Carlisle's return hot Pacers' topic

Carlisle's return hot Pacers' topic

There are 69 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 16, 2007, titled Carlisle's return hot Pacers' topic. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Will Indiana Pacers coach Rick Carlisle be back next season? That's the question many fans are asking and debating as the Pacers seek to end an 11-game losing streak that has jeopardized their playoff standing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ThugBall

Brownsburg, IN

#65 Mar 18, 2007
The NBA is thugged out. No interest. GONE are the days of Knicks vs. Hicks...Reggie and Spike...Dale D and Antonio...Rick...Mark Jackson...Chris Mullin...Perkins...Larry B/Larry B as coach...playing with heart, etc.

Maybe we can 'ship' the franchise to Las Vegas and get an NHL team? Pittsburgh is looking to move; Conseco FH is GREAT for hockey. Las Vegas would be a good match: warm climate, out west (where everyone wants to play thug ball)...shady reputation...and "what happens" there "stays" there.

Sounds like a win/win/win to me.
Lance E Robinson

Anaheim, CA

#66 Mar 19, 2007
I'm sure Rick is a nice guy. But his coaching style is boring. And there must've been a reason Detroit let him go after his winning records there, and it wasn't all about getting Larry Brown.

Ask his former players, like Anthony Johnson and Austin Croshere.

In my opionion, the biggest offseason mistake wasn't keeping Jackson and getting Al Harrington. It was building a team for an up-tempo game and rehiring a micro-managing coach. If we had changed coaches this year, it's my opinion we'd still have Al Harrington, and we'd have a much better record, while being much more up-tempo and fun to watch as well.
Evan from Greenfield IN

Shirley, IN

#67 Mar 19, 2007
I think that Rick is doing his best and I hope he can turn things around but it looks as if that he will be gone this summer but I also hope that that is not the case.
Marcia Harris

Indianapolis, IN

#68 Mar 21, 2007
I don't know if it's Rick Carlisle's coaching style, a lack of effort on the part of the players, or a lack of chemistry, but the talent is there -- it just isn't working. Something has to change and I believe it rests with the staff leaders. Rick and Larry Byrd both should go. We haven't been worth squat since Reggie left, so is it a lack of leadership? Something has to change -- this team is pathetic right now and losing money and fan respect, big time!
Pathetic Pacers

United States

#69 Mar 21, 2007
Funny how the Warriors are going to the playoffs in the West yet the Pacers can't make the playoffs in the pitiful east. Thats what happen when you bring in the terrible twosome bench players(Dunleavy and murphy) and try to make them starters. Way to go Carlisle and Bird, your NBA affirmative action program that you thoght would bring fans back has made you miss the playoffs.
CAROLYN

United States

#70 Mar 24, 2007
Just maybe in the POST Game
IT would really be nice to say just one time..... Great game guys. Thanks
CAROLYN

United States

#71 Mar 24, 2007
Sorry

I MEANT (RICK)
CAROLYN

United States

#72 Mar 24, 2007
mawno wrote:
You Know Mr. Carlisle...I do not think I have ever seen you smile. A smile and encouragement,exemplify excitement in a team, which lights a little fire in their playing. If you can't muster a smile at least to encourage your team, I think you had better pack your bags, and Happy Trails to You....
Very funny Rick can't smile (he's got chew in his mouth. He spits in his cup all the time he's not got his fingers in his nose.
CAROLYN

United States

#73 Mar 24, 2007
Rev Flozelle wrote:
I'm seeing some intersting things posted on these here 'dis-cussin' boards lately. Here's sumpin to chew the fat about:
Who buys the majority of lower-level and club seating and suit tix? White folks. Who plays the most in the NBA? Minorities. What has the Pacer's front office done in the last five years? Run off the only minority head coach the franchise has ever had, traded away predominantly minority players whom the 'majority' fan base has labled as 'trouble makers.' Brought in alot of players whom the 'majority' fan base identifies with (whether they can actually play NBA caliber ball or not) and retain a white head coach and front office that has done nothing but underachieve the last 3 years. Maybe it's time the Pacers quit trying to placate the 'majority' fans in this town and concentrate more on bring'in in players that play and coaches that these players can identify with and play for?
Hey REV U need to back to reading all u can handle.or go back to church...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Daniels Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA says replay shows foul was called incorrect... (May '12) May '12 Boo Freakin Hoo Hoo 1
News Leominster youngster is a Celtics superfan - Se... (Jun '10) Sep '10 nikeairmax 6
News Celtics re-sign backup Marquis Daniels - Sentin... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Norm McKinnon 1
News Celtics beaten by New Jersey Nets (Mar '10) May '10 jonathan51793 6
News Nets surprise Celtics 104-96 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cammy 1
News Celtics' Pierce likely out today against Cavs -... (Feb '10) Feb '10 orin 2
News Pacers agree to community service (Mar '08) Nov '09 Truth123 237
More from around the web