Magic, Dooling look ahead to free agency

Magic, Dooling look ahead to free agency

There are 62 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Magic, Dooling look ahead to free agency. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

His heart and his home are in Orlando, but Keyon Dooling could be leaving both behind next season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Ronald

Macon, GA

#23 Jun 12, 2008
Resign Dooling!!! If he goes to Dallas or Utah he will be in a great situation. Both teams have systems where the guards attack. Also, he would be backing up two of the top point guards in our league. I think he would be more appreciated in the West. Dooling should get average salary in this league and last time I checked average salary was between 4 and 5 mil/per. Just as Deaf Ears stated above we didn't lose to Detroit because of our gaurd play. Our bigs turned the ball over. Many times our gaurds and our bench kept us in the game until our Big 3 were ready to play. That being said pay the guy what he deserves or what we value him to our team or he'll get it from someone else. Keep this team together and add through the draft.
Bob Loblaw

Fort Wayne, IN

#24 Jun 12, 2008
The Magic Man wrote:
Maggette is not going to sign for the mid-level....wishful thinking. We need a distributor, something we don't currently have on the roster.
How is that Ariza trade working out. Let's see, Evans will leave for free agency, so we will get nothing in return. And then there is Cook, a stiff with 2 yrs left on his contract. Great trade.
Im watching Ariza get punked by Paul Pierce in the Finals. Looks like a good trade to me.
This is a big off season for Otis. 6 or 7 free agents. He might sign 1 or 2. That means he had to pick up 5 or 6 new players and make the team better. That will be a tought task. We'll see if he is worth the new extension. I think he can do it. At least trade Redick so LMAO can go somewhere else to post his bs.
Luis Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

#25 Jun 12, 2008
Dont sing Dooling and trade Nelson and get Chancey B.
Luis Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

#26 Jun 12, 2008
Or try to get Elton Brand is a good help for Howard.
Longtimefan

Jacksonville, FL

#27 Jun 12, 2008
Well I didn't notice anyone mentioning Gilbert Arenas.. How about doing a sign and trade with The wizards and give up Turk, J.J and a future 1st. i think we fans could live with that!!
alex

Plano, TX

#28 Jun 13, 2008
wat ever happened to vince carter wanting to play in orlando? i would trade hedo because carter is a big guard who attacks the rim and passes more then hedo..(if u look at wat they did in the regular season stats)
LMAO

AOL

#29 Jun 13, 2008
Bob Loblaw wrote:
<quoted text>
At least trade Redick so LMAO can go somewhere else to post his bs.
Thanks Bob! Great to see you get on the correct page finally!
I knew there was some reason that deeeeep down we had the perfect relationship. TRADE JJ!

:)
i pity your mom

Dover, FL

#30 Jun 13, 2008
god all the ricans get old with the incessant get rid of jameer crap..fact is arroyo has been a pg for 3 different teams and he couldnt win or keep the starters role on any. in my opinion he can go back to PR and sell oranges or brew rum or whatever it is they do on that third world country

Since: Apr 07

United States

#32 Jun 13, 2008
Answer: Boston, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, Miami, Detroit.

Question: Who signs Keyon if Orlando does not sign him.

That is the reality of the situation. If the Magic let Dooling go, he makes one of the Magic's conference rivals better.
i pity your mom

Dover, FL

#35 Jun 13, 2008
DEAF EARS wrote:
<quoted text>
come on man
3RD WORLD COUNTRIES ARE NOT AS BAD AS PUERTO RICO, THEY MIGHT BE THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES BUT THEY HAVE PRIDE TO AND IT HURTS WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO THAT DUMP PUERTO RICO.
ARROYO IS TRASH
ADIOS AMIGOS I THINK IS THE TERM
AND ALONG WITH HIM ALL THE DIRTY RICAN FANS WHO BUY THE $10 SEATS
listen buddy puerto ricans have alot of pride in their country, thats why they move to the US and ride around in their lil rice burners with rims and a rican flag on the rear view mirror..nothing says i love my rat hole lil island more than moving to the US and failing to assimilate into a culture..you dont want your kid learning spanish first and englsih as a secondary language?..
so says the 5th generation floridian.. vive la arroyo! go back to your stinky island and interbreed when youre done throwing sod on my lawn, which a nice anglo saxon bum coulda done, but u took his job...
i pity your mom

Dover, FL

#36 Jun 13, 2008
we should adopt spanish as our national language..make carlos arroyo president and jj reddick vise pres..everyone would be happy

Since: Jan 08

San Antonio, TX

#37 Jun 13, 2008
i pity your mom wrote:
<quoted text>
listen buddy puerto ricans have alot of pride in their country, thats why they move to the US and ride around in their lil rice burners with rims and a rican flag on the rear view mirror..nothing says i love my rat hole lil island more than moving to the US and failing to assimilate into a culture..you dont want your kid learning spanish first and englsih as a secondary language?..
so says the 5th generation floridian.. vive la arroyo! go back to your stinky island and interbreed when youre done throwing sod on my lawn, which a nice anglo saxon bum coulda done, but u took his job...
There is a lot of ignorance in the world. People say very dumb things for attention. God bless you and I hope you learn that we are all equal.
LMAO

AOL

#38 Jun 14, 2008
NORE77 wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you and I hope you learn that we are all equal.
Well said NORE. It's just that some are More Equal than others.

TRADE JJ!
alex

Plano, TX

#39 Jun 14, 2008
DEAF EARS wrote:
<quoted text>
come on man
3RD WORLD COUNTRIES ARE NOT AS BAD AS PUERTO RICO, THEY MIGHT BE THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES BUT THEY HAVE PRIDE TO AND IT HURTS WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO THAT DUMP PUERTO RICO.
ARROYO IS TRASH
ADIOS AMIGOS I THINK IS THE TERM
AND ALONG WITH HIM ALL THE DIRTY RICAN FANS WHO BUY THE $10 SEATS
wow who ever said this can go suck a d***... u got no rooom to talk about puerto ricans like that... this is supposed to be magic talk and its more like racist
Bob Loblaw

Fort Wayne, IN

#41 Jun 14, 2008
Once Arroyo is finally gone, we can have a basketball forum again, and not a racial war with the ricans.
Anyway, Dooling is a decent player and it would be good to keep him for a fair price, but he certainly isnt worth the mid level. I dont think he has earned a raise from what he is making now. We need a pass first PG and a big bruiser down low and a solid SG. Those should be the priorities.
willie

Pompano Beach, FL

#42 Jun 14, 2008
maggette is too expensive i think otis should go after pietrus or jr smith i am tired of people saying trade turk i dont think those people saw a lot of magic games he was great for us otis should trade expiring contracts and jj redick for al harrington or chris wilcox or haslem battie is not going to cut it long term at pf a cheap fix would be two sign both kwame and jamal magliore so there is a solid rotation of bigs coming in also a must have would be brandon rush or cdr in the draft this is what i would do if i was otis but knowing otis he wont do nothing at all because he likes his team

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#43 Jun 14, 2008
MarkL5 wrote:
Answer: Boston, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, Miami, Detroit.
Question: Who signs Keyon if Orlando does not sign him.
That is the reality of the situation. If the Magic let Dooling go, he makes one of the Magic's conference rivals better.
Whoever signs Dooling will have a problem, Dooling is not a pg and the Magic will better off without him. The Magic need a real pg in place of Dooling a player like Duhon.

And for those who say that Dooling home is Orlando are incorrect Fort Lauderdale, FL is Dooling's home it's where his father and mother live and where he maintains his primary home. So there is a very good chance that the Heat will get Dooling since his family want him to come back home.
I don't see the Magic giving Dooling the kind of money that he is asking for so instead the Magic will be going after a real pg free agent who can help the Magic now.
----------

Evans is not a lock for the Magic as well since he asking for triple what he earned this past season. I have been reading where many experts do not see the Magic paying him triple maybe half, but not triple.
I can understand why he is doing this since this will be the last time that he can go after a large contract. Remember everyone Evans is 30 this year so how many years do you really think he has left in his career.
i pity your mom

Dover, FL

#44 Jun 14, 2008
toady is june 14th,flag day here in the good ole US, what flag r u flying? a thirld world counrty u dont live in? or a wonderful nation that provides u with the comforts and lifestyle you take for granted..god bless the damn USA and damn those who live here but dont treasure it above that stinky monkey island puerta rica

San Antonio, TX

#45 Jun 14, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said NORE. It's just that some are More Equal than others.
TRADE JJ!
More equal than others??? That statement shows that your education was not equal to what the other kids in your trailor park received. If sarcasm and ignorance is all you have to offer, why not just share that with your family.

San Antonio, TX

#46 Jun 14, 2008
i pity your mom wrote:
toady is june 14th,flag day here in the good ole US, what flag r u flying? a thirld world counrty u dont live in? or a wonderful nation that provides u with the comforts and lifestyle you take for granted..god bless the damn USA and damn those who live here but dont treasure it above that stinky monkey island puerta rica
It's sad that God's name is used to promote ignorance. To suggest that God would bless America only is dumb. I am an American and thought that you should know that Puerto Rico is part of the US. Stop judging others and start loving people. if you want to spread hate, go to Puerto Rico and tell the people how you feel.

This is a basketball forum, not a place for racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings Mystified By Wizards, 113-99 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
News NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
News What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
News Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
News NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
News Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
More from around the web