Clippers, Blazers set to talk trade with Knicks?

Full story: Newsday 35
With the holiday season over, trade talks are expected to pick up this week, and teams such as the Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Clippers could be major movers. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ctb

Austin, TX

#1 Jan 5, 2009
I can't believe that D'Antoni or Dunleavy are not agressively pursuing Bayless. Bayless is a very similar to Tony Parker and bigger.

Nate plays Bayless at the two, but won't play him at the point, which is ridiculous. If Portland going to just waste his talent, I'd rather see him play somewhere else.
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#2 Jan 5, 2009
If the Knicks even think trading for Channing Frye will replace the 10+ rebounds per game David Lee gets is delusional...

Jerryd Bayless will become a nice player in the league. Not enough to trade for, though...

Wait for a better deal to come the Knicks way at the trading deadline...
jys22

New York, NY

#3 Jan 5, 2009
Oh man, I'd welcome back Marcus Camby right away although it would be tough to lose a guy like D-Lee. I just got around reading Marbury's blog (amusing stuff), I don't see what the big deal is. Anyway, good win yesterday..
2BackStack

Centerport, NY

#4 Jan 5, 2009
Somebody help me out here...

Isn't today the last day we can do something with half of Mobely's salary?

Shouldn't we be expecting a move today?

BTW, NYSOM, the idea is to get Camby and Bayless (AND maybe Frye). And get rid of Lee, Rose and QRich/Roberson.

Camby replaces Lee's rebounds and adds a serious shot blocking/defensive presence in the middle. Frye becomes your 3rd or 4th swingman to give the rest a breather. Bayless becomes your backup PG.
jazzulike

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#5 Jan 5, 2009
Trade Curry for Camby.

Trade Nate, Richardson, Roberson and LEE to Portland for Outlaw, Frye, Rodriguez & Bayless.

If they want LEE they have to take Richardson.
Scott

Milford, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2009
Why trade for Lee for Camby when you are just going to let Camby's contract expire after next year? All his shot blocking will do now is hurt the lottery shot. Plus you lose Lee who Donnie wants to keep. I don't get it. I hope this is just another bogus rumor.
john tarpey

Bronx, NY

#7 Jan 5, 2009
al,
i would love to have marcus camby back as a knick & bayless has potential as a two guard.

david lee is limited & will be looking for decent money over the summer & nate robinson the same. I would trade both these guys.

also Eddy Curry to the Timberwolves for mark madson & brian cardinal would be a wise move by donnie walsh.
joey

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jan 5, 2009
ide love to see lee and richardson go for camby, bayless. frye is horible i watch almost evry game that comes on the nba package and frye can't make a shot he is a bum. have you herd the other rumor marbury for baron davis now that would be great, we should make the playoffs, forget 2010, now body good is coming to new york, im a knick fan but i don't belive it.
william terry

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jan 5, 2009
maybe the knicks can include danilo gallinari in a trade to portland, maybe if donnie walsh had drafted brook lopez instead of danilo gallinari,the knicks would not be in a need of a center
Kevin

Trussville, AL

#10 Jan 5, 2009
Clippers waived two role players which is significant because most of their team is injured and they probably wouldn't have done it unless they are expecting players via trade shortly.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 5, 2009
Scott wrote:
Why trade for Lee for Camby when you are just going to let Camby's contract expire after next year? All his shot blocking will do now is hurt the lottery shot. Plus you lose Lee who Donnie wants to keep. I don't get it. I hope this is just another bogus rumor.
I also hope this is a rumor, Lee is the Knicks most consistent rebounder, hustles for loose balls and is an excellent free throw shooter.
Don't trade for Camby, he's about what? 34 or 35 years old, if anything they would need to get younger. Get rid of dead weight like Jerome James, Eddy Curry and try to move Malik Rose for maybe a future pick.
The Knicks need to keep Lee.
jazzulike

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#12 Jan 5, 2009
How about:

Richardson & Nate to Clipper-land for Camby

and

Marbury, Curry, Roberson & Lee to Portland for;

Lafrentz, Bayless, Blake, Frye & Outlaw.
Tiffany

United States

#13 Jan 5, 2009
why would the clippers want to trade wit the knicks again?they already got zach,and my mardy,fred jones was a knick then became a free agent and now he signed wit the clippers,i mean damn,what else do they want,cuz they're not gettin starbury,hes going to the celtics,chris duhon is under a contract,but hes not going no where reguardless,wilson is not going no where,quentins not going no where,eddy is not going no where,and anthony roberson is not going no where,who else they got:david lee is staying wit us,they can have back tim thomas,and give mardy back,and they can have malik rose,and jerome james,we dont need them,and there you have it,give away jerome,tim and malik for mardy collins

Since: Feb 08

Valrico, FL

#14 Jan 5, 2009
I LEVEL - We all know Curry and JJ are dead weight. So does the rest of the NBA. Who would want them?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 5, 2009
RandyinFla wrote:
I LEVEL - We all know Curry and JJ are dead weight. So does the rest of the NBA. Who would want them?
Can't let that stop from at least trying.
Isiah did a number to the team with those two.
Tiffany

United States

#16 Jan 5, 2009
clippers get:tim,jerome,and malik.
knicks give back:mardy collins
blazers give back:channing frye
jazzulike

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#17 Jan 5, 2009
How about:

Richardson to Clip-land for Camby since their season is over....

and

LEE, Roberson & Nate for Portland's Spaniards and Bayless.
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#18 Jan 5, 2009
2BackStack wrote:
Somebody help me out here...

Isn't today the last day we can do something with half of Mobely's salary?

Shouldn't we be expecting a move today?

BTW, NYSOM, the idea is to get Camby and Bayless (AND maybe Frye). And get rid of Lee, Rose and QRich/Roberson.

Camby replaces Lee's rebounds and adds a serious shot blocking/defensive presence in the middle. Frye becomes your 3rd or 4th swingman to give the rest a breather. Bayless becomes your backup PG.
Never was big on Camby. Regularly did not play due to some injury. Go back and see how many games Camby played for the Nuggets after he was traded from the Knicks. He had ONE season (last season) where he played 80 games...
david

Long Island City, NY

#19 Jan 6, 2009
joey wrote:
ide love to see lee and richardson go for camby, bayless. frye is horible i watch almost evry game that comes on the nba package and frye can't make a shot he is a bum. have you herd the other rumor marbury for baron davis now that would be great, we should make the playoffs, forget 2010, now body good is coming to new york, im a knick fan but i don't belive it.
If you're going to post, you better learn to spell first dude!
Scott

Milford, PA

#20 Jan 6, 2009
Donnie just confirmed that the trade for Camby stuff was made up!

Some idiot was spreading rumors and some other loser blog believed it and printed it.

David Lee isn't going anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcus Camby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
Could the New York Knicks Acquire Tyreke Evans ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 6
New York Knicks Making LeBron James Plans: Quen... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Heat Fan 2
Nothin' but Net: Once-solid Knicks, Clippers sh... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginobili 1
Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
NBA trade rumors 2013: Danny Granger trade to N... (Feb '13) Feb '13 james 1
Can the New York Knicks Still Be Considered a C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Heavy Mental 2

Marcus Camby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE