Daniels set to let his game flow

Daniels set to let his game flow

There are 32 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 3, 2007, titled Daniels set to let his game flow. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Marquis Daniels missed 25 games late last season with a knee injury. During his absence, the Indiana Pacers fell out of the playoff race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Como, CO

#21 Oct 4, 2007
ESPN has the Pacers ranked 2nd to last currently. I think that's a liitle overboard. If they can stay healthy I think they can have a decent year. They still have good young talent that is going to improve.
David

Elmhurst, IL

#22 Oct 4, 2007
I think it's funny that people who want nothing to do with the Pacers this season still take the time to read an article about one of the "thug" players. They then take more time to give the standard "the Pacers are thugs" diatribe then pat themselves on the back thinking they have stated something that hasn't been repeated ad nauseam. What a joke.
guy

United States

#23 Oct 4, 2007
Jack Kirbyspencil wrote:
Anyone interested in buying a ton of signed Pacers cards from 1997-2005?
I am trying to get rid of things I dont need anymore....
will you take a Nigerian money order?
BOND JAMES BOND

United States

#24 Oct 4, 2007
Kdub wrote:
Ok, the Nostradumbass term is hilarious.
I am a little surprised by anyone predicting 50 wins for the team this year. Improvement this year, yeah I think so, and am optimistic about what O'Brien can get accomplished, but 50 wins is a tall order.
<quoted text>
I went to almost every home game. There is some talent on this team that never got picked off the vine. Rick wanted to play the kind of ball that the Pacers were known for, half court offensive dominance, Reggie opening up the paint for J.O., hard nosed defense. Remember that we won 61 with Jamaal at the point (when he wasn't hurt), and we were on the way to Eastern Conference dominance until 11/19/04. The thugs that you geniuses keep expecting to cause problems this year now play for other teams. Jamaal was an observer in the Club Rio incident nad the other two characters are in another time zone. There is every reason to believe that the charges levelled at Jamaal in the downtown melee haven't come to anything, and besides, I watched him work Tony Parker in the Pacers win over the Spurs at
Conseco right at the end of the season. This was without JO or Marquis. I'll stick to my 50 games. And I'll be here for y'all to chastise or praise. This is going to be a good team, Indy.
Fisher

Erlanger, KY

#25 Oct 4, 2007
rick wrote:
New year, same old shitty attitude from so-called Pacers fans. What do the Colts have to do with the Pacers anyway? Don't relate the two!! Basketball is a superior sport, especially in INDIANA, I don't care if the Colts are the Champs. We couldn't win without Daniels last year!! Wise up and have some class "Pacer fans" like the old Market Square Arena days.
That's because it's a new year and same old shitty headlines from the Pacers. "Another Pacer Arrested."

How many more times will we see that this year? Next? You clowns seem to think the fans are jumping off the Pacers sinking ship because of Won/Loss. It's totally a character issue. If they clean up their act off court we would support them win or lose just like we have from day one. But if they're going to act like fools and embarrass us and the rest of the city and state - they can go pound sand up their butts.
Adam

Springfield, IL

#26 Oct 4, 2007
Funk wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't necessarily have to be funny. It's actually sad because it's true. If you weren't working in the Pacers PR department maybe you could feel our pain having to put up with this embarrassing bunch of morons. Bang, bang.
Your idea of "bunch" is two people?
Adam

Springfield, IL

#27 Oct 4, 2007
Fisher wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because it's a new year and same old shitty headlines from the Pacers. "Another Pacer Arrested."
How many more times will we see that this year? Next? You clowns seem to think the fans are jumping off the Pacers sinking ship because of Won/Loss. It's totally a character issue. If they clean up their act off court we would support them win or lose just like we have from day one. But if they're going to act like fools and embarrass us and the rest of the city and state - they can go pound sand up their butts.
With the exception that the Colts have had just as many players in trouble with the law in recent years. Everyone seems to support them fine though..
ARS

United States

#28 Oct 4, 2007
Wizards,Raptors,Magic,Bucks,Ha wks,Hornets,Bobcats,Grizzlies, Lakers,Sonics,Kings,Clippers,T railblazers ,Knicks,T-Wolves,Warriors,Rock ets,76ers = all teams without a doubt in my mind we are better than. you can throw in the Cavaliers who only have one strong player and a bunch of floppers on defense to that group. We are right there with the Jazz,Nets,new Celtics,Nuggets AND WAS last year if we stayed healthy
ARS

United States

#29 Oct 4, 2007
The Cavaliers?? what a joke to make it to the finals. Almost as bad as the Iverson 76ers team
ARS

United States

#30 Oct 4, 2007
Love to stay and defend my Pacers but my time is up. CYAAA
Math wiz

Erlanger, KY

#31 Oct 5, 2007
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idea of "bunch" is two people?
You guys learn to count down there in Southern Indiana? Artest, Jackson, Tinsley, Daniels, Williams... that's five. And what about all the guys who got charged in the brawl...including Harrison and J.O.??

Now you're going to say that some of those guys are gone. True but more knuckleheads just come in to take their place. There is a stink in that locker room that just won't go away. The only way things are going to change is if the Pacers can make a Tony Dungy type hire for the club that sends a message to the team and their fans that someone is in charge over there. Right now, nobody is in charge. This generation of players is walking all over your hero Larry Bird. They evidently have no respect for him or the Pacers fan base.
BOND JAMES BOND

United States

#32 Oct 5, 2007
Math wiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys learn to count down there in Southern Indiana? Artest, Jackson, Tinsley, Daniels, Williams... that's five. And what about all the guys who got charged in the brawl...including Harrison and J.O.??
Now you're going to say that some of those guys are gone. True but more knuckleheads just come in to take their place. There is a stink in that locker room that just won't go away. The only way things are going to change is if the Pacers can make a Tony Dungy type hire for the club that sends a message to the team and their fans that someone is in charge over there. Right now, nobody is in charge. This generation of players is walking all over your hero Larry Bird. They evidently have no respect for him or the Pacers fan base.
Yo whiz. Before you start blaming everything on Larry Bird or the knuckleheads who are walking all over him, you might want to get your facts straight. First of all, Larry had been re-hired as GM for one full year before 11/19. They won 61 games in the '03-'04 season. The fallout from 11/19 was devastating, and NO team or GM had ever been through the re-building process facing the Pacers thereafter. Larry's style is to learn quietly from one of the most respected basketball tutors in the game, Donnie Walsh, and it wasn't until only recently that Larry really started steering this thing. If you want to blame Club Rio on Donnie Walsh, that's fine (and ridiculous), but Larry Bird had about as much to do with it as you did. Shawne Williams was pulled over for an expired license plate, for crying out loud. And his punishment, though measured, was swift and decisive. Heck, even Kravitz thought it was about right. That's the thing about Indiana basketball. The very thing that makes "Hoosier Hysteria" so exciting also seems to breed a great deal of over-reaction. Winning is the only thing missing, and this year that will change. The rest of the league is rife with incidents...blame David Stern for that if you must. But after 11/19, I don't know of ANY GM that could have put it back together faster than they have. Remember, this is only the third season since that mess, and no other team has ever been through any thing like it. They have a lot to prove, but Larry has been to the promised land several times before and darned near got them over the big hump known as Koby-Shaq. It's his time. Pay attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web