Trial starts for Pacers Tinsley, Daniels in '07 bar fight

Full story: WISH-TV 8 Indiana News

Indiana Pacers players Jamaal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels are set to be tried on charges stemming from a February 2007 bar fight.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JanetM

Lake Zurich, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Radio news reports that a plea deal has been reached. With his history, Tinsley does not want to go to trial and get convicted of a felony because he will do some serious time. And...the beat goes on
moralturpitude

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

thugs! Why is a manager fighting any way? Dont they have bouncers or is he a thug also? Pacers need to get clean cut family men like Gordon or DJ White! If I was a millionare I would hire body gaurds to do my fightin like Bush has done with all those contractors in Iraq that have the sense not to stand around in one place to get blown up, "why are we fighting? Because we live here" red dawn.
Check yourself

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

I was hoping it was a trade deal that would have sent them packing ...
Who cares fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Pacers needs to get new leadership
we have lost our face with who we are and where we are going. the games are empty and the fans dont even care any more. We have be come a team of wantedbes Maybe we nee a baby sitters for these high paid players
CORNBREAD

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

JanetM wrote:
Radio news reports that a plea deal has been reached. With his history, Tinsley does not want to go to trial and get convicted of a felony because he will do some serious time. And...the beat goes on
WHO CARES?
honest Abe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Go Pacers, and take Tinsley and Daniels with you.
jma

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Tinsley is a loser and we need to get rid of him. He cant play ball unless hes the only one on the team out on the court by himself. He is a ball hog. Daniels is heading the same way and his hanging around Tinsley way to much.
We need to get some guys on the Pacers who actually want to play and for once WIN a game.
Kevin in Indianapolis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Once again the players are in the headlines and the organization stands pat! This once "Proud" [ Pacer Pride] franchise has lost all accountability, and shows no sign of accepting the responsibility of their actions. The destruction of community that has been left in it's wake is inexcusable. Where is the leadership? Where is the President of this organization? Who is willing to stop this downward spiral? I have difficulties with Mr. Larry Bird's ability to lead, that being said I think it's time for a change at the top. If your players don't respect your ability to lead, how in the world are you going to spearhead a sound commitment for change? It is my opinion [only a single fans outlook] that doing nothing speaks volumes about the true leadership of this organization.
Stop the madness, or demand a change!

PS My children have a curfew!
Robert May

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

fire them from the Pacers.
They not great players anyway.
Working Mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

I think jail time is what they should have gotten, They have given the Pacers a bad name. Get rid of them both.
Vicki

Jamison, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

I think the head honchos for the Pacers have NOT had a grip on anything concerning the team since the Detroit ordeal. Put Larry & Reggie back on the court...that's the only way the Pacers will get a W!!!!!
Justice Seeker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Just gose to show what money can buy!! Law states you break the law you do the time unless you are a Indiana Pacer!! I think their are to many deep pockets in Indiana's Justice System.
Bryan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Hooray for being above the law! Oh well, what the law doesn't punish, God will.
Kevin in Indianapolis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

I Agree
Kevin in Indianapolis wrote:
Once again the players are in the headlines and the organization stands pat! This once "Proud" [ Pacer Pride] franchise has lost all accountability, and shows no sign of accepting the responsibility of their actions. The destruction of community that has been left in it's wake is inexcusable. Where is the leadership? Where is the President of this organization? Who is willing to stop this downward spiral? I have difficulties with Mr. Larry Bird's ability to lead, that being said I think it's time for a change at the top. If your players don't respect your ability to lead, how in the world are you going to spearhead a sound commitment for change? It is my opinion [only a single fans outlook] that doing nothing speaks volumes about the true leadership of this organization.
Stop the madness, or demand a change!
PS My children have a curfew!
Ror

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Justice Seeker wrote:
Just gose to show what money can buy!! Law states you break the law you do the time unless you are a Indiana Pacer!! I think their are to many deep pockets in Indiana's Justice System.
HEY JUSTICE SEEKER!

GOSE?!?! Perhaps "goes" maybe?!? Think you should switch from "Justice" seeker to "Grammar" seeker.

I'm just sayin'
Melissa

Clayton, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

I don't think that 32 hours of community service is enough. It seems that Jamal Tinsley has had a hard time staying out of trouble and I don't feel that 32 hours makes up for all the bad things that he has been involved in. He should have to do much much more.
edward

Bedford, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Ror wrote:
WHAT A CROCK OF S**T !!
Unreal what money will buy you. Let's see a similar case and view the outcome of THAT!
i agree with ya 1000%
Liz

Peru, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Wait about a month and they will be in trouble again . Great role models for the kids though ( NOT !!!!!) I think Indiana does not need a bunch of thugs that get paid more than they are worth and the management that defends then . They should all be sent packing .
Ben

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

My home needs a coat of paint.
Jason

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

i don't want to sound racist but i went to a concert at the 8 sec saloon last weekend and from what i witnessed why would these black overpaid athletes want to go to a country bar filled with cowboys and good ole boys. they had to have known that their presence at this type of establishment would create chaos. were they looking for trouble that night?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marquis Daniels Discussions

Search the Marquis Daniels Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••