Hot-shooting Magic hold off Raptors t...

Hot-shooting Magic hold off Raptors to win playoff opener

There are 167 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 20, 2008, titled Hot-shooting Magic hold off Raptors to win playoff opener. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic won their first playoff game since 2003, pounding the Toronto Raptors , 114-100, Sunday afternoon at Amway Arena to open the best-of-seven, first-round series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Luke

LogroƱo, Spain

#170 Apr 22, 2008
Not so fast, Philly has only won game 1.
They finish the season as a very hot team, but I'm not sure they are good enough to beat Detroit.

It will be interesting to follow...
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying Fred that the Magic can't beat Philly.
Yes lets face reality right now the Pistons are down 0-1 to Philly that means they lost home court advantage to Philly everything has changed.
So Fred what were you saying about reality???

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#171 Apr 22, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me why this was a negative post? The Toronto news papers were saying that the Raptors cannot beat the Magic.
Sounds really positive to me for the Magic.
Not your post.
I meant that was a negative post on that newspaper for toronto....I just put them down instead of putting something positive.
Jim

United States

#172 Apr 22, 2008
Either the Magic will win tonight or the Raptors will lose. The arena will be rocking. The atmosphere will be festive. Stuff will have the fans all fired up. It doesn't get any better than this folks !!!
LMAO

AOL

#173 Apr 22, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this part of your post fits LMAO to a T as in You have a moronic attitude
So we have learned that you hate Redick and all those white Duke basketball players. Your words not mine.
Plus you don't like Coach SVG. Anybody that you like besides your self. No I thought so.
You are a total fool. For months on end all I have ever wanted is JJ to get a chance. I now want him traded, period. He will never get a shot here.

But you did get 2/3's of your response correct... I hate Van Gundy he only has 2 seasons plus 21 games as an NBA head coach.

Once again: He was 42-40 1st year.
He was 59-21 when Riley got him Shaq.
That next season he went 11-10. He got fired and they put him back in an office where he belongs.

Lastly...I like Duke and all the things it stands for and I like many things...and, YES, I LIKE ME!

:)

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#174 Apr 22, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a total fool. For months on end all I have ever wanted is JJ to get a chance. I now want him traded, period. He will never get a shot here.
But you did get 2/3's of your response correct... I hate Van Gundy he only has 2 seasons plus 21 games as an NBA head coach.
That next season he went 11-10. He got fired and they put him back in an office where he belongs.
Lastly...I like Duke and all the things it stands for and I like many things...and, YES, I LIKE ME!
You were the one making statements about white players and Duke and Redick all in one post. Most of your posts have been plain mean spirited. I haven't seen any that would be considered supportive most are just .......... but considering the source I guess we can't all expect anything better.
Your statements about SVG's coaching record are not correct, but like I said we can't expect you to post anything..........that says it all.
MAGICFAN2000

Lake Mary, FL

#175 Apr 23, 2008
Dwight Howard all over you Dwight Howard!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go Dwight You da man
my first born will be named Dwight
Seriously though- nobody can sleep on Dwight or the Magic anymore. No center or power forward in the game can gaurd him, and if he starts hitting that 20 footer like in game 1 he might end up being among the greatest the game has ever seen!
old POS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#177 Apr 27, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the magic are gonna draft beasley in the 09 draft right

even though he declared for the 08 draft

this kid is the victim of a misdiagnoses of ADD

he should have been treated for DUMB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maurice Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawks power past slumping Pacers (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
Maurice Evans girlfriend (Jun '07) Aug '10 Kristin 28
News Dr. Trade: One Trade, Two Fixes for the Suns an... (Aug '09) Aug '09 krishawn 1
News Dwyane Wade feeling better, Heat feeling disres... (Apr '09) May '09 kenny 49
News Magic trade Dooling for salary-cap room (Jul '08) Jul '08 Mike Bianchi 73
News J.J. Redick acknowledges dim future with Orland... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Skeezix 118
News Orlando Magic could sign former Gator Jason Wil... (Jul '08) Jul '08 magic_fan 38
More from around the web