Porter, not Stoudemire, is the likely...

Porter, not Stoudemire, is the likely Sun to go

There are 66 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Porter, not Stoudemire, is the likely Sun to go. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Suns play at home Tuesday, the NBA trading deadline is Thursday, and even the roar that greeted Amare Stoudemire during Sunday's player introductions couldn't drown out the rumors surrounding the four-time ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Typical Sox Fan

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2009
Shut the f*** up KC. We know you don't want Amare. The deal is going to get done.
Dan

Bellwood, IL

#2 Feb 15, 2009
KC,

I know that you are against this trade and I am a loyal fan no matter what happens but mark my words, the fans are going to STOP coming.

If management thinks the economy is going to effect the team, wait until post February 19th and nothing happens. It is going to get worse.

If the owner of the Suns is trying to cut payroll, the firing of Porter should be irrelevant.
Typical Sox Fan

United States

#3 Feb 15, 2009
+dan

KC how about posting something positive about Amare?
Justin

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 Feb 15, 2009
I have no idea who to believe, but cbs sports reported just before the game that chicago and phoenix talks were heating up. Now espn radio just reported that Chicago has an offer on the table and that's it. They also said Detorit is the only other team that could make a late run. This is really interesting.
Dan

Bellwood, IL

#5 Feb 15, 2009
KC,

We need an all star who can score.

Amare is a true piece to the puzzle called a contender. Your article is the first that I have heard of this.

I hope that you are wrong.

You have to understand. Rose plus Amare and you will now have players that want to come here and play in 2010.

You have to have quality caliber players to attract other quality players. It is a momentum thing.

Stars want to play with other stars.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Feb 15, 2009
the sun wont rise without amare
Mel

United States

#7 Feb 15, 2009
Probably the only thing holding up a Stoudemire trade to anyone is his willingness to sign an extension which no doubt would be the max. Amare admitted he is turning down his player option 2010/2011 $17.5 mil. to be a free agent. Right now only Kobe, Lebron and Dwight Howard are actually worth more than that. Is Amare really worth $20 mil. per year? Amare is basketball's version of Alphonso Soriano. Without an extension Stoudemire isn't a hot a property as one would think.
KC Johnson

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2009
I'm debbie downer
Tiffany

United States

#12 Feb 16, 2009
the suns need amare
bullsfan09

United States

#13 Feb 16, 2009
I rather for the bulls to get Camby at C, hopefully we get him for peanuts like noah and drew gooden and a conditional draft pick.
michael p coy

Fort Myers, FL

#14 Feb 16, 2009
WOW! What a Surprise Cheapy Jerry has told Pax to ride out contracts. Why bring in a star,( Garnet,Gasol,Bryant,etc.) when you can Draft and get players on Rookie Contracts and Continue having Kool-Aid Drinking Lemmings show up at United and keep Ole Jer's Home in Arizona lined with $$$$
Redundant

Portland, OR

#15 Feb 16, 2009
Actually the V in HIV stands for virus.
clueless

Lake In The Hills, IL

#16 Feb 16, 2009
With the new coaching change and the recent good play of the Suns when they went back to the uptempo style, I don't see the Suns getting rid of Amare at this point.
Miguel

Schaumburg, IL

#17 Feb 16, 2009
my guess is pax quits after failing to make a trade. he's got to take the blame for being in this situation about having a meddling boss prevents him from doing the job. missing opportunities such as gasshol, garnett has got to be the owners fault, imho. as long as the stands are fool, pax must be doing something right.
Resign NOW

Atlanta, GA

#18 Feb 16, 2009
Paxson won't make a deal because he does not have the skill set required 2 do so. This is what happens when u hire someone who is UNQUALIFIED 2 run a team.
Chris D

Biên Hòa, Vietnam

#19 Feb 16, 2009
I'd love to see the Bulls make some moves, but not so much for Stoudemire. Camby would be a nice fit. I'd also like to see the Bulls get David Lee from the knicks if they can pry him away.

If the Bulls don't make any moves I'll wait to see if they can do something in the offseason. But if they cannot make a trade now or this summer or sign a free agent (not sure about their cap space) then they have REALLY disappointed.

I don't think Noah or Thomas will ever be the offensive power that Stoudemire is, but if the Bulls would decide to play an up tempo game I think both would look a lot better.

The Bulls might want to follow the Suns' lead and make a coaching change soon.
Anthony

United States

#20 Feb 16, 2009
This is all very confusing. I would have to put, overall, the blame on Reinsdorf. He's let the Bulls organization meddle in the no-identity wilderness for too long. I must say, however, watching the Bulls last 10 games before the break gave some hope. Obviously we need another piece, but maybe we don't have to make "the big trade" right this second. Although I do love the idea of Amare on the Bulls, I agree with some in that I don't see him being the best player on a championship team. And with his high price-tag, we might just be spending a lot for a second-round-playoff-ceiling. Nevertheless, I could be wrong. Therefore, I don't get too aggressive with my criticisms, only with those who criticize too aggressively.
ANTI WILT THE STILT

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 Feb 16, 2009
KC what a awful homer u are.....u cant write anything negative about the Bulls....anyone with any knowledge of basketball knows that Paxon is way over his head...in fact u are too!!!!!!!!!!
Greg H

Woodridge, IL

#22 Feb 16, 2009
Life without Stoudamire is fine with me. We don't need another guy who plays no defense. Gordon is enough. Besides, his knee trouble is a big issue for me. Kaman is intriguing. Camby is older but he's a rebounding machine. Either would be nice.

Why are we still hearing talk that Thomas is a bust? He's putting up excellent numbers and is a presence around the basket on defense. He's hustling and dominatges games in stretches. Keep it up!
Scott

Berkeley, IL

#23 Feb 16, 2009
Typical Sox Fan wrote:
+dan
KC how about posting something positive about Amare?
KC has never posted or said anything negative about Amare. What he asks is will the Bulls be a championship contender with just Rose and Amare? Because Amare is going to ask for $20 million a year in two years and Rose will be another max guy in a few years as well.

If Amare is so great, how come Phoenix has never even played for a championship when they have a two time MVP in Nash and several other good pieces? Amare is a excellent player, but I doubt he puts the Bulls over the top, even in the East.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcus Camby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
News Could the New York Knicks Acquire Tyreke Evans ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 6
News New York Knicks Making LeBron James Plans: Quen... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Heat Fan 2
News Nothin' but Net: Once-solid Knicks, Clippers sh... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginobili 1
News Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
News NBA trade rumors 2013: Danny Granger trade to N... (Feb '13) Feb '13 james 1
News Can the New York Knicks Still Be Considered a C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Heavy Mental 2
More from around the web