Exceeding preseason prospects

Exceeding preseason prospects

There are 27 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 26, 2007, titled Exceeding preseason prospects. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

They were supposed to be teams on the outside looking in at the rest of the Eastern Conference.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Eugene, OR

#21 Dec 26, 2007
Fan support will be back. If the Pacers keep winning and improving, fans, both fairweathered and true fans will come back to conseco. i was in at a buffalo wild wings in portland on friday when the blazers were playing the nuggets. the bar was packed and they had the game on every big screen in the place. people were wearing blazer jerseys, chanting defense and really just getting into the game. my point is, even if the blazers can regain fan support so can the pacers...and i would like to think that indy has better b-ball fans than oregon. it just goes to show you what winning will do to a fan base. last year you couldn't give away tickets to the blazers. now, even without oden, the place is selling out. the pacers need fans to come to their games. i mean you can get $10 seats still have a great view of the floor and get involved in the game. the pacers have a better road record than home record. with large hostile crowd at conseco, it would make the pacers that much better. indiana has a young talented team with a ton of potential. they have a fresh start. jt is playing better than ever. jo is starting to mesh with the offense. after consistent winning and improvement, the fans will come back. i don't care what they do off the court, if they win, the fans will come. period. go pacers.
Bob

Eugene, OR

#22 Dec 26, 2007
bent20 wrote:
Nice to see the Pacers in the playoff mix, but we're not even half way through the season. Two losses here and there and they're back out of the top eight. The top three are the only solid teams in the east this year. Kind of annoying to see Boston doing so well.
2 wins here and there and they're back in the top 4. i agree about boston though. i can't stand anything that comes out of that city
ol number 17

Robinson, IL

#23 Dec 26, 2007
GO PACERS

PROVE EM WRONG AND THEY WILL GO ON AND GET ON SOMEBODY ELSE.
Our Time

Warwick, MA

#24 Dec 26, 2007
The Pacers are currently on pace to win 44 games this year.

Last summer, when O'Brien was named the new coach, I predicted 45 - 48 wins for the year. They're close to my expectations.
Coach

Mattoon, IL

#25 Dec 26, 2007
Larry is a simpleton wrote:
They are two games above .500. Isn't it a tad bit early to start patting them on the back for mediocrity? It shows just how far this team has fallen when this is now considered an achievment.
Considering how pathetic this organization is, how about they have some sustained success at a true level before we start lauding their accomplishments.
You certainly show exactly what kind of person you are with your post.
Coach

Mattoon, IL

#26 Dec 26, 2007
Bob wrote:
Fan support will be back. If the Pacers keep winning and improving, fans, both fairweathered and true fans will come back to conseco. i was in at a buffalo wild wings in portland on friday when the blazers were playing the nuggets. the bar was packed and they had the game on every big screen in the place. people were wearing blazer jerseys, chanting defense and really just getting into the game. my point is, even if the blazers can regain fan support so can the pacers...and i would like to think that indy has better b-ball fans than oregon. it just goes to show you what winning will do to a fan base. last year you couldn't give away tickets to the blazers. now, even without oden, the place is selling out. the pacers need fans to come to their games. i mean you can get $10 seats still have a great view of the floor and get involved in the game. the pacers have a better road record than home record. with large hostile crowd at conseco, it would make the pacers that much better. indiana has a young talented team with a ton of potential. they have a fresh start. jt is playing better than ever. jo is starting to mesh with the offense. after consistent winning and improvement, the fans will come back. i don't care what they do off the court, if they win, the fans will come. period. go pacers.
Well said Eugene Bob. Go Pacers!!! Go Ducks!!!
Poser fan

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Dec 27, 2007
PacerFanTurnedLukewarm wrote:
The Pacers have a long way to go before they can turn the heads of some of the loyal Pacer fans of the past who have been turned off by the teams on court/ off court antics.
What sports teams do you watch? You better not say the Colts or the Hoosiers... and if you don't know why, then maybe you should look up Ed Johnson's and James Hardy's history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web