Kobe's Streak Ends; Lakers Embarrassed

Kobe's Streak Ends; Lakers Embarrassed

There are 35 comments on the The Associated Press story from Mar 27, 2007, titled Kobe's Streak Ends; Lakers Embarrassed . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Kobe Bryant's string of outstanding games came to an ugly end Tuesday night, and the Los Angeles Lakers suffered a most embarrassing loss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#1 Mar 28, 2007
c'mon -- anybody but the grizzlies!
lakers just plain suck vs. the 2-3 zone. what happened coach phil?

and hurling up thirty-five 3's is stupid.

lamar had 14 rebs (wow), 11 assists (excellent), and (drum roll please)... 3 pts(shit!). lamar odom aka MR. ANTI-TRIPLE DOUBLE.
smush parker aka MR. CROWDKILLER (home-crowd).
summer = trade odom for gasol.
too bad kwame did not play- sore foot i believe.
rant over.

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Orange County, Ca.

#2 Mar 28, 2007
Well it wasn't the 2-3 zone. kobe get's into these zone where he forgets to start creating or going strong to the basket when he is off...Yea i know, he must have forgot because it's been ahwile since he has been off.
lakers355s

Laguna Niguel, CA

#3 Mar 28, 2007
Willsmooth24 wrote:
Well it wasn't the 2-3 zone. kobe get's into these zone where he forgets to start creating or going strong to the basket when he is off...Yea i know, he must have forgot because it's been ahwile since he has been off.
trust me yo, i was at the game and the 2-3 zone the grizzlies defended with killed us. the lakers have struggled against this defense all year. the team crumbled not just kobe.

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

#4 Mar 28, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
trust me yo, i was at the game and the 2-3 zone the grizzlies defended with killed us. the lakers have struggled against this defense all year. the team crumbled not just kobe.
I didn't say that he did. Kobe had a streak there though where he missed 15 of 16 shots..come on. You have to see my point. I know that the rest of the team didn't shot any better but that is when you drive. work it around and hit the seems of the zone that is what the triangle is made for.
lakers355s

Laguna Niguel, CA

#5 Mar 28, 2007
Willsmooth24 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that he did. Kobe had a streak there though where he missed 15 of 16 shots..come on. You have to see my point. I know that the rest of the team didn't shot any better but that is when you drive. work it around and hit the seems of the zone that is what the triangle is made for.
communication error. i agree, absolutely no penetration whatsoever kills fg % vs. the zone.
ShowTime

United States

#6 Mar 28, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
communication error. i agree, absolutely no penetration whatsoever kills fg % vs. the zone.
yup you live by the 3 and die by the three, im starting to think what the lakers really need is shooters, since they like shooting so many threes they might as well stock up on shooters, and is it just me or smush just seems like he dont want to be in a laker uniform someone said he mentioned that the nuggets would be looking at him cause they need a point guard, whoever dont want to be here should just go we dont need that kinda attitude.
half nelson

North Hollywood, CA

#7 Mar 28, 2007
ShowTime wrote:
<quoted text>
yup you live by the 3 and die by the three, im starting to think what the lakers really need is shooters, since they like shooting so many threes they might as well stock up on shooters, and is it just me or smush just seems like he dont want to be in a laker uniform someone said he mentioned that the nuggets would be looking at him cause they need a point guard, whoever dont want to be here should just go we dont need that kinda attitude.
that is why kupchak gave radmanovic all that dough, to drain 3's when kobe is double teamed. but radmanovic has stunk all year, and trying to pull off a 1080 on his snowboard didnt seem to help his 3 ball shooting very much.
the lakers big guys, and there is plenty of them, need to start showing some intensity and start dominating. on paper we should be sitting in the 3 seed for the playoffs.
ShowTime

United States

#8 Mar 28, 2007
half nelson wrote:
<quoted text>that is why kupchak gave radmanovic all that dough, to drain 3's when kobe is double teamed. but radmanovic has stunk all year, and trying to pull off a 1080 on his snowboard didnt seem to help his 3 ball shooting very much.
the lakers big guys, and there is plenty of them, need to start showing some intensity and start dominating. on paper we should be sitting in the 3 seed for the playoffs.
yeah we need more ronny turiaf type players and radman better get his act together.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

#9 Mar 28, 2007
we suck against the 2-3 zone, which makes me wonder, why isnt it that all teams do this against us? i hope they dont of course, but why dont they? and how do we lose to memphis man, i mean c'mon. we better be ready for the rockets on the weekend. especially since there was no mike miller, i hate the fact that we cannot take advantage of players not being in the line-up, it really hurts as a fan. last yr it was close games and we cuda won 50 games, this season its the crap teams who we cannot beat and we shuda got 50 win this yr too.
ShowTime

United States

#10 Mar 28, 2007
Kobe is 1 wrote:
we suck against the 2-3 zone, which makes me wonder, why isnt it that all teams do this against us? i hope they dont of course, but why dont they? and how do we lose to memphis man, i mean c'mon. we better be ready for the rockets on the weekend. especially since there was no mike miller, i hate the fact that we cannot take advantage of players not being in the line-up, it really hurts as a fan. last yr it was close games and we cuda won 50 games, this season its the crap teams who we cannot beat and we shuda got 50 win this yr too.
they were plain lazy that was a terrible performance by the lakers it looked like they were toying with the grizzlies they let them win, there was a big lack of effort from the lakers they just settled for whatever the grizzlies let them have in the second half rather than take what they wanted. Well with that said we cant complain too much the lakers did win 5 in a row prior to that game so lets just hope that was just a wake up call.

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

#11 Mar 29, 2007
ShowTime wrote:
<quoted text>
they were plain lazy that was a terrible performance by the lakers it looked like they were toying with the grizzlies they let them win, there was a big lack of effort from the lakers they just settled for whatever the grizzlies let them have in the second half rather than take what they wanted. Well with that said we cant complain too much the lakers did win 5 in a row prior to that game so lets just hope that was just a wake up call.
I think phil is working the playoff position now, at least that is what it looked like. It seemed like they we're toying with the Grizzlies cause they were.
What do you guys think...It's not out of the question in my mind. I was a coach for middle school aged players and i know that you come into playoffs with a certain mindset and a gameplan. If we took the Suns in the first round we would be just picking up where we left off and the series would be fresh in their minds and it would have the team really motivated and play that much harder. After that you have momentum and confidence going into the second round and you are ready to take on a stronger team..especially if they had a long series before we play them. just thought's.....
lakers355s

Laguna Niguel, CA

#12 Mar 29, 2007
Willsmooth24 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think phil is working the playoff position now, at least that is what it looked like. It seemed like they we're toying with the Grizzlies cause they were.
What do you guys think...It's not out of the question in my mind. I was a coach for middle school aged players and i know that you come into playoffs with a certain mindset and a gameplan. If we took the Suns in the first round we would be just picking up where we left off and the series would be fresh in their minds and it would have the team really motivated and play that much harder. After that you have momentum and confidence going into the second round and you are ready to take on a stronger team..especially if they had a long series before we play them. just thought's.....
phil knows kobe can't do it on his own through the playoffs. it seemed like the grizzlies' game was his attempt at giving other players a chance to shine... the result? we're in trouble.
laker guy

North Hollywood, CA

#13 Mar 29, 2007
lakers355s wrote:
<quoted text>
phil knows kobe can't do it on his own through the playoffs. it seemed like the grizzlies' game was his attempt at giving other players a chance to shine... the result? we're in trouble.
why was bynum on the bench the whole second half? is that part of phil's rookie initiation? that kid needs as much court time as possible before the playoffs.
ShowTime

United States

#14 Mar 29, 2007
laker guy wrote:
<quoted text>why was bynum on the bench the whole second half? is that part of phil's rookie initiation? that kid needs as much court time as possible before the playoffs.
well I get really pissed when they dont give andrew the ball, they take threes after threes and they have a big guy in the middle who has shown he can put the ball in the hole and they dont use it, I rather see andrew try and make a shots and gain experience than seeing these guys chuck up threes and they arent even very good at it, this isnt a three point shooting team they werent made that way, and they werent made to run, they are a half court so slowing the game down helps them out, another reason to feed bynum the ball, thats how they were beating the suns last year in the playoffs slowing the game down.
lakers355s

Laguna Niguel, CA

#15 Mar 30, 2007
laker guy wrote:
<quoted text>why was bynum on the bench the whole second half? is that part of phil's rookie initiation? that kid needs as much court time as possible before the playoffs.
agreed, i'd love to see the tri offense run through andrew way more often!
god

Mason, OH

#16 Mar 31, 2007
man, if only luke walton would feed the rock down low to bynum or kwame even.. alot of plays run through luke. he makes the most decisions on the team besides kobe, when he starts.
MICHAEL CHIN-COMPTON

United States

#17 Apr 7, 2007
god wrote:
man, if only luke walton would feed the rock down low to bynum or kwame even.. alot of plays run through luke. he makes the most decisions on the team besides kobe, when he starts.
IF YOU ARE GOD as your name indicates.
LET ME SEE YOU WALK ON WATER.The GREAT HOUDINI TRIED AND Eventually DIED tried doing it, that was one feat he couldn't MASTER,or JUST TRY PARTING THE RED SEA,IF YOU DO EVERYONE in THE world WOULD WITNESS IT,.
MAN YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND HAVE RESPECT FOR THE MAN THAT MADE YOU.SATAN OWNS YOUR SOUL,IT'S YOUR JOB TO STOP IT.

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

#18 Apr 7, 2007
MICHAEL CHIN-COMPTON wrote:
<quoted text>
LET ME SEE YOU WALK ON WATER.The GREAT HOUDINI TRIED AND Eventually DIED tried doing it, that was one feat he couldn't MASTER,or JUST TRY PARTING THE RED SEA,IF YOU DO EVERYONE in THE world WOULD WITNESS IT,.
MAN YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND HAVE RESPECT FOR THE MAN THAT MADE YOU.SATAN OWNS YOUR SOUL,IT'S YOUR JOB TO STOP IT.
damn G calm down i think that your bow tie is tied too tight its easter dog don't you have some service to go too or something? I respect god more than most believe me but i ain't going to trip if someone calls themselves god! Do you know how many gods are believed to be out there in the world. I got respect for you bro but if you are going to trip and say hey don't mock my god then relax. i think of it like this...If you are fighting about religion it's like two kids fighting over who has the strongest and best imaginary friend. Believe what you want and let people believe what they want... It's a right everyone has. It's not like he is using god's name in vain.
Show Time

Louisville, KY

#19 Apr 7, 2007
Willsmooth24 wrote:
<quoted text>
damn G calm down i think that your bow tie is tied too tight its easter dog don't you have some service to go too or something? I respect god more than most believe me but i ain't going to trip if someone calls themselves god! Do you know how many gods are believed to be out there in the world. I got respect for you bro but if you are going to trip and say hey don't mock my god then relax. i think of it like this...If you are fighting about religion it's like two kids fighting over who has the strongest and best imaginary friend. Believe what you want and let people believe what they want... It's a right everyone has. It's not like he is using god's name in vain.
well with that said kobe is a god on the court lol.. yeah true why trip on what people call themselves, I dont mind arguing about sports cause its all in good fun but religion and politics gets all messy and its not even fun,people die for that shit, they even die for sports if you check out soccer around the world its crazy man.
lakers355s

San Clemente, CA

#20 Apr 8, 2007
MICHAEL CHIN-COMPTON wrote:
<quoted text>
chinster,
wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maurice Evans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawks power past slumping Pacers (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
Maurice Evans girlfriend (Jun '07) Aug '10 Kristin 28
News Dr. Trade: One Trade, Two Fixes for the Suns an... (Aug '09) Aug '09 krishawn 1
News Dwyane Wade feeling better, Heat feeling disres... (Apr '09) May '09 kenny 49
News Magic trade Dooling for salary-cap room (Jul '08) Jul '08 Mike Bianchi 73
News J.J. Redick acknowledges dim future with Orland... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Skeezix 118
News Orlando Magic could sign former Gator Jason Wil... (Jul '08) Jul '08 magic_fan 38
More from around the web