Pacer's night out ends in shooting

Pacer's night out ends in shooting

There are 490 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 9, 2007, titled Pacer's night out ends in shooting. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana Pacers team leaders Sunday publicly admonished Jamaal Tinsley for being out at a time and place that put him in harm's way -- in the sights of someone wielding an assault rifle -- and said it's time for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Zeke

Springfield, IL

#1 Dec 10, 2007
New idea for a Pacers bumper sticker;
Go Pacers...and stay gone." The NBA has deteriorated to a league full of thug, hood rat punks. No longer worth our time and money. CUT THEM ALL!
proud of them

Venice, FL

#2 Dec 10, 2007
don't you just loe how the pacers have cleaned up their act.

“Vote Libertarian”

Since: Oct 07

Bloomington/Indianapolis

#3 Dec 10, 2007
It is great that no one was hurt to bad it could have been a lot worse ....I don't think it is right to tell a person where he or she should be and I am not to do that either ...I think that Tinsley's Brother saved a lot of blood shed because he had a weapon to defened against some thugs ...I don't think there is room for a gun free zone or as I would say a no defense zone don't let the Thugs Terrist or the Wachos have the upper hand and don't tell about gun control ..it doesn't work ...remember Virginia Tech a "Gun Free Zone"
emperors new clothes

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2007
Tinsley, Tinsley Tinsley. Anyone else see a pattern here?
IU Alumni

AOL

#5 Dec 10, 2007
I dont even follow them much anymore. There was a time when I would hit take my family to at least a dozen games a year and watched most all the other games available on television with my son. Now I just dont care one way or another. Prices to attend are too high and I just dont relate to the team like I used to with Reggie, Smits, etc. They just all seem like a bunch of thugs and the only time you ever hear of them outside of basketball is when something like this incident happens. Its kind of sad because I have been a Pacer fan since I was a child. Now I barely follow the NBA. Maybe Im just getting old but, apparently, from the attendance I saw last time I scanned past a game, there are a lot of us.
John Miller-Zionsvill e

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Dec 10, 2007
If Jamaal wants to "club" he should stick to safe clubs like Jermaine's, instead of some hole-in-the-wall dive. Use your head Dude !
James M

Plainfield, IN

#8 Dec 10, 2007
IU Alumni wrote:
I dont even follow them much anymore. There was a time when I would hit take my family to at least a dozen games a year and watched most all the other games available on television with my son. Now I just dont care one way or another. Prices to attend are too high and I just dont relate to the team like I used to with Reggie, Smits, etc. They just all seem like a bunch of thugs and the only time you ever hear of them outside of basketball is when something like this incident happens. Its kind of sad because I have been a Pacer fan since I was a child. Now I barely follow the NBA. Maybe Im just getting old but, apparently, from the attendance I saw last time I scanned past a game, there are a lot of us.
ditto
Green with envy

Greenwood, IN

#9 Dec 10, 2007
It is absolutely ridiculous that O'Neal says ball players are targets of violence because of their nice clothes and cars. There are many wealthy people with things that others are envious of and they are not involved in altercations as a result of it. Just excuses to portray the instigators as a victim. Too bad for the Pacers that no one is believing their justifications of the incident.
sealionindy

United States

#10 Dec 10, 2007
Tinsley won't understand until he is benched ..loses his contract, or is seriously injured.
I expect he has gone to the well to many times.
It''s already tough to sell tix. Now this happens.
standing on the sidelines

Shirley, IN

#11 Dec 10, 2007
He probably needs to come to know the Lord Jesus and then he would make wise decisions. Those decisions come from the heart. Also,when you come to know Him you set a better example for others.
Tupac

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Dec 10, 2007
You don't find trouble because you're out at 3:30 a.m.

You find it because you're a thug.
mike

Dayton, OH

#14 Dec 10, 2007
It's funny how Tinsley pulls into the Conrad Hotel,(the nicest hotel in Indianapolis) because he felt safer!!! Why wouldn't he hang out at the Conrad Hotel's bar? Must be to Safe for him and his entorage of thugs? Let me guess, more excuses from the Pacers ffront office!
BigPaPa

Redwood City, CA

#15 Dec 10, 2007
Throw all their butts out of town. The Pacers contribute nothing to the quality of life in central Indiana.
jrszabo

Zionsville, IN

#16 Dec 10, 2007
Zeke wrote:
New idea for a Pacers bumper sticker;
Go Pacers...and stay gone." The NBA has deteriorated to a league full of thug, hood rat punks. No longer worth our time and money. CUT THEM ALL!
The letter size would too small to read from the nearest car! But everything that you said is true, actually I think most pro sports are following this path!!
mike

Dayton, OH

#17 Dec 10, 2007
I'm sure Tinsley is a "baby's daddy" to a couple of kids that will turn out just like him!
Just my thoughts

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#18 Dec 10, 2007
The Pacers have here a long time and now these losers came to town and try and ruin everything. Maybe the team should look for players who are role models not just shooters (no pun intended). I know winning is important but look at the Chicago Cubs. Those guys have lost for years and they still fill the stands with fans who are loyal year in and year out. If the Pacer organization wants to fill the stands again then they need to do some soul searching. The Simons have money so they aren't trying to get rich off the Pacers so clean up the team, and try and do something respectable for a change. Someone needs to set the example and get rid of these troublemakers.
Dump Tinsley

Milwaukee, WI

#19 Dec 10, 2007
Boycott the Pacer games till he is gone!
jrszabo

Zionsville, IN

#20 Dec 10, 2007
John Miller-Zionsville wrote:
If Jamaal wants to "club" he should stick to safe clubs like Jermaine's, instead of some hole-in-the-wall dive. Use your head Dude !
He is using his head but unfortunately it's empty!!
jrszabo

Zionsville, IN

#21 Dec 10, 2007
Tupac wrote:
You don't find trouble because you're out at 3:30 a.m.
You find it because you're a thug.
Or could it be the thugs he hangs or with?
Make it Personal

AOL

#23 Dec 10, 2007
Ok, since Tinsley is averaging 14ppg and 4 rpg and like 9 apg it is time to trade him and O'neal while the value is high!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web