L.A. Clippers dock in Playa Vista

Full story: Daily Breeze

Marcus Camby, about to begin his first season with the Los Angeles Clippers, talks with the press, above, at the team s new training facility in Playa Vista.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jun 29, 2009
culver city resident

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Welcome Clippers. We hope that Culver City will be a lucky choice for you in the coming seasons. Work Hard!
Concerns: I hope that security has been well thought out. We do not want the nearby Inglewood Bad Eliments thinking Culver City is their new hangout.
hmmm

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

culver city resident wrote:
Welcome Clippers. We hope that Culver City will be a lucky choice for you in the coming seasons. Work Hard!
Concerns: I hope that security has been well thought out. We do not want the nearby Inglewood Bad Eliments thinking Culver City is their new hangout.
Too Late... Have you been to Fox Hills Mall lately??? Studio Village?? Or, right around the corner at the Bridge on a Friday or Saturday night???(Only one block out of C.C.) A completely different element than the residents of the area. Too bad, isn't it??

Since: May 08

fromLong Beach/nowinLawndale

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Im just happy it isnt the Raiders lol, their fans are loyal...but.

Culver City and surrounding areas have gone to poop in recent years, as has MOST areas around here. All that is left is manhattan beach, malibu, and pacific palisades.
keith

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text> Too Late... Have you been to Fox Hills Mall lately??? Studio Village?? Or, right around the corner at the Bridge on a Friday or Saturday night???(Only one block out of C.C.) A completely different element than the residents of the area. Too bad, isn't it??
yes it is too late,talking about inglewood or the bridge and fox hills mall, have you been down up the street on centinela just across jefferson, where the projects of culver city is, before you start talking about being close to a different element,you need to think about the element right there in culver city which is right up the street, opp too bad isn't it
hmmm

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

keith wrote:
<quoted text>yes it is too late,talking about inglewood or the bridge and fox hills mall, have you been down up the street on centinela just across jefferson, where the projects of culver city is, before you start talking about being close to a different element,you need to think about the element right there in culver city which is right up the street, opp too bad isn't it
Actually, the projects you refer to, "Mar Vista Gardens" and are in Los Angeles, not Culver City (Just off of Inglewood Blvd., south of Braddock). I'm not saying that Culver City is free of bad types. Quite the contrary, most all areas around this part of town have been influenced by communities further east. Even a sleepy little town like El Segundo has it's issues (remember the officers involved with the shooting at the theater a few months back. One of those officers is still unable to return to duty because of a very bad element). wishful thinking that we can keep our communities free and clear of crime and scum.
ChristyL

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

What's in a name? Mar Vista, Inglewood,Culver City? I recently had the pleasure of shopping at the "Fox Hills Mall", I shopped and was not robbed or shot, we ate dinner near by at the Bridge and had a nice experience. I think things are going to look up after the election of 2008, I think the nearby communities will be inspired.
Africa

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Just because you see Black people in the area, dosnt make the area bad.
Laura

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

I go to the Bridge & Fox Hills Mall all the time. I love the kids clothing and great deals in the JC Penney and the Macys. I think the prices are lower at this mall than any of the other malls. I'm a little 52 year old white lady and I have had no problems. The mall is full of families trying to shop for bargains with their kids.
Theresa

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

The shops there are great. It is a colorful environment but I believe anytime there are a concentration of teesn you have a mix of opinions about how safe the environment is. I don't think it is a racial concern, mostly behavior and class. If the community keeps the police patrols and the curfue in place - better yet, as cities improve the shopping experiences for the neighborhoods where the teens live, they will learn to appreciate their surroundings. Yes I also think everyone is inspired by the election and many teens will pull up their pants eventually.:)

Beverly Hills is the way that it is because of the money, the residents (sometimes) and the police department. There are major white collar criminals living in BH and every where else. Likewise, Culver City, Mar Vista, Play Vista are all places where people with common values live. If an influx of people move in with different values, the community will change regardless of the race of those that come in. I'm so glad that we have a new president that represents everyone - we will all learn more about eachother and learn to value diversity.

PS - As an African American female, i enjoy meeting, shopping and saying hello to people who dont look like me. The little 52 year old white ladies (like the one who posted above) and everyone in between are impt. This is what makes life great. Diversity.
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

by the looks of it,it seems like the clips wont be going to the playoffs
Ashley

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Is anyone even going to address that the new Clippers training facility is actually in Los Angeles and not Culver City. It is actually in Playa Vista, which is a community in Los Angeles. So your facts arent even correct.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

oh well,sh!t happens
BWF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

18-56 as of this writing . . . pretty bad - even by Clipper standards. Maybe they can break 20 wins before the end of the season. . .
JasonWaters

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

Great to see the coverage. Having worked as a Proj. Eng. on the building, I can tell you it certainly is one of the best training facilities in the entire NBA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••