Pacers' defense fails in the clutch

There are 8 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 25, 2007, titled Pacers' defense fails in the clutch. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Jim O'Brien clenched his jaw, narrowed his eyelids, leaned back in his chair and shook his head.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Stan

United States

#1 Nov 25, 2007
When you don't have LeBron, you have to get more consistency out of the defense and from people like Tinsley and Murphy than the Pacers got. When you don't have LeBron you probably are happy to take your chances with Damon Jones taking the big shot for them. If you really want to win the game you probably don't have Shawne Williams take the big shot for you at this stage of his career, but later on he's going to need this experience. That's what happens when you have young players in at crunch time. Good thing Jermaine O'Neal didn't miss the shot or we'd really be hearing it. Good contributions from Daniels and from Harrison, who has really only had a couple of stinkers this season. This bodes well for the future. Too bad they didn't get it done, but it sure beats the Lakers loss.

Since: Oct 07

United States

#2 Nov 25, 2007
David did look solid in this one, and O'Brien did a nice job in riding the hot hand with Marquis in the second half and keeping Murphy on the Bench.
I was disappointed LeBron got too many calls but I guess that's the way it is in the NBA.
I was surprised also that O'Brien put Williams in at the end. Shawne was off balance when he took that three and he had over 8 seconds left once he got it. He clearly panicked and hopefully it's one he'll learn from.
I hate to say that it seems we are playing better ball with J.O. off the court. I was happy to see Indy pushing the ball so well. It was the kind of offense I think O'Brien has been preaching and it seemed we had the stamina to run in the 2nd half while Cleveland just didn't quite have the horses to get back and avoid fouls. It was nice to see the foul differential in our favor for once, LeBron's star calls notwithstanding.
rob

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Nov 25, 2007
Does anyone care about this team? I never seen a season in which so little interest has been in this team.The biggest talk all year was a trade rumor.
Pacer

Carmel, IN

#4 Nov 25, 2007
Though a loss but commendable efforts from the team.Best wishes.
I care

Aurora, IL

#5 Nov 25, 2007
rob wrote:
Does anyone care about this team? I never seen a season in which so little interest has been in this team.The biggest talk all year was a trade rumor.
I care about this team a great deal. I have watched every minute of every televised game this year (this one is the one one I missed) and I have enjoyed watching them very much. I love watching Tinsley play in a system made for him. He hasn't look this good or this enthusiastic since his rookie year. A discouraging loss no doubt, but the team seems to be getting better and beginning to run more consistently.

My only hope is that when JO comes back he is fully healthy so he can run with us, instead of bogging us down on offense. We surely could use his defense though. Nobody blocks so many shots and still takes so many charges. The guy is unbelievable sometimes. Get well soon Jermaine.
PLAYA

Fishers, IN

#6 Nov 26, 2007
Who cares! Brid craped on this team and city along time ago
Riding the Indy 500

Plymouth, MN

#7 Nov 26, 2007
rob wrote:
If you don't care about this team why post anything on here. Who really wants to read negative comments all day, the pacers are not going to listen to obnoxious fans who rarely know what they're talking about, most them who haven't even played organized basketball at the high school level. It's ridiculous the way "fans" will down a team when there doing bad and jump on the bandwagon when they are winning. What ever happened to dedicated fans who wear their heart on their sleeve. I support my teams through good and bad, true when they losed I am not in a good mood but it comes w/ the territory. Oh and please stop dogging Tinsley, he has been playing rather stellar lately and will continue to flourish in this offense. Give him a break. He always had the potential to be an all-star caliber point guard but it wasn't gonna be in carlisle's system. Will the real Pacers fans please stand up!!!!!
Noah W

United States

#8 Nov 26, 2007
PLAYA cracks me up. I don't know if he's stupid or it's just and act.
Translations -
'Brid'= Bird
'craped'= crapped
'along'= a long

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web