Jordan. Sometimes, Kobe doesn't need to be Kobe himself for the lakers to win which for fans, is very relieving!

Lastly, The only team right now that can keep us from the finals is San Antonio. But don't under estimate the Lakers. Plus, even if we were to make it to the Finals, it would be Boston who we would be facing and a long shot Detroit. Definitely not Orlando.
RORSCHACH wrote:
<quoted text>
YES I CAN SEE HOW WISE AN NBA FAN YOU ARE
LOL
KOBE HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER MATCH JORDANS 87-88 SEASON
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
AND YOU SHOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT MAGIC WE ALREADY M
KILLED YOUR TEAM AND THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL MAKE IT TO THE FINALS TO SEE THEM

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#70 Jan 14, 2008
joe wrote:
I guess you haven't been actually FOLLOWING this season. We are 1-1 against San Antonio this year. 2-0 against Phoenix. 1-0 against Detroit. The only team we can't seem to beat is Boston.
We played Orlando EARLY in the season. The Lakers weren't playing to the level they're playing at now. Bynum was progressing but not dominating the way he's doing it now. It will be a totally different Laker team than the one you faced a few months ago so I wouldn't claim superiority yet.
Kobe is Kobe, Jordan was Jordan. Jordan was the best player in his time. Kobe is the best player today and the way the Lakers are playing right now, Kobe doesn't need to be Jordan. Sometimes, Kobe doesn't need to be Kobe himself for the lakers to win which for fans, is very relieving!
Lastly, The only team right now that can keep us from the finals is San Antonio. But don't under estimate the Lakers. Plus, even if we were to make it to the Finals, it would be Boston who we would be facing and a long shot Detroit. Definitely not Orlando.
<quoted text>
The Lakers have not play the MAVS yet, let's way and see how they do againts the Mavs first.
I hope Bynum is okay without him there goes the season.
WEALTHY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#71 Jan 14, 2008
joe wrote:
I guess you haven't been actually FOLLOWING this season. We are 1-1 against San Antonio this year. 2-0 against Phoenix. 1-0 against Detroit. The only team we can't seem to beat is Boston.
We played Orlando EARLY in the season. The Lakers weren't playing to the level they're playing at now. Bynum was progressing but not dominating the way he's doing it now. It will be a totally different Laker team than the one you faced a few months ago so I wouldn't claim superiority yet.
Kobe is Kobe, Jordan was Jordan. Jordan was the best player in his time. Kobe is the best player today and the way the Lakers are playing right now, Kobe doesn't need to be Jordan. Sometimes, Kobe doesn't need to be Kobe himself for the lakers to win which for fans, is very relieving!
Lastly, The only team right now that can keep us from the finals is San Antonio. But don't under estimate the Lakers. Plus, even if we were to make it to the Finals, it would be Boston who we would be facing and a long shot Detroit. Definitely not Orlando.
<quoted text>
YES I AGREE ANDREW BYNUM WILL DOMINATE DWIGHT HOWARD

LET ME ECHO WHAT THIS WISE MAN STATED, AS AN OUTSIDE OBSERVER OF COURSE.

ANDREW BYNUM OF THE LA LAKERS WILL DOMINATE DWIGHT HOWARD.

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT
joe

Valencia, CA

#72 Jan 14, 2008
sadly, bynum is ou 8 weeks :-(

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#73 Jan 14, 2008
joe wrote:
sadly, bynum is ou 8 weeks :-(
The Lakers are big trouble without Bynum he is their most important player if you look at the Laker stats without him the Lakers might be in for a losing streak of about 8 weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maurice Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawks power past slumping Pacers (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
Maurice Evans girlfriend (Jun '07) Aug '10 Kristin 28
News Dr. Trade: One Trade, Two Fixes for the Suns an... (Aug '09) Aug '09 krishawn 1
News Dwyane Wade feeling better, Heat feeling disres... (Apr '09) May '09 kenny 49
News Magic trade Dooling for salary-cap room (Jul '08) Jul '08 Mike Bianchi 73
News J.J. Redick acknowledges dim future with Orland... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Skeezix 118
News Orlando Magic could sign former Gator Jason Wil... (Jul '08) Jul '08 magic_fan 38
More from around the web