Pacers' defense playing catch-up

Pacers' defense playing catch-up

There are 23 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 18, 2007, titled Pacers' defense playing catch-up. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Scoring in the preseason hasn't been a problem for the Indiana Pacers. They are averaging 109 points a game, up nearly 14 from last season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Come ON

Pryor, OK

#1 Oct 19, 2007
Pacers have a defense! Really....Don't forget they are barely beating the weakest teams in the NBA....
Not to be negative, I'm positive the Pacers will barely win 30 games...
Swan

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 19, 2007
I am going with the optimistic side. O'Brien has a history of turning teams around. Pacers surprise everyone and challenge for the playoffs....I guarantee it! Of course, what does a guarantee on here mean?
Lets go Pacers

United States

#3 Oct 19, 2007
All I know is that they are 4-0 right now, will be 5-0 after tonight and then have at Chicago on no rest Sunday night. That is when we will see what we have against one of the best Eastern Conference teams.

Pacers will go 45-37 or better this year if there arent major injuries and they can tie up the defensive end in the second half. They will be much more exciting to watch than they have been in over 5 years.
Cube Jockey

Westerville, OH

#4 Oct 19, 2007
Come ON wrote:
Pacers have a defense! Really....Don't forget they are barely beating the weakest teams in the NBA....
Oh, look, another hater. What would we do without witty comments like yours?
Count Mein

Collierville, TN

#7 Oct 19, 2007
GET PACER POSITIVE PEOPLE!!
Dave

Carmel, IN

#8 Oct 19, 2007
Come ON wrote:
They look a lot better than they have in years and all of the players seem to be positive about the changes. If they are a running team, that will bring fans back becuase it will be more enjoyable to watch. Take your bitterness elsewhere
Wayne

Lafayette, IN

#10 Oct 19, 2007
The Pacers are the most boring team in the NBA. No superstar, a lethargic, injury plagued point-guard, and wingmen that are forgettable. Think about it. Name another team in the NBA with such low "star" value on the team? We are an insignificant franchise on the decline. That is reality!
Gordy

New Palestine, IN

#11 Oct 19, 2007
The pacers are awful. Bad citizens of the community, bad as a team, and bad role models for our kids! BOYCOTT THE PACERS! They are a joke, and we (the fan), pay for their salaries. No attendance equals lower revenues equals a wake up call to management that we aren't going to take it. BOYCOTT THE PACERS!
Wayne
Lafayette, IN Reply
|Flag |#10 43 min ago
The Pacers are the most boring team in the NBA. No superstar, a lethargic, injury plagued point-guard
I noticed that Wayne referred to himself as a "fan." I wonder how he came to that conclusion? Seems to me that in a free society a person can make up their own mind whether to "boycott" anything.
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 19, 2007
Come ON wrote:
You're a loser
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Oct 19, 2007
Wayne wrote:
The pacers are awful. Bad citizens of the community, bad as a team, and bad role models for our kids! BOYCOTT THE PACERS! They are a joke, and we (the fan), pay for their salaries. No attendance equals lower revenues equals a wake up call to management that we aren't going to take it. BOYCOTT THE PACERS!
You're a tool
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Oct 19, 2007
Wayne wrote:
The Pacers are the most boring team in the NBA. No superstar, a lethargic, injury plagued point-guard, and wingmen that are forgettable. Think about it. Name another team in the NBA with such low "star" value on the team? We are an insignificant franchise on the decline. That is reality!
You're full of it
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Oct 19, 2007
Gordy wrote:
Wayne
Lafayette, IN Reply
|Flag |#10 43 min ago
The Pacers are the most boring team in the NBA. No superstar, a lethargic, injury plagued point-guard
I noticed that Wayne referred to himself as a "fan." I wonder how he came to that conclusion? Seems to me that in a free society a person can make up their own mind whether to "boycott" anything.
You're a dope
Adam

Bloomington, IN

#16 Oct 19, 2007
Wayne wrote:
So you're saying the "fans" should turn on the team and make it a team that *truly* has no one in their corner. And somehow this will make other "star" players want to come play for us? HELLO? McFLY!? If the Pacers really have become insignificant, it's directly a result of people like you.
Cube Jockey

Cleveland, OH

#17 Oct 19, 2007
Wayne wrote:
Yeah, and I'm sure you're such an outstanding citizen. I'm sure you contributions can be felt statewide. Go back to your pathetic life and take your unitelligent comments with you.
No Blood for Pastel

North Haven, CT

#18 Oct 19, 2007
Wayne wrote:
If you want to be picky, the beloved "fans" don't exactly pay the full salaries of the players. There are merchandising fees such as posters, jerseys, etc. There is a fairly sizable television contract involving an over the air network, cable television, and various international satellite deals. There is a fairly extensive revenue sharing deal, and each team owner also will chip in funds as well. It's not the 1 to 1 relationship between ticket and salary.

I agree that this year's team appears to be at least starting out on a much better footing than the last couple of Carlisle years. That's a start, at least.
big jon

Florence, KY

#19 Oct 19, 2007
you guys need to stop sleeping on the pacers. i personally think we'll win 45 games but if not i think the effort is gonna be there this season. i went to the game tonight, as well as the no, and mem games, and we played terrible in the 1st half but came out and showed some good effort in the second half. its really fun to watch again!! remember the team right after the fight. all the heart they played with? i think we have some of that again.
big jon

Florence, KY

#20 Oct 19, 2007
why does this stupid thing say i'm from louisville???? im from franklin, in
big jon

Florence, KY

#21 Oct 19, 2007
ohhh and to wayne who said:
"The Pacers are the most boring team in the NBA. No superstar, a lethargic, injury plagued point-guard, and wingmen that are forgettable. Think about it. Name another team in the NBA with such low "star" value on the team? We are an insignificant franchise on the decline. That is reality!"
you don't need stars to be a good team. just look at the 2001 patriots. no stars on the team at that time. Teams win games not one player.
Kobela123

Newark, OH

#22 Oct 19, 2007
KOBE.
Wayne

Lafayette, IN

#23 Oct 24, 2007
Unintelligent???? Show me one thing that I wrote that is not true? I also don't remember to claim I do such great statewide deeds, so I'm not sure why you want to personally attack me??? DO YOU NEED A HUG TODAY? LOL LOL LOL LOSER!
Cube Jockey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I'm sure you're such an outstanding citizen. I'm sure you contributions can be felt statewide. Go back to your pathetic life and take your unitelligent comments with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web