Pacers' losing streak grows to 9 games

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The invitations have been sealed and they're ready to go. The only thing missing is a team willing to accept the Indiana Pacers' current playoff spot.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 75 of75
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bosnian

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Larry Bird is the worst owner. He does not want to spend money and buy a player that actually knows how to play. He thinks he can buy young and cheap players and develop them. It has not worked in the last ten years for him. We need a new owner like Jay-z who will spend a dollar to have a basketball team.
antony_hardaway

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Former Fan wrote:
WHO CARES ??!!!!??
If you don't care then why are you posting. This a pacer sight. And why are youreading all the comments.
Dr Phil McGraw

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

bosnian wrote:
Larry Bird is the worst owner. He does not want to spend money and buy a player that actually knows how to play. He thinks he can buy young and cheap players and develop them. It has not worked in the last ten years for him. We need a new owner like Jay-z who will spend a dollar to have a basketball team.
Now um I beg to differ Jerry Jones
midwestspicoli

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the losing Pacer teams of the 80's played with heart ... and actually avoided the police off the court!
That was then this is now. Back in the 1980's they didn't constantly foul eachother nor palm the ball and do all thoes stupid dunks.
fire coach carlise

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

keep jo bring larry back as coach and let donnie find the talent get got us reggie miller dale dave and a.d. brought in mark jackson. and big smooth and chris mullen. he can find talent and larry bird should coach much better coach then a front office guy and to you naysays go pacerss i still love my team unlike u fair weather fans.. i bleed blue and gold and cream and crimson and blut ane white my local teams
THE REAL REALITY

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Jackass; Dunleavy and Murphy were overpaid slow, less than average bench warmers...They shouldn't be starters but dumbo Carlisle has to play them because looney Larry and Dumbo Donnie made that stupid trade...You have Dunleavy and Murphy playing major minutes they shouldn't even be in the NBA...
Well atleast we got the 2 second best men of the trade in Diagu & Murphy and we FINALLY got rid of Stephen "Just Shoot Me" Jackson who just makes what ever team he plays on worst then ever. Shoot this guy doesn't even belong in the CBA (Canadian Basketball Assoation) if it even exsist.
Proud Black and Educated

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

eli wrote:
<quoted text>The question as to who was a better coach is in question ! Isaiah was to stay as the coach when Larry bird was rehired by Donnie Walsh . However, Isaiah refused to have any conversation/contact with Larry Bird ,and Larry had no choice but to have Donnie Walsh fire Thomas ! Isaiah was going to serve as a "Buffer" between players such as Ron Artest ( and we no how that went ). Communication is a key element when engaging with todays athletes. Isaiah let his team down when he failed to overcome his pride, and we will never know who was a better coach under Larry Bird ( Isaiah or Rick ).
So , first, and foremost before you make a comment ( esp. if you are so educated ) know your subject matter, and truth would serve to validate your claim ! And I have read your incoherent rambling , articulate :no ;
poor grammeer : yes ; proof you are educated as you claim : no !
Little hateful there arenít you dude. One this is a blog not an English mid-term so I don't spend too much time proof reading. Two, you can't know if I am articulate since you have never spoken to me (Pick up a Merriam-Webster sometime). Finally, I guess you were in the office when all this happened and you know Isaiah and Larry personally so you know how they disagreed and why he left.
Ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

midwestspicoli wrote:
Ahaahaha right let me start this post by telling ya'all a little story:
10 years ago C/PF Tim Duncan was drafted #1 by the San Antonio Spurs winning the franchise thier first 3 NBA championships making the first ever ABA conversion team to win an NBA championship. Now 10 years ago the Boston Celtics had the worst record in the NBA and thought they would get Duncan and out of all the 7 or 11 teams in the lottery round for him San Antonio would be the least likely to end up with him cause they had the last slot giving them 1/28 chance at getting the number 1 pick as apposed to Boston's 7/28 chances. Also usually the team with the worst record in the NBA gets the #1 pick in the draft. Tim Duncan may also be the greatest NBA prospect since Michael Jorden.
Now the Indiana Pacers are currently in the playoffs, but if JO stays injured like David Robinson AKA the Spurs Retired star player for a while did 10 yeeras ago and the Pacers keep this loosing streek up with Jackass Jamaal Tinsley in the Line up. I'd say the 7 lottery picks could easily go to these teams in this order and here's why
1.Boston Celtics-Can't beat the longest loosing streek in Professional sports
2.Portland Trail Blazers-Small market team that has had too much bad luck with free adgency and bad draftpicks like MIch St.'s Zach Randoff
3.Atlanta Hawks-Too many forwards and no guards or centers
4.Golden State Woiers-Just Shoot Me Jackson was the biggest mistake to take for any team in the NBA. Man that guy sucks so bad he shouldn't even be playing in the CBA (Canadian Basketball Assoation). However he is good enough for the prison peanil league. HHHmmmm mabey Tinsley could join him and be his butt buddy
5.Minphis Grizzlies-once again playing like the VanCover Grizzleis before they moved might as well ship em back up north to C-A-N-A-D-A if they can't get good again.
6.New Orleans Hornets-Too much focus on moving the team to Oklohama city has cost them thier starr player PG Barren Davis
7.Indiana Pacers-Star Player injured towards the end of the season, too many forwards not enough guards
Now this picture with Greg Oden looks allot simular to the one 10 years ago with Tim Duncan, so the Pacers may have a consperical 10 year Boston cursed by the best shot in the lotto chance at getting Oden this year. Just like the ever so long great bambino curse which was broken a few years ago.
SO KEEP LOSSING STREEK UP PACERS SO WE CAN HAVE A LADGIT SHOT AT DRAFTING ODEN NEXT YEAR, LETS SEE IF YOU CAN BEAT THE ST. LEWIS BLUES EARLIER LOOSING STREEK OF 11 GAMES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!
And for the record I would love more then anything to see boston get the Number 2 bathroom pick right behind the Pacers next year and even more I'd like to see the Colts beat thoes Pathetic New England Patriot Panzies in the playoffs again then go on to repiet the big one only this time it would have to be the game before the AFC title one at the dome. So thoes Bitter Pathetic New England Patriot
Panzie fans will hate us more then even cause our state is better then thier's in professional sports. JUST KEEP HATING US YOU BITTER PATHETIC PATRIOT PANZIE FANS, WE LOVE IT MORE THEN ANYTHING CAUSE RIGHT NOW OUR COLTS OUR HOT AND YOUR PATHETIC PATRIOTS ARE NOT AND NEVER WILL BE FOR AN EXTREEMLY LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHY I'VE OFFICIALLY DEAMED THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS NFL FRANCHISE AS BEING LEAST WORTHY OF THE BIG VINCE LOMBARDI TROPHY AKA SUPERBOWL TITLE FOR 3 MORE YEARS AND ONCE AGAIN I SAY WHO'S WITH ME????
You're an idiot. I really wish people like yourself would keep your mouth shut so you don't make Hoosiers sound like dumbas*es.
Break up the Pacers

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

Trade O'Neil, Tinsley and Dunleavy and rebuild, this team as constituted has no chance at winning a Title.

The Pacers need to consider whether the current coach has been passed by in terms of getting talent to perform.
The Pacers are no match for the Dallas Mavericks, the Phoenix Suns and the like. Speed on offense is not a sin. And this team used to be great on defense and now its not -- the coach needs to take the blame for that.
midwestspicoli

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

jen in mooresville wrote:
i wouldn't pay money to go and see those losers play
i mean the way they act is disgraceful.
Who would?????????
Pike hawk

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

THE REAL REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well atleast we got the 2 second best men of the trade in Diagu & Murphy and we FINALLY got rid of Stephen "Just Shoot Me" Jackson who just makes what ever team he plays on worst then ever. Shoot this guy doesn't even belong in the CBA (Canadian Basketball Assoation) if it even exsist.
You must be from French Lick;Jackson is much better than Murphy and Dunleavy put together...They are below average jerks, just like Carlisle...
COLTS IN 08

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Pike hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be from French Lick;Jackson is much better than Murphy and Dunleavy put together...They are below average jerks, just like Carlisle...
BULL SH!T THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!
And for the record it was Birds dumb idea to bring Just Shoot Me Jackson to the team.
THE REAL REALITY

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

Pike hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
BULL SH!T THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!
And for the record it was Birds dumb idea to bring Just Shoot Me Jackson to the team.
THE REAL REALITY

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Dagger63 wrote:
Have you guy's been watchin Harrington and Jackson with the warriors?? Their doing much better. Al had like 29 points last night
OK first off I've already admitted Al Harrington was the best man in the trade, he is good we were sad to see him go. BUT AS FAR AS JUST SOOT ME JACKSON GOES ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT IS SO WHAT HE STILL SUCKS!!!
When he played for the Pacers at first he was good, but later he just made things worst and worst for the entier team proving he wasn't even good enough for the CBA (Canadian Basketball Association). So we'll just see what you think next season when he starts stealing the ball, then hogs it and takes a stupid 3 point shot then misses it over 90% of the time. THAT MAN CAN'T EVEN SHOOT A GUN STRAIT LET ALONE A BASKETBALL!!!!!!
THE REAL REALITY

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2007

Dagger63 wrote:
<quoted text>He wont get looks like that with B Davis and J Rich on the floor
only if he sits on the bench

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 75 of75
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marquis Daniels Discussions

Search the Marquis Daniels Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••