Pacers' Williams out after murder arr...

Pacers' Williams out after murder arrest of man leaving his home

There are 31 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Pacers' Williams out after murder arrest of man leaving his home. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

It's been a tough week for the Pacers, mainly for what's been happening off the court and management is very upset.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Donna

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Feb 29, 2008
This team is an embarrassment to Indiana. Get them the hell out of dodge because we don't want them anymore. And...to Larry Bird....what a complete and utter disappointmnt to have your career associated with a team of gangbangers. Get out now!!!
RKclaiborne

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Feb 29, 2008
if he was not a house guest,then why was he leaving your house with a vehicle "they say you own" get over yourself and get real williams the whole city is tired of you and the other "ghetto antics" of the rest of the pacers.You know,you may not be all that bright and you think the rest of us are stupid but at least what you can do with some of your time and money is invest in the future of the youth of tommorrow instead of those who are clearly ruining theirs!!!
Get Over It

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Feb 29, 2008
JasonR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i would be saying the same things!!! Read the article, his lawyer did say that!!!! You need a reality check, the poor attendance started after all the fighting and trouble the Pacers got into. One follows their team no matter the winning or losing record, oh wait- I can't speak for you! So don't speak for me or tell me what I can or can't say!
You must be reading a different article then the one posted on the site.
"Williams wasn't available for comment, but we did get a statement from his attorney John Tompkins:

"The individual taken into custody by police during the Pacer game was not a house guest of Mr. Williams. Mr. Williams did not invite this individual to either visit or stay at his home. Mr. Williams wants to make it clear that he has cooperated with police in their investigation."

It is said that you feel compelled to bring race into it instead of just saying that a player makes poor choices or has less than steller friends. Regardless of what is happening off the court they are still not winning games.

The bottom line is that first and foremost professional athletes are people first. Somewhere along the line people forget this. I do not justify what players do but I can emphathize with some of their situations. Society cannot expect people in these professions to sit at home on the couch or be ushered away from the public.

Try doing something constructive...plus if you do not like the team dynamics then stop supporting them. I forgot you are a true fan so stop complaining and support your team. You have to take the good with the bad!
Hater Patrol

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Feb 29, 2008
Robert May wrote:
If they want to be Gangsters, Put them back on the street.
Fire them.
Then MAYBE I will bring my kids back to a game.
Keep You Kids at Home!
Just Me

United States

#25 Feb 29, 2008
We need to get rid on the Delaware Street THUGS (aka Pacers). I have an idea why doesnt the Pacers management give the Colts a call and find out how to run a classy shop. Thanks and Have a great day.
JasonR

Greenfield, IN

#26 Feb 29, 2008
Get Over It wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be reading a different article then the one posted on the site.
"Williams wasn't available for comment, but we did get a statement from his attorney John Tompkins:
"The individual taken into custody by police during the Pacer game was not a house guest of Mr. Williams. Mr. Williams did not invite this individual to either visit or stay at his home. Mr. Williams wants to make it clear that he has cooperated with police in their investigation."
It is said that you feel compelled to bring race into it instead of just saying that a player makes poor choices or has less than steller friends. Regardless of what is happening off the court they are still not winning games.
The bottom line is that first and foremost professional athletes are people first. Somewhere along the line people forget this. I do not justify what players do but I can emphathize with some of their situations. Society cannot expect people in these professions to sit at home on the couch or be ushered away from the public.
Try doing something constructive...plus if you do not like the team dynamics then stop supporting them. I forgot you are a true fan so stop complaining and support your team. You have to take the good with the bad!
Last year Mr Williams and the individual that was arrested for murder, were pulled over on a traffic stop. Mr. Williams sighted for no drivers license and his buddy who was using a false name was arrested for having pot. Now, explain to me how he could be in Mr. Williams home(supposedly not invited), driving Mr. Williams vehicle(Not stolen), and now he denies he ever asked the guy to stay with him! GIVE US ALL A BREAK, WE ARE NOT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!
KELVIN D

Verona, WI

#27 Feb 29, 2008
Ben wrote:
KELVIN D is not going to like this.
Nope, not one bit.
Sorry Ben i love sports, so i must agree with plan2 those are good ideas, please do not get me wrong i was just saying, lets not call these young guys who make wrong decisions about who they hang around with unless Mr. williams was the one that pulled the trigger, beleive me i love sports and think it is about time to clean up all sports. If i was in charge of the pacer personnel i would only keep (Dunleavy,murphy,granger,foste r, denier,and rush)i would get rid all my bad apples(artest,jackson,daniels, tinsley and who ever did not follow the rules of the team. No player is bigger than the team, good teams do not have distractions such as the ones the pacers have had. HEY ben lets me and you go down to conseco and apply for the job of showing these players how to act on and off the court.
Bearcat5

Delaware, OH

#28 Feb 29, 2008
They are ALL a bunch of gangster thugs, send them all back to the ghetto where they belong!
JANET

Greenfield, IN

#29 Feb 29, 2008
It is really hard for me to talk about the Pacers. I have flown their colors, cheered when they won and cried when they lost. The days when there was excitement in the air for the Pacers seems like a distant memory. The days when we had
leaders on the team are long past. Reggie was the last player to "lead" the team. Both by example and work ethic he was a shining light. It is very discouraging to feel shame for your home team. We are about basketball in Indiana...we breathe it, we bleed it, and we take it very seriously. If the players with the Pacer organization are not about basketball then they should not be here. Every professional athlete is given an opportunity that millions of young men and women would love to have. To take that opportunity for granted and not live up to what the fans, and the taxpayers pay you to do is in my opinion no better than stealing the salary you receive. I want to be able to believe in my team again. It would be wonderful to feel that electricity and excitement again. It used to be common for complete strangers to strike up a conversation about the Pacers games and look forward to the playoffs. Now it seems most people ignore the fact that we have an NBA team. The COLTS are not perfect...but they brought pride to the city and a championship. And they did it with class. C'mon guys...step back and try to look at yourselves the way we the fans see you. I do not think you will like what you see.
My2Cents

AOL

#30 Mar 2, 2008
1. Larry Bird is right - we got to do things necessary to get the public trust and get these fans back here supporting our team.

2. put a morality clause in the contracts

3. put morals & values in the top criteria for recruiting - you can have good ball players but if they aren't holding up to Indiana traditions, values, morals, conduct, etc.- then there is not any fans that want to go see them.

4. BRING BACK REGGIE!!!!!

5. Start over

6. Get rid of the trouble makers
Kulturkampf

Howell, NJ

#31 Mar 2, 2008
This is why upstarts last longer in the rat race. They usually don't have, or are willing to trash, their allegiance to their homies and the hood; the two most frequent causes of failure for upwardly mobile, inner city youth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web