Pacers draw closer, not enough to win

Pacers draw closer, not enough to win

There are 38 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 7, 2007, titled Pacers draw closer, not enough to win. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The offense and effort were better, but the Indiana Pacers still didn't have the resources to end their losing streak Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GET SOME GUARDS

Utica, KY

#21 Mar 7, 2007
PACERS PISS ME OFF, SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M WATCHIN MY COLTS DVD!!!!!!!!
James

Greencastle, IN

#22 Mar 7, 2007
I turned the game off at half time when we were down 15. I'm gald they came back in the second half and it looks like Murphy and Dunleavy scored pretty well. I still think the Pacers got the best of the trade. I'll admit that Tinsley can't guard quick point guards like Bibby. Our three point shooting has become a joke. I have no answers --- I hope Bird and Walsh do.
Michael Jordan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#23 Mar 7, 2007
No One wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no current college player who is going to make an impact on any NBA team. There really is no current player in the NBA past his prime who is going to make an impact if the Pacers happened to make a trade in the off-season. There is talent on this team, I think coaching needs some serious adjustments.
Are you kidding me? Have you been under a rock this year?
Mel and Herb

Ft Mitchell, KY

#24 Mar 7, 2007
Andrew wrote:
This team better make some serious splashes in the offseason or this team will be run out of town in a hurry. Is there a website up yet to organize a boycott of Pacers games? This needs to hit the Simons' ears.
uh... we know.
Your former teacher

Ft Mitchell, KY

#25 Mar 7, 2007
GET SOME GUARDS wrote:
Once again we lost because we have too many forwards and not enought guards. So we prolly won't make the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. Hhhmmmmmmm, we should have a good draft pick get a guard, if you draft another forward, I'm going to shoot myself in the head!!!!!!!!!!
Ohh year and one more thing trade the fuckin 3 stuges in next years draft to move up and get a good guard!!!!!!!!!! Then trade O'neal for a point guard!!!!!!!
I've been reading your posts and I'm going to tell you to put down your Colt's DVD and spend some time with a dictionary! Your posts almost need a translator. I've never heard the word "prolly." Do you by chance mean "probably?" And it's not the three "stuges" you freaking "stooge."

Oh, well. What good is being ignorant if you can't take it out and show it off?
John S

Richmond, IN

#26 Mar 7, 2007
I disagree with the complaints on the coaching. I think Carlisle and his staff are doing the best they can with what they have to work with.
A good point guard woould go a long way in improving the team.
Jim Moras Ghost

United States

#27 Mar 7, 2007
PLAYOFFS??! Playoffs??....playoffs...are you kidding me, playoffs?
mark from lafayette

West Lafayette, IN

#28 Mar 7, 2007
if you ever tracked Donnie Walsh's actions, you realized two things.
1) He soesn't like to change coaches quickly, so calls to get rid of Carlisle are not going to be taken seriouly until all the possible deals with players are explored. Rick had players at Detroit and did well.
2) Even when it looks like Walsh is having problems, he has this knack for turning the team around in a season or two.
I won't diminish the needs and screams for point guards and guard defense though. BAD!!!!!!!
Todd in Indy

United States

#29 Mar 7, 2007
I'm tired of hearing about what a class-act this organization and front office is. What has Walsh and the front office done since the JO for Dale Davis trade?? All he's done over the years is trade knuckelheads for knuckleheads or subpar over-paid players that other teams don't want.
The long term contracts that this team is carrying is embarrassing except outside of Madison Square Gardens. The coach has lost his team (again) and the one good young developing player we have on the roster is Granger. And he's showing signs of apathy and bad habits that are rubbing off from the other lazy vets on the team (Tinsley, Daniels.)
Yes, they made the playoffs for 15 years srtaight. So what? One trip to the Finals to show for it and not much else except a mediocre franchise. Walsh is so scared to bite the bullet and put a 15-20 win team on the floor for a couple of seasons because he's afraid of losing a small market fanbase. So instead, he'd rather field a 40 win team for 5 or 6 years and kill us all off slowly.
Please PLEASE Donny, either tear this mess down and start from scratch or do us all a favor and step aside and take Bird and Carlisle with you!
Coach

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Mar 7, 2007
I'll quit defending Carlisle. He's lost this team. Their effort is pathetic. I still contend that he's a good coach, but not for this team...not anymore. At the very least they need some new leadership that will give them a shot in arm/fresh perspective.

Tinsley is killing this team for sure. His lack of defense (skill and effort) gives other squads such a huge advantage that this team is struggling to compete. He got torched last night (again). Plus, his shot selection last night killed the comeback.

The lack of depth at point guard is obvious.

When Daniels is healthy I like all of our other positions personnel-wise.

Coach
Carey from Carmel IN

Louisville, KY

#31 Mar 7, 2007
At least the players seem to be communicating more articulate and insigtful comments. I feel Pacers are getting a better grasp on what it is going to take (offense, defense, attitude, effort/heart/pride wise) to win consistently in this league with this team on both ends of the floor.

"We have to stop people," said Jamaal Tinsley, who was unable to contain Bibby in the third period. "Everybody scored tonight, but when you're not stopping people it doesn't make a difference. We're not going to outscore anybody. We have to do it on the defensive end."

"We changed a few things, but we do that every game," Dunleavy said of the improved offensive attack. "We wanted to get out in the open court a little more. I think we did that. We have to continue to do that. For the most part we've been a halfcourt team, but we've got some guys who can get out and run and we've got to take advantage of that."

While fans hate to lose we can take a loss if they put forth the continued effort shown in the 2nd half. It is important the Pacers Team knows and is confident in their ability to come close to winning still! Keep adjusting and busting your rumps and it will happen. "Gotta Believe".
John S

Richmond, IN

#32 Mar 7, 2007
Coach,

I couldn't agree with you more on your analysis of Tinsley. If we can keep Daniels healthy and out of trouble we have a team we can work on. I still think Carlisle is the coach.
No One

Newport, KY

#33 Mar 7, 2007
Michael Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Have you been under a rock this year?
Not kidding you. What are you thinking? A draft pick or two will cure all ills?
LeBron was the most recent marquee player available for draft and Cleveland is doing as well with him as they would be without.
Is Jesus Christ or his Father declaring eligible for the draft?
There is no player to be drafted this year that will make or break the Pacers. Idiot!
SpeakHoosier

Newport, KY

#34 Mar 7, 2007
Your former teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading your posts and I'm going to tell you to put down your Colt's DVD and spend some time with a dictionary! Your posts almost need a translator. I've never heard the word "prolly." Do you by chance mean "probably?" And it's not the three "stuges" you freaking "stooge."
Oh, well. What good is being ignorant if you can't take it out and show it off?
knot anuther gramer police!? Eye hat thos guys!
Adam

Indianapolis, IN

#35 Mar 7, 2007
Todd in Indy wrote:
What has Walsh and the front office done since the JO for Dale Davis trade??
Jalen Rose, Travis Best, and Norm Richardson for Ron Artest, Brad Miller, Ron Mercer, and Kevin Ollie was an all-out fleecing of the Bulls at the time. Granted, Artest eventually went coo coo for Cocoa Puffs, but at the time he didn't have a real history of instability.
Michael Jordan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#36 Mar 7, 2007
No One wrote:
<quoted text>
Not kidding you. What are you thinking? A draft pick or two will cure all ills?
LeBron was the most recent marquee player available for draft and Cleveland is doing as well with him as they would be without.
Is Jesus Christ or his Father declaring eligible for the draft?
There is no player to be drafted this year that will make or break the Pacers. Idiot!
No I guess Jesus and his Pop aren't declaring for the draft. They're too busy whispering in your ear. Thanks for the heads up on this year's draft crop. We might as well let Atlanta have our pick.
usedtobepacerfan

Clayton, IN

#37 Mar 7, 2007
I don't necessarily think that Tinsley is the problem. He's just the only guy on the team that wants the last shot. I think Carlisle is the problem. His offense has no continuity whatsoever.Also, JO isn't a guy to build a team around
Matt

West Lafayette, IN

#38 Mar 7, 2007
What is with the recent lackluster play? I know we have been inconsistent all year, but why has it all just suddenly given out. Considering the fact that the talent is probably there do you feel the lack of effort and defense lapse are due in part to coaching or individual players?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web