Magic hope championship will fall in place with Vince Carter in...

It will take a few more weeks and several dozen more phone calls with agents and general managers before he can exhale. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
derek

Oviedo, FL

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Awesome, we have Shaq to Cle video, but not Carter to Orl or the press conference of Carter!
Renegade Thunder

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2009
Time will only tell if VC turns out to be part of the puzzle to scoring an O'Brien. Picking up 'Sheed would help cement that we're in contention next year.
Do You Believe In Magic92

Valdosta, GA

#3 Jun 27, 2009
dont like Sheed or MckieD very much,but then again,it might have have soemthin to do w/ playin for Detroit.....
jopoc

Manila, Philippines

#4 Jun 27, 2009
we need a natural PF to complete a championship team. he need not be a superstar, as long as he can rebound and probably make mid-range shots.
Nate

Kissimmee, FL

#5 Jun 27, 2009
Before we traded for Vin-sanity, I was hoping we would get a Boozer, Milsap or David Lee for our team. Now we can focus on getting some combo of Gortat, Sheed or McDyess. We need a starting PF and a backup big man and I believe we will be set!
Moves

Altamonte Springs, FL

#6 Jun 27, 2009
Sign McDyess and find a way to keep Gortat. Going to need a backup PG too.
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#7 Jun 27, 2009
All this stuff works out if we keep Turk. I hope we can keep Gortat too but Turk is key. He is very versitile. He is a tall matchup nightmare for other teams. Can drive to the hoop or shoot the 3. And is money with the game on the line.

KEEP TURK!

GO MAGIC!
awbasketball

Pelham, NH

#8 Jun 27, 2009
What about a lineup of

Howard
Lewis
Carter
Redick
Nelson

Leaving Pietrus on the bench to provide more offense and defense for the second team, along with AJ, Anderson, Resign Gortat and a few other Free Agents
College Parker

Orlando, FL

#9 Jun 27, 2009
Magic are more interested in Brandon Bass of Dallas than they are of the aformentioned.

Since: Jun 09

Winter Park, FL

#10 Jun 27, 2009
Wallace, Brandon Bass. Wow! I watched a couple of spurs games last year and Bass was a great compliment to Duncan, he is young and could be helping Dwight around the basket for years to come! Anderson and Bass could become great new young magic players, with an upside just like clee. Rasheed just proves we want to win now!
magictoast

Chino, CA

#11 Jun 27, 2009
the problem with guys like Gortat and Turk is that they have 1 decent season a all of the sudden we're suppose to break the bank for them. As soon as these athletes start asking for more money it becomes a curse. watch for Turk and Gortat elsewhere to have little or no impact for there team. all that is left for this team is a back up post player and a back up PG. Plenty of those out there.
True Fan

Winter Garden, FL

#12 Jun 27, 2009
McDyess is perfect for the Magic. He would come cheap and play the PJ Brown role for 2 years. Also he doesn't have the issues Wallace has.
Jaxfann

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Jun 27, 2009
Joe Comment wrote:
All this stuff works out if we keep Turk. I hope we can keep Gortat too but Turk is key. He is very versitile. He is a tall matchup nightmare for other teams. Can drive to the hoop or shoot the 3. And is money with the game on the line.
KEEP TURK!
GO MAGIC!
Correction - "is occasionally money when the game is on the line!!"
marko

Oviedo, FL

#14 Jun 27, 2009
if pietrus can handle the starting 2 gaurd full time,and be productive consistantly...we are lookinmg really strong,add another nice free agent....watch out...resign gortat fast !!
keep veteran point gaurd johnson around,i like him and his all out play!!
ron

Orlando, FL

#15 Jun 27, 2009
Sign Bass (maybe a backup PG too) and Gortat. We need the interior backups. Anderson, Bass and Gortat would make for awesome depth!
College Parker

Orlando, FL

#16 Jun 27, 2009
Yeah ... I really hope they pick up Bass ... he's plays very aggressive ... big muscular guy. Bass Anderson and sign the Polish Hammer and we'll have the size to compete, not to mention a nice young team that will be around for a while!
Floridadude

Orlando, FL

#17 Jun 27, 2009
Kyle, you amaze me. No matter what Otis and the Magic do, the media questions everything. No one is perfect. It is like that old bumper sticker. "Question Everything" Who are we to decide who and what the Magic management pick? They really could care less about the media thinks. We are not writing the checks. They knew Turk was going bye bye and I sincerely think they hated giving up Lee but then again they crunch the numbers and the payroll and the taxes, not us. We go watch games and live with it. If we don't like it then don't go.
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#18 Jun 27, 2009
Turk has been good for more than one season - I would say he is in the prime of his career. As Jaxfann correctly points out he is money with the game on the line "sometimes". I like how he hit game winning 3's vs Cavs. Even if one was erased by Lebron's last second 3 miracle shot. Got to keep Turk.
Turk

Santa Clara, CA

#19 Jun 27, 2009
Magic will be a mediocre team without him, they wont be in the finals next year
Thirsty Gators

Winter Park, FL

#20 Jun 27, 2009
Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Gortat
Howard
Wow,that would be exciting to see,need to put Lewis back @ 3spot,re-sign Gortat for PF (or start Anderson).Maybe find a couple of good players in the summer league or free-agents to fill the roster up.Can't wait for next season!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marcin Gortat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••