Pacer's night out ends in shooting

Pacer's night out ends in shooting

There are 490 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 9, 2007, titled Pacer's night out ends in shooting. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana Pacers team leaders Sunday publicly admonished Jamaal Tinsley for being out at a time and place that put him in harm's way -- in the sights of someone wielding an assault rifle -- and said it's time for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last

“Say no to HILLARY ”

Since: Mar 07

Westfield, Indiana

#579 Dec 13, 2007
Zwingli the Miffed wrote:
<quoted text>
Dandy Trail, a "rough part of town". Hell, some of you people are so fearful of seeing a black person, you probably consider Nora a "rough part of town".
Do you personally know the entire background of every single person that you know? When meeting a stranger or making a new acquaintance, is your first instinct to run a full criminal check on them?
Staying out late isn't against the law. Going to a bar isn't against the law. Only in Indiana, do you see people mad at the person who was chased and shot at instead of the people who instigated the incident and fired the first shots.
This has nothing to do with RACE!! If I did not bring it up in my post why would you bring it up to retort mine?

No one ever said going out to a bar is against the law. As I have said before this is the 3rd time he has had a issue. If it was the 1st time everyone would be talking different. People are also mad at the first shooter but he is not the main part of the story Tinsley is.
Zwingli the Miffed

Milford, CT

#580 Dec 13, 2007
Robert Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with RACE!! If I did not bring it up in my post why would you bring it up to retort mine?
No one ever said going out to a bar is against the law. As I have said before this is the 3rd time he has had a issue. If it was the 1st time everyone would be talking different. People are also mad at the first shooter but he is not the main part of the story Tinsley is.
So, even though Tinsley didn't commit a single crime, didn't start the fight, didn't participate in the reaction by his brother, somehow in your mind Tinsley is villain here?

Anyone who thinks that Dandy Trail is a "rough part of town" is clearly too fearful to function.

“Say no to HILLARY ”

Westfield, Indiana

#581 Dec 13, 2007
<quoted text>
So, even though Tinsley didn't commit a single crime, didn't start the fight, didn't participate in the reaction by his brother, somehow in your mind Tinsley is villain here?
Anyone who thinks that Dandy Trail is a "rough part of town" is clearly too fearful to function.
I am sorry there seams to be no way to explain it to you. Everyone it ticked because it is the 3rd time. Tinsley admitted he put himself in a bad spot. If he can admit he messed up why can’t you admit he messed up? People are just tired of it. Don’t you see that?

Where do you get Dandy Trail, how about between Georgetown and Moller road close to Lafayette square. I grew up in that area so I know how it is. If you want to look it up on Google here is the address.

5150 W 38th St, Indianapolis, IN
Zwingli the Miffed

Milford, CT

#582 Dec 13, 2007
Robert Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry there seams to be no way to explain it to you. Everyone it ticked because it is the 3rd time. Tinsley admitted he put himself in a bad spot. If he can admit he messed up why can’t you admit he messed up? People are just tired of it. Don’t you see that?
Where do you get Dandy Trail, how about between Georgetown and Moller road close to Lafayette square. I grew up in that area so I know how it is. If you want to look it up on Google here is the address.
5150 W 38th St, Indianapolis, IN
The 3rd time. Since he didn't instigate the incident or commit a single illegal act, why EXACTLY are you equating this with the other two incidents. I know you hate Tinsely so, but I'm sorry in this case he didn't do a single thing that justified him being shot at.

“Say no to HILLARY ”

Westfield, Indiana

#583 Dec 13, 2007
<quoted text>
The 3rd time. Since he didn't instigate the incident or commit a single illegal act, why EXACTLY are you equating this with the other two incidents. I know you hate Tinsely so, but I'm sorry in this case he didn't do a single thing that justified him being shot at.
We have no idea if he instigated the incident or not. I to be honest assume that he did not.

How is this, 1st time he is at a bar/strip club late at night and there are fights, guns and issues. 2nd time he is at a bar late at night and there are fights and issues. 3rd time late at night at a bar there are guns and issues. The first and third times are less that 3/4 of a mile apart in what is not the best part of town. All of this happened in a period of 14 months. You would think that he would be more aware of his soundings.

I do understand that he just went out to have fun. But it seams that trouble just follows him. When there is trouble with the Pacers 3 times out of 4 he is involved. You don’t hear JO, Granger or Foster getting into trouble. People are just tired of it. If Foster were to get in trouble on Friday people would be ticked.

I am sorry to inform you but I don’t hate Tinsley I just believe he makes bad choices. He also believes that he has to make better choices. I also don’t believe that anyone thinks he deserved to be shot at.
Zwingli the Miffed

Milford, CT

#584 Dec 13, 2007
Robert Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no idea if he instigated the incident or not. I to be honest assume that he did not.
How is this, 1st time he is at a bar/strip club late at night and there are fights, guns and issues. 2nd time he is at a bar late at night and there are fights and issues. 3rd time late at night at a bar there are guns and issues. The first and third times are less that 3/4 of a mile apart in what is not the best part of town. All of this happened in a period of 14 months. You would think that he would be more aware of his soundings.
I do understand that he just went out to have fun. But it seams that trouble just follows him. When there is trouble with the Pacers 3 times out of 4 he is involved. You don’t hear JO, Granger or Foster getting into trouble. People are just tired of it. If Foster were to get in trouble on Friday people would be ticked.
I am sorry to inform you but I don’t hate Tinsley I just believe he makes bad choices. He also believes that he has to make better choices. I also don’t believe that anyone thinks he deserved to be shot at.
A cursory examination of the Forum threads about this incident from over the weekend show dozens of posts from people openly regretful that he wasn't shot.

The lack of any condemnation towards the people who fired their guns first is very telling.

“Say no to HILLARY ”

Westfield, Indiana

#585 Dec 13, 2007
<quoted text>
A cursory examination of the Forum threads about this incident from over the weekend show dozens of posts from people openly regretful that he wasn't shot.
The lack of any condemnation towards the people who fired their guns first is very telling.
Sorry for the people who are regretful that he wasn't shot. They just want to stir the pot.

Most people just hear Tinsley is part of the story and he overshadows everything else.
Zwingli the Miffed

Milford, CT

#586 Dec 13, 2007
Robert Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for the people who are regretful that he wasn't shot. They just want to stir the pot.
Most people just hear Tinsley is part of the story and he overshadows everything else.
So objectivity has to go out the window because it was Tinsley? Frankly, the ultimate responsibility for Tinsley's attempted murder should be placed solely on the shoulders of the people who shot at him to begin with.

Until you produce for me a single police report that indicates that Tinsley instigated or escalated this incident, then you need to cool your jets. Simply being Jamaal Tinsley isn't enough to warrant the outrage in this case.
diva

United States

#587 Dec 13, 2007
wow these people are be STUPID!

“Say no to HILLARY ”

Westfield, Indiana

#588 Dec 14, 2007
<quoted text>
So objectivity has to go out the window because it was Tinsley? Frankly, the ultimate responsibility for Tinsley's attempted murder should be placed solely on the shoulders of the people who shot at him to begin with.
Until you produce for me a single police report that indicates that Tinsley instigated or escalated this incident, then you need to cool your jets. Simply being Jamaal Tinsley isn't enough to warrant the outrage in this case.
Simply because it is Tinsley and the Pacers is the reason for the outrage. I also believe that he is the victim here. People are only going to see that he was involved. I really wish I knew of a better way to explain it to you.

As Tinsley has said he needs to make better decisions. If the first two things never happened most people would react completely different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web