Magic, Dooling look ahead to free agency

Magic, Dooling look ahead to free agency

There are 62 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Magic, Dooling look ahead to free agency. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

His heart and his home are in Orlando, but Keyon Dooling could be leaving both behind next season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Since: Jan 08

San Antonio, TX

#47 Jun 14, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever signs Dooling will have a problem, Dooling is not a pg and the Magic will better off without him. The Magic need a real pg in place of Dooling a player like Duhon.
And for those who say that Dooling home is Orlando are incorrect Fort Lauderdale, FL is Dooling's home it's where his father and mother live and where he maintains his primary home. So there is a very good chance that the Heat will get Dooling since his family want him to come back home.
I don't see the Magic giving Dooling the kind of money that he is asking for so instead the Magic will be going after a real pg free agent who can help the Magic now.
----------
Evans is not a lock for the Magic as well since he asking for triple what he earned this past season. I have been reading where many experts do not see the Magic paying him triple maybe half, but not triple.
I can understand why he is doing this since this will be the last time that he can go after a large contract. Remember everyone Evans is 30 this year so how many years do you really think he has left in his career.
With only one draft pick, a limited budget, and six free agents.. the Magic could be in a pickle.

Garrity, Foyle, Augustine, and Arroyo won't return. I think either Evans or dooling will decide to stay, but not both. Bogans has decided to stay, so under contract next season we have: Bogans, Turk, Howard, Nelson, Lewis, battie,Reddick,Gortat and Cook.
We have 6 roster spots and 1 pick. This means that we will have work out a trade.

Reddick was rumored to be trade bait to get a player and a 2nd rd pick. I see us retaining Evans ( won't find the money he is looking for)drafting Brandon Rush or Douglas-roberts, and doing s sign and trade for one of ouor free agents to aquire more picks.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#48 Jun 14, 2008
NORE77 wrote:
<quoted text>
With only one draft pick, a limited budget, and six free agents.. the Magic could be in a pickle.
Garrity, Foyle, Augustine, and Arroyo won't return. I think either Evans or dooling will decide to stay, but not both. Bogans has decided to stay, so under contract next season we have: Bogans, Turk, Howard, Nelson, Lewis, battie,Reddick,Gortat and Cook.
We have 6 roster spots and 1 pick. This means that we will have work out a trade.
Reddick was rumored to be trade bait to get a player and a 2nd rd pick. I see us retaining Evans ( won't find the money he is looking for)drafting Brandon Rush or Douglas-Roberts, and doing s sign and trade for one of our free agents to acquire more picks.
Actually the Magic are rumored to having bought a second round pick with cash. So that gives them two draft picks plus they have the MLE and the LLE. So after the draft and free agency they most likely will have added four players.
Redick most likely will still be with the Magic. There is a better then 50% chance that the Magic could lose both Dooling and Evans. Right now the Magic look to lose Dooling since he is asking for a lot more then the Magic seem to be willing to play. And Evans wants triple what he is getting now and yes he has a chance of getting what he wants. Because other then the playoffs he played himself into a bigger paycheck then what he got this past season.
I think that the Magic will go after that big man to help Howard on the boards instead of another SG. And I see them signing a free agent pg like Duhon who is your typical pg who looks to pass to his team mates first and shoot last. Plus he knows how to play defense.
The last time I heard Redick was not being used as trade bait instead Bogans is the trade bait since he played this year and so he is a known entity unlike Redick who did not play.
Angel

Windermere, FL

#49 Jun 15, 2008
The Magic Man wrote:
Maggette is not going to sign for the mid-level....wishful thinking. We need a distributor, something we don't currently have on the roster.
How is that Ariza trade working out. Let's see, Evans will leave for free agency, so we will get nothing in return. And then there is Cook, a stiff with 2 yrs left on his contract. Great trade.
compared to Ariza? and injury proned player who cant shoot. he missed damn near the second half of the season due to injuries!
LMAO

AOL

#53 Jun 16, 2008
NORE77 wrote:
<quoted text>
More equal than others??? That statement shows that your education was not equal to what the other kids in your trailor park received. If sarcasm and ignorance is all you have to offer, why not just share that with your family.
Ahhhh, NORE! Sorry to hear that the Police caught you out at Lake Weir with your female Bulldog doing the Nasty!

My trailer park gang all went to Duke with me and we all became Neuro-surgeons.

Trade JJ! Puleeezzzzzee
LMAO

AOL

#54 Jun 16, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Magic are rumored to having bought a second round pick with cash. So that gives them two draft picks plus they have the MLE and the LLE. So after the draft and free agency they most likely will have added four players.
Redick most likely will still be with the Magic. There is a better then 50% chance that the Magic could lose both Dooling and Evans. Right now the Magic look to lose Dooling since he is asking for a lot more then the Magic seem to be willing to play. And Evans wants triple what he is getting now and yes he has a chance of getting what he wants. Because other then the playoffs he played himself into a bigger paycheck then what he got this past season.
I think that the Magic will go after that big man to help Howard on the boards instead of another SG. And I see them signing a free agent pg like Duhon who is your typical pg who looks to pass to his team mates first and shoot last. Plus he knows how to play defense.
The last time I heard Redick was not being used as trade bait instead Bogans is the trade bait since he played this year and so he is a known entity unlike Redick who did not play.

Phillip! I love you man but quit wishing that JJ has to stay with the MAGIC! He doesnt deserve that fate. Get him away from the idiots that run that team and a coach thats too dumb to set picks for him.

UGH! He can still live in Orlando and play golf. But to be stuck with the Magic Losers is not fair to him at all. He puts in all that work, gets told he's a player and will get PT, then sits another year? I DONT THINK SO!

If there's a basketball God he will get outta Orlando!

:)

Plano, TX

#56 Jun 16, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos. I have to admit that you consistently have educated responses. I knew that they had a deal in the works for a 2nd rnd pick, but didn't know it was for cash.
Dooling probably is gone. I hope that Evans stays, but he may not as you said. I think that the Magic should work a sign in trade for Martel webster and the $12 million expiring contract of Raef Lafrentz. We could give them the point guard they covet in Arroyo (sign and trade) & dooling. A power move like that would give us a 2 guard w/ size and a decent backup for Dwight that can face the basket. Most of all it will free up cash to resign Turk after next season

Sadly, I think the Magic will trade hedo mid season to get something for him since he is gonna cash in big in free agency
i pity your mom

Dover, FL

#58 Jun 17, 2008
nore77 i bet u throw sod better than any of your co-workers. maybe u can get carlos a job when no one signs him
T-Rain

Hyattsville, MD

#59 Jun 17, 2008
"You like a guy -- but at what number?"

Hey Otis! Maybe if you didn't overpay Rashard Lewis by about $50M, you'd have a better shot at re-signing Dooling.
T-Rain

Hyattsville, MD

#60 Jun 17, 2008
ESPN reports that Otis Smith likes Courtney Lee over CDR, if that's true, I'm suspicious of Lee already. Remember, Otis is the guy who really liked Maurice Evans and Keith Bogans.

Plano, TX

#61 Jun 17, 2008
i pity your mom wrote:
nore77 i bet u throw sod better than any of your co-workers. maybe u can get carlos a job when no one signs him
Corny. Your attempt at humor was sad.
I don't think Arroyo should be resigned, unless its a sign and trade.
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#62 Jun 17, 2008
Maybe someone could get Dooling on over at NASA.

New York, NY

#63 Jun 18, 2008
T-Rain wrote:
ESPN reports that Otis Smith likes Courtney Lee over CDR, if that's true, I'm suspicious of Lee already. Remember, Otis is the guy who really liked Maurice Evans and Keith Bogans.
Remember this information is coming from Chad Ford. And when it comes to mock drafts Chad isn't one of the best just look at his past years and see how badly he did.
Smith does do one thing well and that is to throw smokescreens about who he is really going to pick. He loves to throw a name out and then watch everyone scramble to see how they react.
My reaction to Lee is he is a second round pick and Otis should be looking at getting another big man to help out Howard because Battie just does not cut it anymore. Battie can not run up and down the court that way SVG wants his team to run.
I say if Robin Lopez is not around then the Magic should go after Jason Thompson then buy a second round pick from either Portland or Seattle since both teams are talking about selling their picks in that round. Then the Magic can pickup Lee if they still want him.
Sixx

West Monroe, LA

#64 Jun 18, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this information is coming from Chad Ford. And when it comes to mock drafts Chad isn't one of the best just look at his past years and see how badly he did.
Smith does do one thing well and that is to throw smokescreens about who he is really going to pick. He loves to throw a name out and then watch everyone scramble to see how they react.
My reaction to Lee is he is a second round pick and Otis should be looking at getting another big man to help out Howard because Battie just does not cut it anymore. Battie can not run up and down the court that way SVG wants his team to run.
I say if Robin Lopez is not around then the Magic should go after Jason Thompson then buy a second round pick from either Portland or Seattle since both teams are talking about selling their picks in that round. Then the Magic can pickup Lee if they still want him.
I like the sound of that...I would love for them to get a physical big, but where they are picking just make sure to get someone that can contribute.

Wish we would get some more info. on the guys they are working out and how they are looking :P
LMAO

AOL

#65 Jun 18, 2008
I'd like to make an admission here and now that I was wrong once this past year! I thought and said many times that a Western Team would win the title this year once again.

I knew the fix was in for Boston, but I thought the Spurs would be there. So, I made ONE mistake all year!
But anyway, I'd like to thank the Father, Son and Holy Ghost for F-I-N-A-L-L-Y letting the NBA season too be over! There are two things in sports today that have to be the most annoying things about Pro sports in History.
(1) is The NBA playing basketball till JUlY!
(2) Baseball being played in the snow in both Spring & October(also snow prone.)

Good luck to my buddy JJ at getting away from the Magic. He deserves better than having to be stuck with this bunch of losers, from the Prez on down, particularly the dumb GM and the lying Coach.

See ya next year unless you aggitate me into responding on here again. Dream On Magic Fans!

i pity your mom

Dover, FL

#66 Jun 18, 2008
LMAO wrote:
I'd like to make an admission here and now that I was wrong once this past year! I thought and said many times that a Western Team would win the title this year once again.
I knew the fix was in for Boston, but I thought the Spurs would be there. So, I made ONE mistake all year!
But anyway, I'd like to thank the Father, Son and Holy Ghost for F-I-N-A-L-L-Y letting the NBA season too be over! There are two things in sports today that have to be the most annoying things about Pro sports in History.
(1) is The NBA playing basketball till JUlY!
(2) Baseball being played in the snow in both Spring & October(also snow prone.)
Good luck to my buddy JJ at getting away from the Magic. He deserves better than having to be stuck with this bunch of losers, from the Prez on down, particularly the dumb GM and the lying Coach.
See ya next year unless you aggitate me into responding on here again. Dream On Magic Fans!
maybe before next year jj will grow 3 inches, somehow get some altheticism, and if miracles really do happen, he'll learn to play D.. keep hoping in one hand and sh'tting in the other.. both adam morrison and jj are jokes

New York, NY

#67 Jun 18, 2008
Sixx wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the sound of that...I would love for them to get a physical big, but where they are picking just make sure to get someone that can contribute.
Wish we would get some more info. on the guys they are working out and how they are looking :P
Jason Thompson 6'11" PF from Rider had a great 4 years, but his senior year was a topper. He has shown that he can play with the big schools and in the private workouts he has shown quite well also. Thompson started out in the middle of the second round and now is a late to mid late first round draft pick and should be there when the Magic pick.
Also a another great point about him he used his brain and got into very little foul trouble his senior year and played more minutes then most big men considering he was Rider College's only real PF. I watched him run up and down the court with ease playing almost the entire game. Now this is the kind of player that the Magic need. Battie is over 30 (in the NBA that is old) and coming back from major surgery and plus Battie never was able to really run up and down the court in his whole career.
Time for Otis Smith to pick with his brain instead of the player that he loves the best. I know that he loves Lee because in Lee he see's another Dooling since Lee played both pg/sg when in college.
Lee is in most mocks still a high to middle second round pick only 2 mocks show him being picked in the first round and both cases near the bottom of that round. Lee has moved some in the mocks while Thompson has moved a lot. I think the reason for that is not a lot of people saw Thompson play considering he played for Rider College and now when they see what he can do that is the reason he is moving up in the draft.
LMAO

AOL

#68 Jun 19, 2008
i pity your mom wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe before next year jj will grow 3 inches, somehow get some altheticism, and if miracles really do happen, he'll learn to play D.. keep hoping in one hand and sh'tting in the other.. both adam morrison and jj are jokes
Just dont get so upset because when you take a shower all the guys point and laugh at your teeny lil weenie! OK!
Dont annoy me, you dont have a any intelligence nor knowledge whether Morrison (I hate) or JJ (WE ALL LOVE) can play. JJ was never given a chance with this racist team. Period!

New York, NY

#69 Jun 19, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Just dont get so upset because when you take a shower all the guys point and laugh at your teeny lil weenie! OK!
Dont annoy me, you dont have a any intelligence nor knowledge whether Morrison (I hate) or JJ (WE ALL LOVE) can play. JJ was never given a chance with this racist team. Period!
Redick just posted his latest blog and now he is saying that yes he is staying in Orlando and he is sure 100% that he is staying put.
I know how much you hate the Magic for not playing Redick (I am not all that happy either), but I just thought you should have the update.
BTW Redick also posted his entire workout routain it's quite impressive.

I started working out again the last week of May. By now, I have settled into my summer workout routine. Mondays are basketball work, lifting, and agility work. Tuesdays are Pilates, basketball, and conditioning. Wednesdays are basketball and lifting. Thursdays are basketball, agility, and Pilates. And I finish out the week on Fridays with basketball, lifting, and conditioning. Each workout takes about an hour. Essentially Iím working out three to four hours a day. And obviously, Iím working on a variety of things. I want to get stronger (weight room). I want to get quicker and get my hips stronger for defense (Pilates and hip agility work). I can always use more core strength and flexibility (Pilates). And of course, Iím working on my game trying to improve my ball-handling and scoring off the dribble. So far, Iíve been pleased with my progress and hope that come October 1, Iíll be in peak physical condition to challenge for minutes.

http://www.redicklive.com/redick/blogDetail/5...
LMAO

AOL

#70 Jun 19, 2008
Thanks Phil... after I posted earlier I went to that site and saw the update.
I can only pray that JJ understands that if Evans signs, Bogan is staying and Otis is apparently looking at Lee & CD Roberts & Rush etc, etc...that he realizes any of those guys are after his position.
Gurgle!
I still wish for a trade where he can get some PT. Even in Europe they are signing contracts now for the likes of $24Mil for 4 years, etc.

That's one heck of a workout schedule too! Hope he doesn't become the best physically conditioned bench sitter in the league, LOL.
CED

Orlando, FL

#72 Jul 3, 2008
CHUT UP BAD YOU JUST SAYING THAT CAUSE YOU ARE FROM PUERTO AND YOU LIKE CARLOS. YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING YOU AINT NOBODY. GO SUCK ON A LIME.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings Mystified By Wizards, 113-99 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
News NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
News What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
News Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
News NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
News Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
More from around the web