Hot-shooting Magic hold off Raptors to win playoff opener

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The Orlando Magic won their first playoff game since 2003, pounding the Toronto Raptors , 114-100, Sunday afternoon at Amway Arena to open the best-of-seven, first-round series.
Comments
1 - 20 of 167 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2008
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Cartmanesque

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

...just got home. That was fun... so much for all the 4 and out haters
Michael In Ocoee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Cartmanesque wrote:
...just got home. That was fun... so much for all the 4 and out haters
Let's see if they have the guts to come in and take their lumps?
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

that was an awesome game i just hope that we can gain momentum and sweep them in 4 then get some and prepare for detroit.
STH

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Great performance by whole team. Dwight had the Raptors scared to come into the paint. I was most impressed with Reshard Lewis who really frustrated Bosh. That was the matchup that I was most concerned with and Lewis played Bosh very well. if he keeps the same defensive intensity, we could sweep these guys and get ready for Detroit.
JLynx

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

The concourse after the game was as loud as I've ever heard. What a great game to watch in person.
Luke

Usúrbil, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

My prediction is already wrong.

And I couldn't be happier about that.

Next!
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Lewis did what he did all season, play good enough defense on a position that he's not. He did a great job frustrating Bosh and Howard took over the game defensively.

Oh, and I think Nelson was pretty good also, as he made the Raptors look silly out there.
Cherokee

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

It is nice to see the Magic remember how to shock the other team. Throwing up three pointers will always do that.
Gabe

East Hampton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Chris Bosh's Departure made a big difference to the Magic's Offense and people are glad that Howard was not in foul trouble. It was obviously the complete opposite.

Go Magic!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Loblaw

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Superman dominates. Nelson had the best game of the year for him. If they both keep playing like that we can go deep in the playoffs.
Timbo

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

The Magic played very well today. I'm encouraged by their performance and hope it carries on throughout the playoffs. Hopefully, they could win this series in 4 or 5 games and shock the world.
newjerseymagic

Bridgewater, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!
c2uk

Woking, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Yes, what an impressive win!
Gramps

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Why is it that the Magic/Toronto series has only two of the first four games on national TV and the other series all have 4 on national TV. NO RESPECT !!!
bobby

Morristown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Dwight is really off to a great start trying to be remembered in these playoffs. J Nel played very well and penetrated whenever he wanted to. Turk played... well, like Turk and Rashard's D was to perfection against Bosh. Keep it up and get the crowd even louder for Game 2.
Back to 95

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Raptors did not look prepared in the first period and by then the game was over. Go Magic! Let's see if those extra tickets can sell faster now!! Start believeing!!
THE SHADOW KNOWS

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Hope is there if they start fast as they have a hard time finishing
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

jameer outscored tj ford and jose calderon 24 to 19. I had a typo in my last post and there should be a rest after the word some.GOO MAGICC!!!!!!!!!!
Outatime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

It will be interesting to see what adjustments each team makes for Game 2. If the Magic keep their focus and play with that kind of energy, any team in the league would have a problem with them. What is clear from Game 1 is that the Raptors did not expect the Magic to shoot as well as they did to start the game.

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Well that is one down 3 to go. The great part is our PGs did great. As long as they outperform the other teams PG it will be very difficult to beat us. To me that will be the key to this series.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maurice Evans Discussions

Search the Maurice Evans Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawks power past slumping Pacers (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
Maurice Evans girlfriend (Jun '07) Aug '10 Kristin 28
Dr. Trade: One Trade, Two Fixes for the Suns an... (Aug '09) Aug '09 krishawn 1
Dwyane Wade feeling better, Heat feeling disres... (Apr '09) May '09 kenny 49
Magic trade Dooling for salary-cap room (Jul '08) Jul '08 Mike Bianchi 73
J.J. Redick acknowledges dim future with Orland... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Skeezix 118
Orlando Magic could sign former Gator Jason Wil... (Jul '08) Jul '08 magic_fan 38
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••