Knicks might trade Randolph to Grizzlies

Knicks might trade Randolph to Grizzlies

There are 13 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 8, 2008, titled Knicks might trade Randolph to Grizzlies. In it, Newsday reports that:

The opportunity is there for Donnie Walsh to jettison Zach Randolph 's unwanted hefty contract from the Knicks ' payroll for some coveted salary-cap relief for 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

CoolClyde

New York, NY

#1 Sep 9, 2008
don't give up the first round pick!
BrkmB

Raleigh, NC

#2 Sep 9, 2008
Trade him already!
jys22

United States

#6 Sep 9, 2008
It definitely had my blood boiling when Memphis had to throw in that demand. What, are they trying to pull a fast one over Donnie and the Knicks? No surprise considering that it has been one bad deal after another, but Donnie is no Isiah or at least I hope not. Considering that he initiated these trade talks, it's up to him to cut if off if the deal includes the pick.
KJ from Queens

Decatur, GA

#7 Sep 9, 2008
Forget U Racists first of all!! I mean, Darko Milicic? I want Randolph gone, but for a dude that is soft as muffin and has done nothing in the NBA after being a 1st round pick or bust!!! This is the NBA....what predominantly White team has won since the '80's Celtics? What the hell do we care what color they are. I am a fan of David Lee because he can play....Celtics had an all black team and won, the Lakers had 3 white guys and lost. Dave De "butcher" was tough, so was Bradley, Riley and Phil Jackson...we don't need anymore soft players we have had soft Black and White players for too long. In the end you can't win Championships with that kind of team. WOW when did we start burning crosses in New York!!
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#10 Sep 9, 2008
This trade is a zero sum gain, yet I'd make the trade AS LONG AS THE 1ST ROUND PICK IN 2010 IS "LOTTERY PROTECTED"...
jon

New York, NY

#11 Sep 9, 2008
donnie is doin the right thing. but should we give up a 1st round pick?? i dont think so
jon

New York, NY

#13 Sep 10, 2008
they are taking to much time make the trade get these guys practicing, and meeting the team
jon

New York, NY

#14 Sep 10, 2008
how many people think this will be a good trade for the knicks, and why!!!!!
Chris

AOL

#18 Sep 10, 2008
I can't believe there is a team dumb enough to trade for Randolph. Give up the pick if you have to, Addition by subtraction.
2Str8Chipsforthe Jints

Huntington, NY

#19 Sep 11, 2008
Donnie needs to get a deal done already. Clearly they don't want Randolph, and he doesn't want to be here. This is similar to the Giants situation with Shockey. The Knicks have received 2 offers for this bum, and they still want more. I can see his reasoning for not wanting to trade a 1st round pick because if the Knicks stink it up this season, it might be a lottery pick, but they have to get something done already. Trade D. Lee too.
jerry

Orlando, FL

#23 Sep 13, 2008
The Arko's are nogos. Don't need Marko, Darko hasn't shown heart. At least Randolf has heart. I think you gotta hold'm Donnie. You will get a better player during the season. Need to be patient....he is a 20, 10 guy, not many of them. He does play with heart....while he can't block shots or play team ball well, I'd like to see what D'Antoni can do with him before we trade him. Darko does have big upside, but I question his heart and his consistency. He is more a bust than anything else, Dumars wouldn't have let him go, he is too smart, otherwise.
jerry

Orlando, FL

#24 Sep 13, 2008
OK, 99 percent of the people out there are respectable, then you get the other 1 percent who have try to offend people. The game is about basketball and the great players that play it. Lets not degrade ourselves down to the thoughts of a few, and maybe just one or two, who keep changing his names and try to stir up things. Great men have died to defend the rights of man set forth by God. He died for all men and lives in all men who call his name. Cowards are always going to be out there hiding in the shadows because thats the only place they can reveal their nature without having to show themselves in the light.
KJ from Queens

Decatur, GA

#25 Sep 15, 2008
jerry wrote:
OK, 99 percent of the people out there are respectable, then you get the other 1 percent who have try to offend people. The game is about basketball and the great players that play it. Lets not degrade ourselves down to the thoughts of a few, and maybe just one or two, who keep changing his names and try to stir up things. Great men have died to defend the rights of man set forth by God. He died for all men and lives in all men who call his name. Cowards are always going to be out there hiding in the shadows because thats the only place they can reveal their nature without having to show themselves in the light.
Well said, Sir

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marko Jaric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rerouting suits Chalmers (Jan '09) Jan '09 mydrick taylor 2
News Forward thinking: Minnesota Timberwolves' draft... (Jun '08) Nov '08 Doc T 44
News Knicks-Grizzlies Trade Rumor Swirls (Oct '08) Oct '08 Kante 1
News NBA: No Love for Timberwolves' rookie (Oct '08) Oct '08 Commish 3
News Knicks can't unload Randolph (Sep '08) Oct '08 GMoney 12
News Minnesota Timberwolves have three-point threat ... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Barry 14
News Wolves draft Mayo, deal him (Jun '08) Jun '08 bryts 113
More from around the web