Pacers' losing streak grows to 9 games

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The invitations have been sealed and they're ready to go. The only thing missing is a team willing to accept the Indiana Pacers' current playoff spot.
Comments
1 - 20 of 75 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2007
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
pacer lose again

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

make them us? make them go away!!!
Bye to Tinsley
Sheed

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Y'all ain't been there since the brawl.
REALITY

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

The Pacers are as pitiful as it gets! They will not make the playoffs; Carlisle can't coach (never could that's why Detroit got rid of him); Bird and Walsh don't know talent; it's pretty crazy that we trade 2 starters for 2 slow, less than average bench warmers and you expect the Pacers to win..come on you know we are in the Oden-Durant race now! The Pacers would struggle with Florida, Ohio State, North Carolina, or North Central High School if you get the drift!!

“DRAGONS DEN INTERNET RADIO”

Since: Feb 07

INDIANAPOLIS,IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

MAYBE if the fans supported the team more like when Reggie played for them that would hlep.. Another issue is all the bad publicity or should I say arrest & attitude the players have shown. Players (NBA,NFL,etc) are supposed to be romodels for our children. Lately I would say NOT!
Tim

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Lottery baby... its the best thing that could happen for this team and they're finally realizing it.
special ed

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

That one game suspension Tins was handed musta been real serious team discipline as the guy jumped right back into the starting lineup and gave us a real stellar performance.
Time to look at those who hand out such a suspnsion to a sub par player. Rules violation? He//, the guy's looking at legal violations!
Jay R

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

1) I wont say Carlisle can't coach, but his system doesn't match the players. Carlisle is better suited for college basketball.
2) Jermain Oneal is overrated. Has anyone else noticed that he spends more time on the bench injured at times when the Pacers need their so called superstar.
3) I still have faith in Bird and Walsh, but it is time to clean house completely from the coaching staff to all the players and start from scratch.
BIG RJ

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

fired rick carlisle, fired larry bird
trade jermaine oneal and start to rebuild thats the only way will be able to win a championship
Former Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

WHO CARES ??!!!!??
Rich from Indy

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

It's time to tank the season and look at next year. We need a "True" star on this team and hopefully we'll make the right call draft night. We have some solid role players, but i really don't feel we have that "one" guy.

Jermaine is having a great year statisticly, but stats can be deceiving. We need that guy that can take a game over when it counts and Jermaine isn't that guy.
danny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

I can really careless about them as for as im concerned they move out of Indiana permently ...
Seth

Martinsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

If we are in the lottery, do our drafts rights still go to Atlanta? Or do we give them our draft pick next year? I know we traded away both of our picks this year...
Brown Left

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Look who is the coach of the Cav's? He was a coach ALL of the pacers respected and ever since he left we have been going down hill.

Jermaine is a waste of time for all of us. He wants a trade - go ahead and give it to him. Lets go for Durant in the first round :)
TheOUTLAW

Hamilton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Durant is just pipe dream for you guys.
James

Greencastle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

REALITY wrote:
The Pacers are as pitiful as it gets! They will not make the playoffs; Carlisle can't coach (never could that's why Detroit got rid of him); Bird and Walsh don't know talent; it's pretty crazy that we trade 2 starters for 2 slow, less than average bench warmers and you expect the Pacers to win..come on you know we are in the Oden-Durant race now! The Pacers would struggle with Florida, Ohio State, North Carolina, or North Central High School if you get the drift!!
What are you talking about? Two bench warmers? Check out the stats lately, dumbo. Dunleavy and Murphy are not warming the bench but are contributing a lot --- at least as much as Harrington and Jackson were. And, I think we got a jewel in the rough with Ike. He has been playing pretty good lately since Jermaine has been injured. He is a young player that has a lot of potential. Danny has been struggling. He might be trying too hard, I don't know. It's tough to lose like we have been doing, and I'm sure it's depressing to our team as well as our fans. But, let's stick with them for the rest of the year and see what happens over the summer.
pacers_suck

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Walsh, Bird, Carlisle should resign or be fired. This team is a total failure. Why would anyone pay money to watch them play?
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Don't worry about a #1 pick this year; remember we traded that to ATL for Harrington! I'm glad that worked out!
AJJ

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

It's tourney time, then baseball. No one cares, though it will be interesting to see how many games the Pacers win the rest of the season? I'd say three, maybe. That would give them a 32-50 record after being 29-24 on Feb 21.

3-26 in your last 29. Yeah, I'm sure Carlisle and Tinsley will keep their jobs. Seriously, is there a worse starting point guard in the NBA, especially shooting-wise, than Jamal? NO. And yet, on ESPN radio the other day, they said this is his best season. That's scary.
Hoosier Sammy

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Daryl we love ya guy but your rant trying to convince the Pacer Fans that the decision has not been made to tank this season and get in the Oden and Durant sweepstakes simply proves how loyal you are.

Sorry Daryl, I ain't buying it!!!!!

For anyone watching or still paying attention to the Pacers, to think that anything other than a desperate attempt by management to save the 1st round draft pick for the shot at Oden or Durant is simply naive.

In fact if management would just come clean with the fans and admit they have thrown in the towel, it would probably go along way to repairing their lousy image. Of course we must still remember that the pick will be controlled by a brain trust with a less than encouraging draft record.

Tanking the season is the only option the Pacers have. Nobody wants the players they have. If they at least get a draft pick they are then able to use it or trade it. But remember we are putting choices in the hands of a brain trust that have proven incompetence on their side.

I might even watch a game or two yet this season if Donnie would just tell the fans "we are in panic mode we are going to play a bunch of people that get restricted time our goal is to lose the game in order to secure the one draft pick we have."

Then Pacers Fans PRAY.
Eddie In Fla

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Play offs ? Play offs <Jim Mora voice> Are you kidding me? Who would even attend a play off game if the Pacers backe into them? Carlisle is the problem. Bird can't find players who will play for the guy. Harrington was supposed to be the locker room guy but he revolted against Carlisle's system also....Eddie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marquis Daniels Discussions

Search the Marquis Daniels Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••